Elder scrolls religion

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Daveman said:
Daedra are badass. Divines seem to do fuck all except the occasional blessing and Sithis is just cartoonishly OTT.

Out of the Daedra, I think I'd have to say I'd worship either Peryite, Mephala or Meridia.
Dude what about Sheogorath? He's like a clinically insane Sean Connery with a WABBAJACK!!

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Vivec was a pretty cool guy... Almalexia was a total ***** though. I would say the Tribunal but I really just like Vivec.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Acrisius said:
You're saying that having dragon blood, being able to absorb the souls of dragons and shouting to cause a thunderstorm and shit...isn't impossible..? Most people in the games don't believe any of that shit is actually real, that it's just a legend or myth, etc. Kinda like with jesus.

No wait, I'm not gonna get dragged into a religious discussion. Stop shoving your fucking atheism in people's faces, this has nothing to do with any of that, you're taking things out of context :p

Talos = Badass Jesus of Tamriel. End of story :D

And you can find grand souls everywhere. Mammoth's and Giants for example. Powerful Draugr...You fucked Azura over for a minor convenience! BWAHAHA JERK! :D
Haha, sorry, didn't mean to, although I knew it'd come across that way x.x
What I meant is that those things in those games exist and we know that for a fact as the player (and really, as any other NPC who sees me WUUUUUUUUUUUULDing my way through cities :p ). Hell, the Greybeards are a well known present day fact there. What we know about Jesus is just what we have written somewhere two thousand years ago. Faith is one thing, being able to see it with your own eyes another :p (again, don't mean any disrespect to religion here, just pointing out the difference in the way I see it)

And yeah, I fight Mammoths and Giants once in a blue moon. Powerful Draugr pretty much the same. Human, any human, has a grand soul and any Bandit wandering around is a hell of an easier target than any of those, not to mention a lot more common. Helps level Enchanting too, just keep topping off my enchanted weapons every time I slit someone's throat :p

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
the divines are fine (i think i'm in love with mara) but really the daedric are just too good at what they are doing
they are godlike beings but have all the honest characteristics of humans and that is that not all of them are inherently evil

take the divines and daedric princes together and you have all the greek gods and that's probably why i like them so much

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Hermaeus Mora. Sure,he may look like the bastard child of Cthulhu and a lobster,but he's the Daedric Prince of Forbidden Knowledge. I see very few possible negatives to following him.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
Nocturnal, for how epic she is for theives, and Sheogorath, coz, well...

CHEESE FOR EVERYONE

Mar 9, 2010
The Daedric Princes and Princess' are fucking badass, of course they're my faith of choice. Hircine has to be my favourite one, whether it's in my name and nature to want to hunt or I just think Hircine is awesome, I don't know, but Hircine is just tops.

Now I can become a Werewolf twice a day thanks to Hircine too, fucking sweet.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I just take whatever I can get... I also have no damn clue what any of the different deities offer me as far as perks go.

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
Talos worship and Sovngarde, Boethia worship being a close second. Loves me some Goldbrand.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Pinstar said:
I approach the elder scrolls as an 'open agnostic'. I'll do any religious questline if the rewards are right, and I won't shy away from the buffs and disease cleansing, but I have no solid opinion on which one is right or best.

Races, on the other hand, I RP a bit of discrimination. Argornians, don't trust them further than you can throw them.
Then we sir are on two different levels.

OT:Daedra, all the way, if only for Sheogorath. He's insane and loves every minute of it. It's hard to not get caught up in the fun.

EDIT: Also Hircine, because werewolves. Being a Werewolf is too awesome not to love.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Acrisius said:
In that world, Talos lived thousands of years ago. Whatever is written about him is written either then, or since. The fact that the Thalmer banned Talos-worship because they dispute the fact that he's a divine also proves a point, namely that things are not as "obvious" in the game as you make them out to be :p

There are many people in the games that don't believe in the divines because they haven't seen proof of them. Many worship the Deidra instead for this reason. Just because the player always gets to play as the chosen champion of the gods doesn't mean that everyone "believes" in their existence like you/your character does. That would be like saying "It's OBVIOUS that God exists" if you're the Pope. You're not exactly representative...

Let me quote NPC's after seeing the Dragonbron absorb a soul: "I never would have believed it if I hadn't just seen it" (or something like that). Most "people" thought dragons and the dragonborn are just a myth/legend. Until they were proved wrong. See the connection?

I can't believe we're discussing fictional religion...no wonder I don't have a girlfriend. /tactical facepalm

As for the Souls-thing...it's an RP choice. Part of RP-ing means not always taking the most practical course. I/my character, don't like the practice of absorbing somebody's soul and consuming it for the sake of powering an enchantment :p
Yeah, I get your point, I was talking from the player's PoV though, he knows it's true for a fact and so do we :p

And I both agree and emphatise with your pre-facepalm comment. In words of Monty Python, RIGHT - STOP THAT, it's silly!

Oh and I RP too, it's just that my character has no qualms whatsoever about absorbing people's souls. In fact, I intentionally go out of my way to utilize the captured souls of specific NPCs for new enchants. For example, the soul of the Emperor himself powers my latest (and likely the final) Soulripper ;)