Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC files found in latest patch

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Politeia said:
Exactly! Which is why we can't reasonably expect that these poor rice farmers suddenly knew anything about growing crops in a temperate zone. Which would lead toooo....economic collapse and famine!
Except just because they don't forget what happened in the original timeline doesn't negate that they also know everything that happened in the new timeline, i.e the timeline where Cyrodiil was always a generic midevil landscape, and thus they would know exactly how to grow things there because they have always lived in it.
Politeia said:
It goes beyond simply geography though, Cyrodiil was white-washed. There was little in the way of oppression, class issues, centuries old injustices, court intrigue...there wasn't any conflict! Nothing happened! Except for the black-and-white drab, boring affair that was the main quest there was no conflict, nothing that makes a setting interesting. Compare that to Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Skyrim.
Cyrodiil was the center of the Empire, were racial tolerance was at its highest, it was supposed to be cosmopolitan, and things like oppression, racial/class issues, old injustices, would have long been wiped out considering the Empire's nearly 4,000+ year old reign on the area.

Also, when Cyrodiil was first told to us in Elder Scrolls: Arena, IT HAD NO OTHER CITIES besides The Imperial city, in fact The Imperial's wern't even a playable race.

The entire province on Cyrodiil was a single massive jungle, the Imperial City, and that was it, and it worked back then, becuase there was nothing there. However, as Daggerfall, Morrowind, Redguard, Battlespire, and all the other games came out, and added more lore to Cyrodiil, it became a place with many large cities, such as Anvil, and Kvatch. It evolved from ONE city, to this vast cosmopolitan center of The Empire, with many large cities.

However that causes problem, a dense tropical jungle doesn't work with that setting. A large tropical jungle as the center of a vast cosmopolitan Empire with all these Mid-Evil/Roman, as the Imperials were also very Roman based and thus could have had Roman style buildings, cities was thematically wrong, and made no sense.

They had to change it to make some sense, it was a retocn born out of the constantly evolving lore of the Elder Scrolls. Back when they made Arena they had no idea the series would get this far, and that they would have to change it.

The other lands environments do fit thematically because they haven't changed anywhere near as much since they were first introduced.
Politeia said:
From our conversation here I'm having extreme difficulty believing you think Bethesda is capable of doing wrong, insofar as TES is concerned. Fanboys gonna fanboy.
No, I just don't give a shit about trivilistic changes.
SajuukKhar said:
Or you know..... its a fantasy game and thus not subject to real world environmental conditions.
-I would be actually kinda pissed if Valenwood didn't have a ton of large tall trees that we are told do walk, and have Imp people. Would I care if it isn't some ULTRA ULTRA dense forest that you need a hatchet to walk 5 feet? no

-What are Dothraki?

-Considering Elswyer is like the Colorado Rockies..... that would be acceptable. as long as they throw a hint of forest/jungle at the bottom half. It wouldn't have to be ultra dense or anything.

-Turning the Kahjiiit into super evil wouldn't make much sense, although they did join the thalmor, so some evil would be acceptable.

-As for Black Marsh its a swamp, something like Hjallmarch is what I always expected Black Marsh to look like even before Skyrim came out.

-Considering the Argonians forms are dictated by The Hist, it would be possible to justify the hist turning the Argonians into toad people, though it wouldn't be that cool.
Politeia said:
Or, ya know, all genre fiction to succeed as fantasy is subject to willing suspension of disbelief, secondary belief (as outlined by Tolkien), and verisimilitude. That means if you can poke holes in the setting, characteristics, or internal logic of the work of genre fiction then the whole thing falls apart. This means that, sans an appropriate in-world explanation, you're forced to fall back on a natural one. If the natural one conflicts with what the story is telling us, for instance why giants are able to walk without their ankles snapping, then the immersion is broken, the willing suspension of disbelief is gone, and you're back in the real world.
You have probably one of the warped views on suspension of disbelief if you are really going to claim giants not breaking their ankles makes no sense.

