Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Then why choose a post office rather than random addresses or PO Boxes?
Because those addresses are presumably already taken by real people, so that might raise alarms.

i wouldn't bother, because they're not real cases. Of the 36 cases filed by Trump, the Trump for President Inc, or the Trump campaign i think the current count is 24 have been dismissed, denied or withdrawn due to lack of evidence
Apparently, their goal is to get the cases in front of the highest authority, so it doesn't matter if the cases are dismissed from the lower courts.

For example:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Ok, so it’s sinful individuals and is entirely random. Then why care if the numbers remain low? That’s just random noise fraud on the small scale, same as any election.
We11 it's pr3tty 5impl3 wh3n a l0t 0f rand0m thing5 c0m3 t0g3th3r it can hav3 quit3 an impact.

Like the fact simply changing some letters for numbers above likely had an impact.

It's sort of death by 1,000 cuts possibly as you don't need co-ordinated incidents just lots of independent ones.

Georgia has a vote difference of 13,000.

I don't know what the automatic recount threshold is but I'd imagine 3,000 votes or so would be the difference between an automatically allowed recount and not being allowed ones.

Even if it's not many votes it could actually trigger recounts which at a guess is the goal in this case.

Oh, so you're bullshitting your fantasy persecution complex.

Seems like anyone not falling in line is being deemed people to point out.

Lets say you limit it to only those that have ever taken a money from the Trump administration thus allowing the harm to happen.

Does that mean McDonalds is in the firing line? His administration bought food from them.

How about anyone who has supplies equipment? They took a check too.

Four Seasons Landscape and Gardening? They took a check to host a press conference.

How about anyone who catered events? Provided IT services?

Yeh it's really not a good look especially when people are being specific, quite possibly on purpose.

The Tory obsession with being technically correct under some specific and arbitrary set of standards is a beautiful thing.
yes the arbitrary set of standards of conforming to actual reality and it not being a LIE.

Remember Abraham Lincoln is now an oppressor and racist whose statues should be toppled, because ignoring reality and context of the situation he ordered some native American's executed........ ignore than he only had a minority of the arrested executed after they were arrested for criminal acts at the time. Nope reality doesn't matter Abraham Lincoln wasn't 100% pure and good so he's a racist right?

Or does reality suddenly matter sometimes more than rhetoric?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It's sort of death by 1,000 cuts possibly as you don't need co-ordinated incidents just lots of independent ones.

Georgia has a vote difference of 13,000.

I don't know what the automatic recount threshold is but I'd imagine 3,000 votes or so would be the difference between an automatically allowed recount and not being allowed ones.

Even if it's not many votes it could actually trigger recounts which at a guess is the goal in this case.
But Georgia has already just had a full manual recount, which Trump again lost.

Lets say you limit it to only those that have ever taken a money from the Trump administration thus allowing the harm to happen.

Does that mean McDonalds is in the firing line?
No, seems she's quite happy just limiting it to people who want to overrule the result of a fair election, nothing about buying food or whatever other nonsense you've dreamed up.

Last edited:

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Does that mean McDonalds is in the firing line? His administration bought food from them.

How about anyone who has supplies equipment? They took a check too.

Four Seasons Landscape and Gardening? They took a check to host a press conference.

How about anyone who catered events? Provided IT services?

Yeh it's really not a good look especially when people are being specific, quite possibly on purpose.
Ah yes, "people advocating for a coup shouldn't be allowed to hold public office" sure is controversial. And all that other stuff you brought up sure is relevant to what the tweet says.

For those not wanting to click an archive link, Jennifer Rubin says: Any R now promoting rejection of an election or calling to not to follow the will of voters or making baseless allegations of fraud should never serve in office, join a corporate board, find a faculty position or be accepted into "polite" society. We have a list.

I find it hard to disagree with not giving attempted coupers leniency.

Meanwhile, not a single word against people who just support Trump, which is what you're thinking you're making a stink about.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Lots of people don’t have legal home addresses but do have mailing addresses. For example, me, at many times when living with family.

All this is true and is more reason not to throw the ballots out without thorough investigation that there isn’t time for by the rules of US elections.
There is time, if its fast tracked. I don't see "There isn't time so better just not bother" as a good thing.

Biden should want to make it be seen as he beat Trump fair and square with as little doubt as possible left. It will make his presidency a lot easier

But Georgia has already just had a full manual recount, which Trump again lost.
CNN is claiming he's requested on not that it's happened.

They've audited the ballots though but that's not officially a recount.

Ah yes, people advocating for a coup shouldn't be allowed to hold public office sure is controversial. And all that other stuff you brought up sure is relevant to what the tweet says.

For those not wanting to click an archive link, Jennifer Rubin says: Any R now promoting rejection of an election or calling to not to follow the will of voters or making baseless allegations of fraud should never serve in office, join a corporate board, find a faculty position or be accepted into "polite" society. We have a list.

I find it hard to disagree with not giving attempted coupers leniency.

Meanwhile, not a single work against people who just support Trump, which is what you're thinking you're making a stink about.
So should all those who supported Al Gore not be allowed to hold office again?

He was right an would have won?

Or do we hold those who supported Bush accountable as his win could be seen as a coup too?

