Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Wow, I'm in hour 4 of this hearing, (it was supposed to last 3 hours, lasted 4:45) and there's this black democrat lady, and she KEEPS ON DISRUPTING THE MEETING. Nearly every time she opens her mouth, she is either speaking out of turn and gets gaveled, or is called on to ask a question and gets gaveled by the chair for just ranting, and for being out of order. It's really embarrassing.

There's probably going to be a megamix of all of her outbursts when this is over. Cynthia A. Johnson.

Also, one of the legislators brought up the "you've had 39 lawsuits brought up and they all got thrown out, why should we listen to you!"
Rudy and Jenna answered with "we only filed 3, but you want to know why you should listen to us? Look at this big binder of 100 affidavits. Read it and decide for yourself"

The memes have begun: You'll only get this if you watched the durn thing.

Last edited:

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Lawful Neutral for Giuliani? You don't need to watch a deranged Trumper meeting to know that that's the actual joke of that image.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Lawful Neutral for Giuliani? You don't need to watch a deranged Trumper meeting to know that that's the actual joke of that image.
Giuliani is a man know for his neutrality and respect for laws.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Giuliani is a man know for his neutrality and respect for laws.
Oh, but going by D&D alignment archetypes, Giuliani is very likely Neutral on the Lawful-Chaotic axis. Definitely not on the Good-Evil one tho.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Oh, but going by D&D alignment archetypes, Giuliani is very likely Neutral on the Lawful-Chaotic axis. Definitely not on the Good-Evil one tho.
I think it would be fair to call a cocaine addled deranged old man chaotic evil

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I think it was just a random sampling.
You think? So that's just how it SHOULD work?

Oh, so this is just how it SHOULD work, not necessarily how it ACTUALLY DID work.
That's right. Just like him breaking the law is an example of how it SHOULDN'T work, but there's no reason at all to think that's how it DID happen.

Too bad no courts has ordered the machines to be seized, and an audit done, so such evidence can be gathered.
Perhaps if the complainants actually kept the fraud allegations in court, rather than retreating behind constitutional technicalities and refusing to actually allege fraud as a point on which the court can rule?

Last edited:

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You think? So that's just how it SHOULD work?
I mean, you can go look it up. Search for "AZ 100 ballot audit".

Georgia Senate Government Oversight Committee Meeting on Election Fraud:

Perhaps if the complainants actually kept the fraud allegations in court, rather than retreating behind constitutional technicalities and refusing to actually allege fraud as a point on which the court can rule?
You mean like this?

Sidney Powell’s Election Lawsuit in Georgia Granted Emergency Appeal by 11th Circuit Appeals Court
A judge on Sunday blocked election officials from wiping or altering Dominion Voting Systems machines in three counties, but Powell was seeking a statewide order, prompting her to seek an emergency appeal from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
The [eleventh] appeals court on Dec. 2 granted the emergency appeal, ordering plaintiffs to file their initial brief by midnight and defendants to file their response by midnight on Dec. 4. Plaintiffs can file a response to the response by midnight on Dec. 6. The initial brief wasn’t listed on the docket as of early Thursday.

Last edited:

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Also on the subject of the "spikes", where all of a sudden there was a huge dump of ballots that lost Trump the lead in the middle of the night, the question was asked yesterday, "Couldn't this just be a large county submitting their results after having finally finished counting everything?"

The answer given during the hearing was "no", because the counties do not just update their results once they're finished. They update their counts continuously. That's how the NYT was reporting their numbers, they had a feed from a server.

So that's the explanation for those of you who said "that's just how mail-in ballots worked, they were all counted at once, and they were overwhelmingly for Biden"
Plus, the processing capacity of those machines meant that it wasn't physically possible for them to process that amount of ballots in such a short period of time.

The timestamp on that is 3:14:41 from yesterday's hearings

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Wow, I'm in hour 4 of this hearing, (it was supposed to last 3 hours, lasted 4:45) and there's this black democrat lady, and she KEEPS ON DISRUPTING THE MEETING. Nearly every time she opens her mouth, she is either speaking out of turn and gets gaveled, or is called on to ask a question and gets gaveled by the chair for just ranting, and for being out of order. It's really embarrassing.

There's probably going to be a megamix of all of her outbursts when this is over. Cynthia A. Johnson.