And no, when you lack a in-game explanation as to why things are, you don't fall back on natural ones because a game's nature is not the same as our own.

Your line of thinking is flawed at its core if you really believe that using real world nature examples on a fictional setting of magic is acceptable.

Your entire line of though can be summed up as "If it can be explained in real world terms that HAS to be the explanation or else world doesn't make sense"

Most people would just go "ohh they are giants in a magical world that is why their hearts are able to pump enough blood through their body when in real life they wouldn't be".

I can safely say I have never met anyone with such a tight-ass view on when their disbelief is broken.
Politeia said:
You could say something similar about the jungles of Cyrodiil.
Not really considering a swamp int as dense as the jungles of Cyrod.
Politeia said:
Actually it's a clear-cut example of what a poor design decision level scaling is. The guards of Whiterun would be able to defeat Alduin, or any dragon, that creates a disconnect between what the story is telling us and the gameplay. Judging by the gameplay, a dragonborn isn't needed at all. That's poor design.
Actually, Alduin has invulnerability to anyone but the Dragonborn, so no, the Whiterun guards couldn't kill him.

On top of that, nothing in lore states that the only a Dragonborn can kill dragons, only that a Dragonborn is the only thing that can steal a Dragon's soul and keep them dead.

Alessia was the first Dragonborn, and she was born AFTER the Dragon war.
Politeia said:
I would be in here? Complaining about Bethesda removing a feature of the game that makes leveling easier? Because it would be "dumbing" the game down? Much like "hand-holding" I don't think you know what this phrase means.
Removing features of a game that force people down one specific path would be considered dumbing down.

There should always be alternates, and there should always be alternates for people who want to make the game easier or harder.
Politeia said:
Then you tweak the availability of money. The point is the claim that there is nothing Bethesda can do about it is obvious bullshit. If this is the only objection you can raise, then modders could solve the problem by simply removing the choice to ask for training from the dialogue wheel.
Again
-If you have enough money to be able to buy a raise in training
-Then people will always be able to exploi the system and get around skill requirements
The only way to stop it is to make it cost so much you couldn't pay for it, which makes skill training a literally unusable feature.
Also, how would you justify trainers not training you more when you have the money?

For someone who is so hardass in needing every little thing explained to you top have the world be believable, your solution you made to the problem is unbelievable.

Politeia said:
So then you'll forgive me if I don't accept your claim based on your word alone.
Ok.
Politeia said:
In other words, you feel you should be able to attain the title of Archmage for the same reason you can attain the title of Harbinger? This is what we call a violation of the willing suspension of disbelief. Why do the mages of the College care that you can swing a sword better than them?
Again, the entire purpose of the college of Winterhold is to horde knowledge to gain more power.

-You got through Labrythian, a place with several magical barricades on it
-You defeated a dragon priest, a highly magical being
-You got the staff of Magnus, one of the greatest magical artifact, and one that can negate other magic
-Then you beat Ancanno, a skilled mage whose powers had been boosted by the eye, the eye itself being a super magical thing

You beat things more magically badass then everyone there, they fear you.

One of the gretest things a mage can know, is how to negate others magic.

Politeia said:
The dovahkiin has no knowledge to impart; he has no understanding of how the Thu'um works, how to teach it, how to share that knowledge, or what that knowledge even is. There is nothing scholarly about his use of the Thu'um and no way for the mages guild to horde it. It is extremely dubious that the Thu'um would be so interesting that they would essentially bribe him with the position of Archmage, potentially dooming their College because of inept leadership, just to keep the dovahkiin around. Made even more dubious by how often he needs to return to seek knowledge at the Arcaneum.
Just because he doesn't understand how the Thu'um works now doesn't mean he wont later, and indeed, it doesn't mean the mages there couldn't study his Thu'um via magic to learn about it.
Politeia said:
J'zargo also tells you the College is dedicated to study, they aren't knowledge hoarders. Your first two quests with the College take place as a perspective student, then summarily abandoned.
Merible Irvne tells you the college is a place for people to study and learn with the condition that they share what they learn with other members of the college first." Shes more trustworthy then J'zargo.
Politeia said:
That's ironic; in any case you certainly are claiming they're invincible. You're claiming that the Dark Brotherhood has the power to kill anyone, a ridiculous ability for any organization to have, and that knowledge of this is preventing the Empire from acting against them.
considering the only people the DB has ever failed to kill are
1. The Nervarine
2. The Dovahkiin

