Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
It's okay, I was dubious too so I dug around a bit and found this;
So to sum up: bullshit.
uhh... no. That's not how domains work.

Oh, you're referring to the host, not the domain, nevermind.

THIS is an actual example of trying to discredit something you don't like because "oh no, he hosted his site on Angelfire, that must mean it's not reliable!"

c'mon, that's not how this works.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You guys want a "reliable source", from a .com instead of a .mp and not hosted on mailchimp?

Fine, here you go:

Also he appeared on TV (or a web stream at least) saying such, this morning (timestamped video)

There. I look forward to hearing your next attempt at discrediting this

Last edited:

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Plus, it has a picture of those fuckwits who were actually trying to commit election fraud here by casting fake electoral college votes from here;
Go figure...

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Oh, you're referring to the host, not the domain, nevermind.

THIS is an actual example of trying to discredit something you don't like because "oh no, he hosted his site on Angelfire, that must mean it's not reliable!"

c'mon, that's not how this works.
No, but when you say that it's not phising, and then when the very first thing you see going to that link is it asking for you and your family/friend's emails, it raises some questions, y'know?
From the first link;
“I want voters to be 100% confident, to be as confident as I am in this process,” said Scott Jarrett, the county’s elections director. He noted that the county’s vote-counting machines aced every test in all three elections in 2020 — the presidential primary in March, the primary in August and the general in November.
For instance, Jarrett countered claims that Republican election observers were shut out of the process by noting that there were more election observers from both the Democratic and Republican parties watching every part of the election — from early voting through the counting of all the ballots — than ever before. The observers went with elections officials to pick up early ballots from drop boxes and verified that tamper-evident seals were intact at dozens of drop-boxes across the county, they sat in on the verification of signatures on early ballots and they watched early ballots be counted.
The voting machines aren’t connected to the internet, and are designed so they must have two identical memory cards — both programmed at the exact same time — in order to operate. (The physical devices also have tamper-evident seals over the memory card slots to ensure they aren’t removed or altered.) If one of the memory cards is removed or changed, the machine won’t scan any ballots, Jarrett explained.

And the machines are under 24/7 video surveillance that is streamed online. Plus, each machine needs a physical security fob, an administrative password and a unique PIN for someone to access it.

“There’s no possible way for the program to be changed during the course of the election,” he told the senators.

And if any machines were tampered with and it somehow wasn’t discovered before the election, the malfeasance would have been discovered in the post-election hand-count audit and accuracy testing, Jarrett said. All of those audits and accuracy tests came back perfect in all three elections this year.
There. I look forward to your nonsense about how what these,
1608054413705.png
shit heels did wasn't fraud and against the law (these are the "electors" mentioned previously).

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
No, but when you say that it's not phising, and then when the very first thing you see going to that link is it asking for you and your family/friend's emails, it raises some questions, y'know?
No, it really doesn't, lots of sites, especially sites by politicians who need fundraising for their eventual or active campaigns, have links to sign-up sheets.
An email list is like the most innocuous thing there is, plus, here's the kicker, you don't have to give it. You're being boomer levels of paranoid and illiterate about technology, or this is just a disingenuous attempt at discrediting something you don't like.

From the first link;
Yes, I watched the hearing, I heard him say all those things live. This doesn't discredit anything, and it definitely doesn't discredit that the subpoena is actually happening, which is what you were trying to do, remember? They heard him out yesterday and, since he didn't convince them, they decided to do the subpoena.

I look forward to your nonsense about how what these,
shit heels did wasn't fraud and against the law (these are the "electors" mentioned previously).
Where's the evidence? Where's the court cases?
See, now I'm doing it to you. If you think something illegal happened, where's the proof? They did it in broad daylight, on government property, while being filmed. Why aren't they in cuffs?

So which is it, do you trust the legal system to prosecute things you consider to be crimes, or are you finding them lacking right about now?
Oh how the tables have turned.

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Nelson, who runs the legally non-partisan charity (ALEC) and is a member of CNP, told the group, “obviously we all want President Trump to win and win the national vote. But it’s very clear from all the comments and all the suggestions up front that really what it comes down to is the states and the state legislators.” She added that they’ve been working with former Federal Election Commission (FEC) Member and Heritage Foundation attorney Hans Von Spakovsky, former FEC member Brad Smith, and GOP attorney Cleta Mitchell “trying to identify what are those action items that legislators can take in their states.”

“They can write a letter to the secretary of state questioning the validity of an election and saying what did happen that night,” Nelson said. “So we are drafting a lot of those things. If you have ideas in that area, let us know and we’ll get those to the state legislators and they can start to kind of exercise their political muscle in that area.”

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
No, it really doesn't, lots of sites, especially sites by politicians who need fundraising for their eventual or active campaigns, have links to sign-up sheets.
An email list is like the most innocuous thing there is, plus, here's the kicker, you don't have to give it. You're being boomer levels of paranoid and illiterate about technology, or this is just a disingenuous attempt at discrediting something you don't like.

Yes, I watched the hearing, I heard him say all those things live. This doesn't discredit anything, and it definitely doesn't discredit that the subpoena is actually happening, which is what you were trying to do, remember? They heard him out yesterday and, since he didn't convince them, they decided to do the subpoena.

Where's the evidence? Where's the court cases?
See, now I'm doing it to you. If you think something illegal happened, where's the proof? They did it in broad daylight, on government property, while being filmed. Why aren't they in cuffs?

So which is it, do you trust the legal system to prosecute things you consider to be crimes, or are you finding them lacking right about now?
Oh how the tables have turned.
*muffled sounds of someone falling out of their chair laughing*
In no particular order; I'm obviously not trying to discredit that this is happening, that would be dumb. I'm saying it's another dumb lawsuit to add to the pile of lawsuits that are wasting (my) taxpayer money, that can be summed up as

It's illegal because a) they were not our selected electors, and b) AZ Revised Statute 16-212, which in a nutshell says that our electors must vote for the candidate who won majority of the votes on the canvass as signed by our governor. Nobodies in handcuffs yet because it happened yesterday, give it time.

And finally; "Oh how the tables have turned."
Ok boomer.

EDIT: *snaps fingers* Knew I for got something, the evidence is the signed letter they sent in, claiming they were our electors.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
You know what's going to be great. When trump and the cult point and laugh at the small crowd at biden's inauguration as proof that he's less popular than trump. 100% going to happen and you all know it.
They'll never do that because that will require admitting Biden will have an inauguration, and that goes against the faith based theory Trump will still be President in exile.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
You know what's going to be great. When trump and the cult point and laugh at the small crowd at biden's inauguration as proof that he's less popular than trump. 100% going to happen and you all know it.
Well, sure. Trump is a man who records his success in responding to the pandemic not by how many lives he's saved, but what his TV ratings were. 1000 deaths per 1 million viewers? Cheap at the price: a winning transaction for the Master Of The Deal.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
It's illegal because a) they were not our selected electors, and b) AZ Revised Statute 16-212, which in a nutshell says that our electors must vote for the candidate who won majority of the votes on the canvass as signed by our governor.
That actually seems like something of a technicality they could skate on, should they want to. They are not the selected electors, hence they aren't actually obligated to vote for the candidate that won the majority of the votes.

Like being incapable of committing treason against a nation you aren't a citizen of.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
You guys want a "reliable source", from a .com instead of a .mp and not hosted on mailchimp?

Fine, here you go:

Are people supposed to listen to subpoenas again? Thought it was all the rage to just ignore those?

Status
Not open for further replies.