Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
So do you believe we should hold an investigation and trial into whether or not Trump encouraged the riots?
Yeah, I see no harm in that.

It's a weak excuse to pretend that the person who incites a riot can't be held accountable because they didn't explicitly say "burn their shit down".
Accusing someone of doing something when you don't have solid proof is a similarly weak argument.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
"Intelligence analysts downplayed Chinese election influence to avoid supporting Trump policies, inspector finds"

- “from my unique vantage point as the individual who consumes all of the U.S. government’s most sensitive intelligence on the People’s Republic of China, I do not believe the majority view expressed by the Intelligence Community analysts fully and accurately reflects the scope of the Chinese government’s efforts to influence the 2020 U.S. federal elections." The ombudsman report, Ratcliffe added, "includes concerning revelations about the politicization of China election influence reporting and of undue pressure being brought to bear on analysts who offered an alternative view based on the intelligence.”

- A senior intelligence official told the Washington Examiner that “inside the IC, we’re going to have to wrestle with the issues outlined in this report and the revelation that our own internal umpire basically said Ratcliffe was right and some of our career people, even CIA management, were politicizing China intelligence.”

- The ombudsman’s report added: “Russia analysts assessed that there was clear and credible evidence of Russian election influence activities. They said IC management slowing down or not wanting to take their analysis to customers, claiming that it was not well received, frustrated them. Analysts saw this as suppression of intelligence, bordering on politicization of intelligence from above.”

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Ok lets do so or but to be fair it should be for everyone.

View attachment 2382
Wow, I was going to go one by one for every quote there and Politifact did it for me. Using this very same picture. I have to say that's very convenient

I guess I gotta do some effort here.

Ayanna Pressley

"This is as much about public outcry and organizing and mobilizing and applying pressure so that this GOP-led Senate and these governors that continue to carry water for this administration, putting the American people in harm’s way, turning a deaf ear to the needs of our families and our communities — hold them accountable," she said.

"Make the phone calls, send the emails, show up," she added. "You know, there needs to be unrest in the streets for as long as there’s unrest in our lives."
Kamala Harris

"This is a movement, I’m telling you, they’re not going to stop, and everyone beware, because they’re not going to stop before Election Day in November, and they’re not going to stop after Election Day," she said. "And everyone should take note of that, on both levels, that they’re not going to let up, and they should not, and we should not."

In a speech on Aug. 27, Harris said she supported peaceful protesters.

"We should not confuse them with those looting and committing acts of violence,"
Maxine Waters

Waters’ comment came in 2018 at a Los Angeles rally after a Virginia restaurant owner refused to serve then-White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. It had nothing to do with the Black Lives Matter movement or riots.

Waters urged attendees at the event to keep "pushing back" against members of the Trump administration with whom they disagreed.

"You think we’re rallying now? You ain’t seen nothing yet," Waters said, according to a HuffPost report. "Already you have members of your Cabinet that are being booed out of restaurants ... protesters taking up at their house saying ‘no peace, no sleep.’"

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere," she added.
Nancy Pelosi

Pelosi’s alleged riot quote — "I just don’t know why there aren’t uprisings all over the country. Maybe there will be" — was said over two years ago about the Trump administration’s policy of separating migrant children from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border.

On June 14, 2018, Pelosi said that the National Association of Evangelicals told Congress that the U.S. refugee resettlement system was the "crown jewel of American humanitarianism."

"And in order to do away with that crown jewel, they're doing away with children being with their moms," she said. "I just don't even know why there aren't uprisings all over the country. And maybe there will be, when people realize that this is a policy that they defend."
So... yeah...

And I saw that Houseman liked your picture. I shudder at the idea of trying to go and find where in this monstrosity he supposedly condemned Trump's call for 11k votes as being 'quoted out of context' and yet saw no issue doing it here. Hmm. Odd.

Reactions: CaitSeith

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
And I saw that Houseman liked your picture. I shudder at the idea of trying to go and find where in this monstrosity he supposedly condemned Trump's call for 11k votes as being 'quoted out of context' and yet saw no issue doing it here. Hmm. Odd.
Did you condemn the people who took Trump's 11k votes as being quoted out of context?
No?
Then that's why I liked it. If you (plural) feel it's acceptable to take Republican leaders out of context, why shouldn't we take Democrat leaders out of context? Maybe you'll realize that it's a waste of time and stop doing it.

Hypocrites have no room to complain.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Trump's back:

Well that was a surprisingly benign speech. Nice job?

I don't believe a word he said and it doesn't make up for anything but he used the right words at least.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
So how are the Russian infiltrators who stole the election or the literal nazi stormtroopers Trump would have dragging people out into the street to execute them?
Didn't you see the lunatic storming congress? The one carrying zipties and crosses to kidnap congressmen?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Didn't you see the lunatic storming congress? The one carrying zipties and crosses to kidnap congressmen?
He also seems to have conveniently forgotten the unmarked vans filled with "federal officers" black bagging people off the streets in major US cities...

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
He also seems to have conveniently forgotten the unmarked vans filled with "federal officers" black bagging people off the streets in major US cities...
and you seem to have forgotten small business owners being summarily executed for the crime of having worked and built up a business and having money by members of the mob that rioted.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
and you seem to have forgotten small business owners being summarily executed for the crime of having worked and built up a business and having money by members of the mob that rioted.
And you seem to engaging in the persecution fantasies of fascists again.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
In before this thread gets locked too!

Probably the most disgusting thing about the accusations of fraud (besides the storm of the Capitol) is how little the people objecting care about the fraud itself. They act like the total of valid votes for Biden is 0, and Trump should be nominated automatically as winner. If presence of fraud was enough to disqualify a candidate, then the EC fraud at Arizona would disqualify Trump too. If there is fraud, you call for a new election, because calling for an automatic win shows you only care about winning the election. They don't care about the fraud; they care only about the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.