They aren't 100% unstoppable, just 99% so, they can kill anyone who isn't a reality bending super god.

And I never said they would always succeed on the first try, or the second, or the third, just that they do eventually, they fail individually every now and then, but as an organization they will prevail.

Also, they are protected by Sithis, the maker of the universe itself, they quite literally have GOD HIMSELF at their backs.

Politeia said:
Even if I accepted that; it still leaves Aela as the most prominent member leading up to the end of the main questline.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Kodlak%27s_Journal
"Aela is too solitary, Vilkas too fiery, and Farkas too kind-hearted. Only <Alias=Player> stands as a true warrior who can keep a still mind amidst these burning hearts."

The reason why you are chosen as Harbinger is because you are the most neutral, and balanced of the three.
Politeia said:
You're right, they're just professional soldiers who hire out their services as professional soldiers to others for money. The polar opposite of what mercenaries are known to do. I'm sure you're going to explain the difference to me anytime now.
The companions are a Guild, much like the mages guild, or the fighters guild, allowed to exist under Imperial law.

The Mage's guild get hired to do things for people, but that doesn't make them mercs.

Mercs have no real legally accepted organization that they belong to, and no real defined rules to follow either.

Mercs are people you hire in Taverns, who will do anything you say as long as the pay is high enough, People like the companions have rules, and are officially recognized as being allowed to solve "problems"
Politeia said:
And slaughtering locals isn't bad for business because...
Because they aren't your target, they aren't your clients, they aren't people in power, and they are most likely wanted for crimes.

The Empire allowed the Thieves Guild to exist because they were crime regulators, they killed other thieves, and Merc bands, while at the same time they didn't kill normal people.

Killing Mercs would be good for their image, though it would be better if they got through undetected, because Mercs aren't good people, and are normally wanted for some crimes.
Politeia said:
No, I just found it funny that you were actually telling me the noisy way is less viable because it's not stealthy.
Not what I said in the slightest, try hrder.

I said it was the less viable way because fighting tons of Flamer takes more time and effort then sneaking past them
Politeia said:
Discussing the reason why the religious worship in the first place is not semantics.
When it doesn't do anything for your argument, and you are just spotuing it to distract from the argument, it kinda is.
Politeia said:
What she stated was that they left the shrine, not that there were none who still worshiped her.
If they still worshiped Azura leaving the shrine wouldn't do much of anything as Azura could still send them visions.
Politeia said:
Yet approximately...1 dunmer follower? Only the priestess who meets you at her shrine is guaranteed to be a dunmer. The rest of her supplicants at the shrine, I believe, are determined radiantly.
Dunmeri beliefs have spread to other peoples of other races, and since Boethia is one of the few Daedra that worshiping is less taboo then the others, since she is considered one of the good Daedra, she makes a a prime target for people wanting to worship the Daedra.
Politeia said:
She doesn't state that they stopped worshiping her.
If they still worshiped Azura leaving the shrine wouldn't do much of anything as Azura could still send them visions.
Politeia said:
So you claim, there is little information on the temple available in game.

None of it really matters anyway. It's canon that the Nordic Pantheon includes daedra.
The only Daedra the Nordic pantheon includes is Herma-Mora and Mauloch, and they are reviled as demons, not something to be worshiped.

