Elder Scrolls Turns V at Spike VGAs

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
About damn time... though to be fair it they've been working on it for a while. They just didn't tell anyone about it.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Disclaimer: The following are my opinions.

Oblivion was one of the most overrated games of all time and it sucked in every regard a game can suck (seriously, name one major component of a game and I'll tell you why Oblivion sucks or is mediocre at it). This was in no small part due to vestly outdated and archaic gameplay mechanics that haven't changed since the first two games in the series. If there was ever a franchise in dire need of inovaton, Elder Scrolls is it.

Also, I hate snow in games. This game seems to promise a lot of it. Not a point in its favor.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Luckily, these creatures fear the Dragonborn, which the player is likely is one of.
Posted it already in different thread, but what the heck.

Talos is the most important hero-god of Mankind. By life known as [[Tiber Septim], he conquered all of Tamriel when he was still mortal and ushered in the Third Era. At his dead he ascended to godhood as the God of War and Governance of the Nine Divines. Less prominent sects, such as the Talos Cult have been inspired by his apotheosis.

Known as Heir to the Seat of Sundered Kings, Ysmir, the Dragon of the North and Dragonborn, he is also invoked as patron of questing heroes. He is referred to as the One in the phrase "The Eight and the One", as there were originally only eight Divines before Tiber Septim Ascended to godhood.

source, http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Holy molly! Wow... 2011 will be a pretty busy year.
The Witcher 2, Brink, Guild Wars 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2 and now the mother of all life sucker RPG's is back... OMG...

For me, anything with a dragon in it is just full of win.

Whatever little social life I had will vanish in 2011...

scorch 13

Mar 24, 2009
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.And on a side note i thought TES4 was beautiful and really fun.

r0rschach

Nov 30, 2010
I literally had a tear in my eye watching that. Thank you Bethesda, I will love you forever.

Also on a side note, if you check out the Elder Scrolls website, close the video and there's a movable image of the stone background featured in the video.

That's pretty cool, just though I'd point it out as no one else has.

Edit: You close it by clicking outside the video, you'll know you have the right area because there's a light around where your mouse pointer hovers.

StrangerQ

Oct 14, 2009
I hope that theme will be ingame...
i still remember the chills when i first started playing Oblivion (which was my first TES and inb4 "morrowind was better lololol" I happened to like it) and hearing the theme.... oh hell if that theme on vid is only a menu song....
*EPIC CHILLS*

StraightToHeck

Booby booby bum bum.
Oct 13, 2010
HOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLY BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPIIIIIIIIIIIIIING BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy right now!

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Yeeeeeeessss! Finally!

Edit: I wouldn't mind if the world actually ended in 2012 now.

darthricardo

May 7, 2010
s69-5 said:
WrongSprite said:
Simalacrum said:
Looks really cool!

Although... the whole dragon theme kiiinda reminds me of a certain other game by a certain other major developer...

Not naming names of nothin'... just sayin'.
Apart from, you know, how the whole dragon thing has been a massive part of Elder Scrolls lore until anyone even thought of Dragon Age.
Or the fact that dragons have been a part of video games and RPGs in particular since gaming was in its infancy.

I guess Bioware fans believe that Dungeons 'n Dragons, Dragon's Lair, Dragon Quest, Breath of Fire et all, came out after DA:O. ^.^
Actually, I kind of feel the need to expand on this a bit. Dragons have really been part of all fantasy and myth since the middle ages. The most prevalent icon of what fantasy is.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Mass Effect 3 announced and Elder Scrolls V announced?

Yeah, this is easily the happiest day of my life. And it will remain the happiest day of my life until both of these games get released in a year's time. =D

jamradar

Sep 13, 2010
I jumped out of my chair and screamed in excitement when this was announced at the VGA.

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
The trailer reveals that Elder Scrolls V will be out on November 11, 2011. With less than 11 months to release, expect Bethesda to provide more details [em]announce several release date delays[/em] soon.
I [em]patched[/em] that statement. :) I make it =true.

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
cocoro67 said:
I can only describe it now.........
FUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Couldn't agree more with this guy!!!