Also, one of the legislators brought up the "you've had 39 lawsuits brought up and they all got thrown out, why should we listen to you!"
Rudy and Jenna answered with "we only filed 3, but you want to know why you should listen to us? Look at this big binder of 100 affidavits. Read it and decide for yourself"

"Lawful Good". She's neither.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
What, being a piece of shit racist shilling for another piece of shit racist? Duly noted.
Do you honestly believe "I think all X look alike" is a racist statement?

Also, a highlight of True Neutral and Chaotic Evil. Stuff like this was going on all day.

Also Chaotic Good and Neutral Evil

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
. It is one of those times when someone is literally objectively wrong if they say that.
Someone is OBJECTIVELY wrong about their SUBJECTIVE statement that they THINK that all people of a certain ethnicity, that they are not very exposed to, look alike?
How does that work?
Can can somebody be objectively wrong about a subjective thing?

Are people objectively wrong for liking chocolate better than vanilla, too? Have I been told lies about what objective and subjective means all this time?

The scientists were inspired by a quiz created by Japanese American web designer Dyske Suematsu. Fifteen years ago, Suematsu decided, half-jokingly, to investigate the stereotype that Asians all look alike. He threw a party in New York City and invited Asian friends. He put their portraits on the Internet and asked strangers to guess their ethnicity.
The website was a huge hit, quickly becoming one of the web’s first viral sensations. Suematsu says that millions have registered and taken the test. On average, people identify 7 out of 18 photos correctly — an accuracy rate of about 39 percent. That's barely better than pure guessing, which would yield an accuracy rate of 33 percent, on average.
“This is a challenging task even for humans,” said Jiebo Luo, a professor of computer science at the University of Rochester. “I asked some of my students to take the test and they all failed horribly — even though all of them were Asian.”
I wonder how well you'd score:

Looks like this is an actual thing:
Psychological experts all agree that the cross-race effect is a common occurrence during in-court testimony when an eyewitness is trying to remember a person.
What was that about being objectively wrong, again? What is it that psychological experts all agree about, again?

You're just looking for things to get offended about

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, you can go look it up. Search for "AZ 100 ballot audit".
Yep. So, it SHOULD be a random sample (as the GOP say it is). But that's not necessarily how it ACTUALLY DID work. It's notable that external organisations that have requested to view the same sample have not received a response.

Please note, I don't have any reason to think it wasn't a random sample. I'm merely applying the same standard you did to the man with the USB. In both cases, there's no actual reason for suspicion whatsoever, but the partisan mind can just insinuate that it COULD be bad (if we assume it was).

Ah, is this Powell's brain-meltingly inept attempt to prevent the machines being wiped, wherein she sued the wrong people and the order was reversed in mere hours?

I suppose I mean something a bit like that, but with a lawyer capable of tying their own shoelaces.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
, but the partisan mind can just insinuate that it COULD be bad (if we assume it was).
It should be a partisan, adversarial process. That's what ballot "challengers" are there to do. That's why the law says that watchers from all major political parties must be present, overseeing the process. They're there to keep the other side honest, and vice versa.

If there are any doubts whatsoever, they should be cleared up, to the satisfaction of all parties, so that nobody can claim that fowl play was involved.
Ah, is this Powell's brain-meltingly inept attempt to prevent the machines being wiped
Correct. It was presented, accepted, overturned, and now it's accepted again, for the time being.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
we didn't talk about the cross race effect
No, that's exactly what we're talking about. You just don't like it because it makes an ABSOLUTE MOCKERY of your allegation.

So go read up about it, if you can stomach the ABSOLUTLE RACISM contained within. Statements like "Psychological experts all agree that the cross-race effect is a common occurrence during in-court testimony when an eyewitness is trying to remember a person."

It is an objective fact, proven by science, that faces of other races are harder to distinguish than faces of your own race. Go tell the scientists they're all racists.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Also, a highlight of True Neutral and Chaotic Evil. Stuff like this was going on all day.
Well, thanks. That clears up that some of the witnesses are crazy and/or unreliable and/or making claims contradicted by material evidence.

Yeah, I hear you.

You're telling us that it's okay for old, white, billionaire men to be allowed to mess with procedure and decorum whenever it suits them, but black women need to have some respect, shut the fuck up and do what they're told.

Reactions: Hades
Status
Not open for further replies.