Politeia said:
Have you read...anything about the Forsworn? Initially they were not isolationist, they did not expel the Nords when they took Markarth. Everything you've stated about the Forsworn has been, thus far, complete bullshit.
The Forsworn have TIRED to expel the Nords when they took Markarth, but failed miserably.

Politeia said:
Sorry, I guess I just prefer my fiction isn't filled with characters who are cardboard, 2D cut-outs.
They are not cardboard, they are people, who saw the damage caused by the Daedra, and joined an order dedicated to stop them.

That is an entirely normal,and realistic, reason as to why people join groups in the real world.

I don't know what world you think this is, but in reality, not everything people do has some deep and complicated reason behind it, most people do most tings, just because they want to, ad t expect most people in a game to have some ultra complex reason as to why they do what they do, is to expect something that would make them entirely unrealistic.
Politeia said:
Nope, I didn't. In fact, you're still doing that. So now you're going to claim it's easy for Meridia to manifest herself in Mundus than it would be to summon aurorans inside her own temple? I would love to read the lore on that. Keep burying yourself, it's really entertaining.
Meridia didn't manifest herself on Mundus, she manifested her voice, which is the most easy thing to do.

Its sad how little you understand about what Meredia did.

Politeia said:
Except you didn't, Martin Septim did.
All Martin Spetim did was smash an amulet to summon Akatosh.

YOU could have done that, literally you could have.

Politeia said:
Except save the world.
Except you did save the world, the world would have been bumfucked without you, everything Martin did could have been done by you also.

Politeia said:
Then Bethesda will change that so you could become the 10th Divine, and you'll be singing it's praises.
You can't add more divines, Talos was only able to become a divine ebcuase he filled the missing 9th spot of Lorkhan.

And if they did make you a divine, I would call BS.

Politeia said:
Except that, you know, it doesn't really work for characters without incredibly high sneaking.
Except that, it totally does, because NPC animals, and NPC bandits, all have a "DONT COME ANY CLOSER" yell they do when you get to close, you don't have to sneak at all, you just have to listen, back up when yu hear the roar/yell, and then walk around.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
SajuukKhar said:
In Dragon Age's lore, there is no mystery, no discovery, everything is handed to you on a platter, and you are told to accept it.
This is not true.

Every single codex entry is written by a person, with limited knowledge and bias, some are more obvious than others but it is present in just about all of them. As for your note about lore not being hidden, it is, this is just less common and less, uh lets use the word "effective", due to TES open world sandbox nature. This is obviously going to have a different effect when made to stand against Dragon Age's more branching, but ultimately linear style. That has nothing to do with the lore itself, and doesn't constitute a fault with either side. They are two equally valid methods.

Certainly DA isn't making basics of the setting convoluted, hard to find and needlessly contradictory, but these are not good things in and of themselves, you seem to think otherwise. Even still there is doubt, confusion and mystery in DA, take for example Witches of the Wilds or the Primeval Thaig.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Knight Templar said:
This is not true.

Every single codex entry is written by a person, with limited knowledge and bias, some are more obvious than others but it is present in just about all of them. As for your note about lore not being hidden, it is, this is just less common and less, uh lets use the word "effective", due to TES open world sandbox nature. This is obviously going to have a different effect when made to stand against Dragon Age's more branching, but ultimately linear style. That has nothing to do with the lore itself, and doesn't constitute a fault with either side. They are two equally valid methods.

Certainly DA isn't making basics of the setting convoluted, hard to find and needlessly contradictory, but these are not good things in and of themselves, you seem to think otherwise. Even still there is doubt, confusion and mystery in DA, take for example Witches of the Wilds or the Primeval Thaig.
The difference is that Dragon age tells its lore in an authoritative way, as I made mention before, exactly like the god-child at the end of Mass Effect 3.

You are TOLD what the lore is, and are given no way to question it, you are not allowed to think anything beyond what they hand you in-game because of that.

Dragon Age's lore has the same problem that people complained that ME3's ending had, your not allowed to question it.