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Or do we hold those who supported Bush accountable as his win could be seen as a coup too?
Not applicable here, but keep trying.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Because those addresses are presumably already taken by real people, so that might raise alarms.
It’s absurdly easy to find unoccupied or valid fake addresses that would look way less suspicious. Absurdly.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom

That's what it's called. The audit entails a full manual recount.

I'm not arguing that anyone should be barred from standing. I'm simply pointing out that your stuff about people who've sold things to the Trump campaign is pure fabrication. Jennifer Rubin's argument applied solely to the people trying to overturn the election.

Last edited:
Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
There is time, if its fast tracked. I don't see "There isn't time so better just not bother" as a good thing.

Biden should want to make it be seen as he beat Trump fair and square with as little doubt as possible left. It will make his presidency a lot easier

How was Gore close to what Trump is doing?
Gore ask for a recount because the count was that close. It’s automatic. The Supreme Court denied this recount due to Roger Stones’ riot. It highly possible that recount still would have went Bush’s way. But we will never know.

How is this like Trump saying fraud is everywhere?

EDIT: trump deserve a recount if he so asks for it. The fraud stuff has been knocked back 15 times or so now. If he has the evidence, he needs to provide it soon

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Not applicable here, but keep trying.
yes it is.

Thats what it"s called. The audit entails a full manual recount.

I'm not arguing that anyone should be barred from standing. I'm simply pointing out that your stuff about people who've sold things to the Trump campaign is pure fabrication. Jennifer Rubin's argument applied solely to the people trying to overturn the election.
No the audit is different to a recount technically.

Again people have been calling for anyone who has taken a check from the Trump administration to end up on such lists.

How was Gore close to what Trump is doing?
Gore ask for a recount because the count was that close. It’s automatic. The Supreme Court denied this recount due to Roger Stones’ riot. It highly possible that recount still would have went Bush’s way. But we will never know.

How is this like Trump saying fraud is everywhere?

EDIT: trump deserve a recount if he so asks for it. The fraud stuff has been knocked back 15 times or so now. If he has the evidence, he needs to provide it soon
Gore didn't concede until late on "Officially" the official date listed is the 13th of December.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Gore didn't concede until late on "Officially" the official date listed is the 13th of December.
Trump does not have to concede all he wants. I am not in that camp. I would point out that Gore was way closer in votes In one state. Trump isn’t really close to winning any of his states (unless some miracle happens.) Which I believe would be their point.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No it isn't because the situation is extremely different.
No it's not

You haven't shown anyone who has.

Going after just staff from the WH.

Trump does not have to concede all he wants. I am not in that camp. I would point out that Gore was way closer in votes In one state. Trump isn’t really close to winning any of his states (unless some miracle happens.) Which I believe would be their point.
Nervada ~4,000
Arizona ~11,000
Georgia ~13,000
Wisconsin ~20,000

Total of 43 EC votes.

Is it likely it will flip?

No

Is it still possible?

Yes
I mean Gerogia did find a box of 2,600 votes before

Only need a few of those in a few places and it could change, not likely but possible.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Nervada ~4,000
Arizona ~11,000
Georgia ~13,000
Wisconsin ~20,000

Total of 43 EC votes.

Is it likely it will flip?

No

Is it still possible?

Yes
I mean Gerogia did find a box of 2,600 votes before

Only need a few of those in a few places and it could change, not likely but possible.
Gore was under a thousand. This is more than 4 times. At best

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
No it's not
Yes it is, to my knowledge Gore wasn't calling for a coup

Going after just staff from the WH.

Oh man, if only you led with that instead of bullshit, what do we got?

A defunct website. Womp womp. So we're back here again, nothing. Nothing except your paranoid conspiracy theories in the face of an attempted coup.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Oh but speaking of not letting people distance themselves from an attempted coup, what happens when the Trump administration does it themselves?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
No the audit is different to a recount technically.
OK, but it literally involved counting all the votes. I would've thought that's what matters.

Again people have been calling for anyone who has taken a check from the Trump administration to end up on such lists.
I mean, I've never seen that, and Jennifer Rubin certainly didn't.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
OK, but it literally involved counting all the votes. I would've thought that's what matters.
I would love if the fact it’s an audit and not a recount is specifically because the margin was too wide for an automatic recount.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
It certainly doesn't help that lawyers are standing up at press conferences and saying that they have evidence and are bringing it in front of judges.
You left out the part where those judges then throw out the case because the 'evidence' is worthless.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yes it is, to my knowledge Gore wasn't calling for a coup
Nor is Trump

Oh man, if only you led with that instead of bullshit, what do we got?

A defunct website. Womp womp. So we're back here again, nothing. Nothing except your paranoid conspiracy theories in the face of an attempted coup.
A defunct website because it got so much pushback lol.

Doesn't mean people didn't want to and weren't trying to do it.

Oh but speaking of not letting people distance themselves from an attempted coup, what happens when the Trump administration does it themselves?

No it's because Lawsuits keep being attributed to Trumps team not local Republican PACs and groups bringing their own independent ones.

Well the 2nd recount will use the machines. Thing being if we take the hand count as the accurate one if the machines show a disparity again it could be evidence of an issue.

I mean, I've never seen that, and Jennifer Rubin certainly didn't.
See the tweet I linked before

Status
Not open for further replies.