"Sandal: One day the magic will come back. All of it. Everyone will be just like they were. The shadows will part, and the skies will open wide. "

The Thiag is from a before time when the Dwarves had magic, presumably lost because of spending so much time near lyrium.

Flemeth is also most likely from this before time also.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
SajuukKhar said:
The difference is that Dragon age tells its lore in an authoritative way, as I made mention before, exactly like the god-child at the end of Mass Effect 3.
But that isn't true and you've failed to present an argument that supports what you say.

You are TOLD what the lore is, and are given no way to question it,
What is this supposed to mean?
Are you trying to say you can't have your character disagree with things that are said concerning the lore?
Because that isn't true, there are many times when you can say that you don't believe something that you have been told, and even when such an opportunity doesn't present itself other characters almost always express themselves when they disagree about something.
But it's really unclear just what exactly you are asking for here, since by and large you don't get to disagree with what you are told in say, Skyrim. But I don't get to disagree in dawnguard when I'm told that Akatosh and the other names he goes by are all the same entity. Is that what you mean?

you are not allowed to think anything beyond what they hand you in-game because of that.
That is completely untrue. If that was even close to accurate I wouldn't see half as much disagreement about questions such as "what is andraste", just as an example.
What they show you in game is opinions, often multiple opinions on something or not even a single clear opinion on what something is.

Dragon Age's lore has the same problem that people complained that ME3's ending had, your not allowed to question it.
But you are, we are doing that right now.

"Sandal: One day the magic will come back. All of it. Everyone will be just like they were. The shadows will part, and the skies will open wide. "

The Thiag is most likely from a before time when the Dwarves had magic, presumably lost because of spending so much time near lyrium.
Yet the dwarves keep very meticulous history of themselves, no slight hint of them possessing magic exists. There are Golems present in the Thaig, a creation which came about after the appearance of the darkspawn and when we are rather certain dwarves were without magic. Why would spending time near raw magic make one less connected to it?

Everything that is exposed to lyrium tends to develop magic in some way, yet you suggest that it does the exact opposite? Dwarves who live on the surface lose their resistance to magic even if they continue to work with the stuff, but they never gain the ability to use magic no matter how many generations they are topside, at least so far as we see.

Additionally how do you know Sandal is even referring to dwarves? Maybe he is talking about elves? Who is "he" that will rise anyway?

Flemeth is most likely from this before time also.
How do you even know that?

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Knight Templar said:
This is not true.

You are TOLD what the lore is, and are given no way to question it, you are not allowed to think anything beyond what they hand you in-game because of that.
Yes you are. Have you seen all the debates about Flemeth, the Blight, King Calain's true intentions, the Lyrium Idol etc. on this forum and the Bioware forums?

Yes you are. It's encouraged, you can have your Warden say he doesn't believe in any gods. since every culture except the Dwarves has gods thats pretty fucking big because your character is questioning the entire basis of the series.

When is this presented as a fact? It's prophecy by a mentally retarded kid. Are you just treating everything any character says in game as a fact now?

The Thiag is from a before time when the Dwarves had magic, presumably lost because of spending so much time near lyrium.

Flemeth is also most likely from this before time also.
All speculation. Well done. You've completely disproven your point by speculating and crafting theories around Dragon Age's lore which you said that people couldn't do!

The funny thing is that by you coming into these forums and spouting your TES lore gospel, shouting at people who make up their own theories that contradict the stupid hidden lore of the series, you are making TES far less debatable and ambiguous than Dragon Age.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
endtherapture said:
Yes you are. Have you seen all the debates about Flemeth, the Blight, King Calain's true intentions, the Lyrium Idol etc. on this forum and the Bioware forums?
Yes I have, I also saw all the debates on The Reapers motivations, even though the most obvious answer, the one of "they are doing it to save the universe" was presented, and detailed, on the Bioware forums back when Me1 came out.

Not to mention there are still people who debate the ending of Blade Runner, despite the film director saying wheat it meant.

People will always turn simple things into mysteries, and will debate the obvious outcome of something into infinity, and then blame the game developer for not using their "better" idea, despite no evidence actually supporting it.
endtherapture said:
Yes you are. It's encouraged, you can have your Warden say he doesn't believe in any gods. since every culture except the Dwarves has gods thats pretty fucking big because your character is questioning the entire basis of the series.
The game throws enough "the church is dumb and wrong", hints at you the entire game. This is bioware we are talking about, everything they make is predictable.

endtherapture said:
When is this presented as a fact? It's prophecy by a mentally retarded kid. Are you just treating everything any character says in game as a fact now?
Again, bioware, predictable, they don't put things like that in their games unless they are deliberately hinting at their future plans.

Just like Morrigan saying "flemith isn't a blood mage, an abomination, or even really human" means she WILL turn out to be non-human, non blood mage, and not an abomination.

and that mage guy in Wadren'ss keep says he sees the black city in his sleep, and he think answers to what the taint are there, means answered to the taint are there.

Bioware can't make a story without giving away the ending because they are too afraid of surprising their customers, and they are too afraid of their own story.
endtherapture said:
All speculation. Well done. You've completely disproven your point by speculating and crafting theories around Dragon Age's lore which you said that people couldn't do!

The funny thing is that by you coming into these forums and spouting your TES lore gospel, shouting at people who make up their own theories that contradict the stupid hidden lore of the series, you are making TES far less debatable and ambiguous than Dragon Age.
Not really speculation, again, this is bioware, they aren't master story tellers, or even good ones.

They throw blatant and obvious signs to their plans at every chance they get because they fear their stories might confuse people.

Also, I never claimed Elder Scrolls lore was ambiguous or debatable, its hidden, but once you find the hidden stuff, its very clear-cut.

TheCinnamonBun

Oct 12, 2012
I don't know if anyone has brought this up in this Thread but I think people are having a misunderstanding with the "Dragonmounted" prefix, It doesn't mean that you will be able to ride dragons its referring to the implementation of casting and staves during horse mounted combat, the dragon prefix is most likely just in reference to the DLC's name, even if they did have Dragon mounts it'd be stupid because you'd get across the map in about 30 seconds flat.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
TheCinnamonBun said:
I don't know if anyone has brought this up in this Thread but I think people are having a misunderstanding with the "Dragonmounted" prefix, It doesn't mean that you will be able to ride dragons its referring to the implementation of casting and staves during horse mounted combat, the dragon prefix is most likely just in reference to the DLC's name, even if they did have Dragon mounts it'd be stupid because you'd get across the map in about 30 seconds flat.
Actually they have found seperate files relating to warhorsemode casting.

Warhorsemode is the mode you enter when in combat on a horse.

Dragon mounting, and horse combat, have two entirely different file path names.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Politeia said:
I'm done arguing, I'm going to bow out and let my already stated views stand on their own merits. I do not think they require any further evidence to support them.

On topic: I just had a thought; since we're returning to Solstheim will we be fighting those self-resurrecting Spriggans from Bloodmoon?
I think Bethesda retconed Spriggans and are just going to use the Skyrim ones.

the whole "get a free heal back to full health" thing spriggans do in Skyrim seems like the new game version of spriggian resurrection.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
SajuukKhar said:
Jynthor said:
Where would one apply to the College of Elder Scrolls Lore?
I know quite a bit but only on the surface level(As in how everything appears to be)

Basically, where would one start to really learn TES lore?
The single most important lore document, which is basically a summery of most of the metaphysics of the series, is Vehk's Teaching, specifically the "Tower" section, and the "More on the Psijic Endeavor" section.
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/vehks-teaching

snip
I've been reading Vehk's Teaching. Are the Tower and CHIM the same thing?

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Jynthor said:
The Tower is the shape of the universe when seen from the side, CHIM is what you achieve when you find it, and understand it.

CHIM is also the fifth of the six walking ways to reach heaven through violence.
Politeia said:
True, I was going to suggest it'd make for an interesting "boss" type Spriggan but as I recall we got the Spriggan Earth Mothers in Dawnguard. Earth Mothers, I believe, start appearing at level 30 so that would leave room for a new tier above. I'm not going to hold my breath though I don't think anything related to Spriggans has been found. Besides, a self-resurrecting enemy capable of fully healing itself and enthralling wildlife...would be the perfect guardian for a really badass piece of loot. Fucking do it, Bethesda!
I personally hope for higher level Dragur, considering they, Dragons, and Falmer, are the three most common enemy types, and Falmer and Dragons got higher level versions in Dawnguard. I would be surprised if Dragur, who exist on the island, don't get higher level versions especially considering they were shown in the gamejam video.

Though, new Spriggans would be nice also.

AlotFirst

Mar 29, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Jynthor said:
The Tower is the shape of the universe when seen from the side, CHIM is what you achieve when you find it, and understand it.

CHIM is also the fifth of the six walking ways to reach heaven through violence.
Politeia said:
True, I was going to suggest it'd make for an interesting "boss" type Spriggan but as I recall we got the Spriggan Earth Mothers in Dawnguard. Earth Mothers, I believe, start appearing at level 30 so that would leave room for a new tier above. I'm not going to hold my breath though I don't think anything related to Spriggans has been found. Besides, a self-resurrecting enemy capable of fully healing itself and enthralling wildlife...would be the perfect guardian for a really badass piece of loot. Fucking do it, Bethesda!
I personally hope for higher level Dragur, considering they, Dragons, and Falmer, are the three most common enemy types
Wouldn't angry naked Nords be the most common enemy type? Or did they go extinct?

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
....I keep coming back to see what has happened here. This thread.... it makes my head hurt, but I cannot look away.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
AlotFirst said:
Wouldn't angry naked Nords be the most common enemy type? Or did they go extinct?
Getting cursed and dumped by witches fell out of style decades ago when the High King of Skyrim at the time lost a part of Wuuthrad after an "encounter" with one of the Witches.

The Companions gave him such an earful that attempts by witches to paralyze people, and take their stuff, was officially declared the second worst crime in Skyrim, the first of course being allowing Lurbuk to sing.

In a meeting with the High King over the implications of the new laws, the witches agreed that simply attempting to kill people was a better option, to which the High King agreed, and noted it would probably be best for them, the Nords that is, to just attack witches on sight instead of trying to hit on them.

Thus began the great witch slaughter of 4E 180...... which was later very quickly forgotten when the High King lost Ysgramor's Soup Spoon, yes we all know its really a fork, to a nobody from Windhelm in a dice game.

spacecowboy86

Jan 7, 2010
SajuukKhar said:
hazabaza1 said:
"Let's name the DLC after the premise for the entire game!
Hurr de durr durr!"

But seriously, this sounds kinda cool. I look forward for the inevitable Steam sale once all the DLCs are released.
Well before the game realsed Todd Howard said, on several occasions, that you are the only KNOWN Dragonborn, and indeed the Greybeards say there MIGHT be others, but you are the only one that has been revealed.

It is POSSIBLE, though I find it unlikely, that we might meet another in the DLC, hence the name.
Oh my god... O.O
I just had an image of the DLC adding a whole new questline that ends with you and another dragonborn shooting arrows, throwing spells and shouting at each as you fly dragons over the Throat of the World.

That would be so worth 10-20$

Spiritofpower

Aug 29, 2011
Politeia said:
High-level draugr are a pretty safebet, I'd think. Bethesda seems to be adding more content from the 2011 Gamejam with each new DLC.
Hopefully the next Hearthfire-sized one will have giant Mudcrabs. That would be so insanely awesome. And a new skeleton follower who can also be a steward for your Heartfire house, if you have it. And, heck, add in Werebears while they're at it.