Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
This is the same logic used to say that black people deserve whatever they get for breaking the law, I hope you realize that.
That you might think that is another representation of all the colossal errors you've been making for the last 150 pages of thread. Do you really need me to explain?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
That you might think that is another representation of all the colossal errors you've been making for the last 150 pages of thread. Do you really need me to explain?
Let's hear your feeble excuse.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
You people don't understand context, I swear.

We're talking about election security, remember? If there's anything suspicious in an election, an investigation should be launched.
But its literally not suspicious. Its an entirely ordinary, by-the-book process, which someone wrongly said was illegal. Stop avoiding that point.

You appear to be advocating that an investigation be launched whenever some randomer believes something untoward happened, regardless of whether anything suspicious happened.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Let's hear your feeble excuse.
Because even in the most basic logical structure, there is a difference between:

a) approving of a specific reaction to a specific action
b) approving of any reaction whatsoever to a specific action

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
You people don't understand context, I swear.

We're talking about election security, remember? If there's anything suspicious in an election, an investigation should be launched.
How do you define "anything suspicious"?

Should we arrest anyone loitering near polling places, because it's possible they might be rogue agents trying to sabotage the election one way or the other?

Reactions: SupahEwok

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You appear to be advocating that an investigation be launched whenever some randomer believes something untoward happened, regardless of whether anything suspicious happened.
Yeah, that'd be great.

Because even in the most basic logical structure, there is a difference between:

a) approving of a specific reaction to a specific action
b) approving of any reaction whatsoever to a specific action
So you don't think that systemic racism exists in the justice and law-enforcement system, because "if they didn't break the rules, they wouldn't have a problem"?
You don't think that selective enforcement exists? You know, where white people break the same laws that black people do, but are punished differently? Your answer to that is "well they broke the law, they deserve it"?

How do you define "anything suspicious"?

Should we arrest anyone loitering near polling places, because it's possible they might be rogue agents trying to sabotage the election one way or the other?
Yeah, that'd be great.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
So you don't think that systemic racism exists in the justice and law-enforcement system, because "if they didn't break the rules, they wouldn't have a problem"? You don't think that selective enforcement exists? You know, where white people break the same laws that black people do, but are punished differently? Your answer to that is "well they broke the law, they deserve it"?
That's is a non-sequitur to the fundamental logical flaw in your statement that has been pointed out. Are you starting again with a different argument?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, that'd be great.
And you believe the DOJ has the unlimited resources necessary to open and pursue investigations into every scrap of nonsense that gets shat out of Twitter?

I reckon a Trump staffer might have used a USB to switch votes to Trump y'know. I hope you'll endorse the use of DOJ resources to pursue this nonsense I just pulled out of my ass.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
And you believe the DOJ has the unlimited resources necessary to open and pursue investigations into every nonsensical bullshit that gets shat out of Twitter?

I reckon a Trump staffer might have used a USB to switch votes to Trump y'know. I hope you'll endorse the use of DOJ resources to pursue this nonsense I just pulled out of my ass.
Prevention is better than the cure. Station some soldiers around, and arm them. This election is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE COUNTRY isn't it? So start acting like it. Metal detectors and armed guards at every entrance and exit. Maybe even cavity searches.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
That's is a non-sequitur to the fundamental logical flaw in your statement that has been pointed out. Are you starting again with a different argument?
Hey don't be too hard on him, he's still in shock over being transported to the future. You have to remember the temporal displacement that saw him moved a full month into the future left him deeply psychologically disturbed, and we shouldn't be harsh when he lashes out with already disproven theories of pizza vans delivering Biden ballots.
Imagine if you woke up in January to find out every single Biden vote was proven to be an illegal alien lesbian voting from China. You'd be pretty shook too. So we must be patient and understanding with his handicap.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The funny thing about section 230 removal is it will result in the removal of things deemed hate speech on both sides not just one. So no activists calling Black Trump Supporters "Uncle Tom's" and far worse (which I have seen happening). The funny thing being if "Hate Speech" laws came in and were equally applied it would be surprising to see how many people got hit who also claimed they were "On the right side of history".
Sorry, forgot the other issue with 230. Since libel and copyright laws are based on damages to reputation and earnings, the average person pretty much cannot claim much in damages. Also, litigation costs a whole heap, keeping the chance of litigation out of the hands of the average person.

230 wouldn't stop any of the Cancelling. It would just make sure only rich people do it. And the average person are free targets you can take out without consequences

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
The problem people had with George Floyd was that he should have been taken to a police station. Not killed on a street
As Agema says " Maybe the Republican poll watchers George Floyd shouldn't have broken regulations the law and got themselves thrown out himself killed"
Blame the victims, like Agema does. Don't ever stop to think that the system might allow for unequal enforcement.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Sorry, trying to catch up. There is a lot of stuff coming out. I cant keep up with you guys this week.

I like the part where the Trump lawyer claimed the machine were left alone to count for hours. No observers etc. Showed video evidence of such crimes

Then a bunch of people pointed out the observer, sent from DC, observing the count in the very video evidence provided.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Here's a video from 2006 where a vote counting machine was hacked via the memory card

It's from a documentary called "Hacking Democracy"
The machine used is a Diebold machine.

We knew this could happen. In 2006.

Was this vulnerability corrected? We don't know, because these are PrIvAtE CoMpAnIeS and can do whatever they want. It's not like the government can force them to be secure, or anything.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
As Agema says " Maybe the Republican poll watchers George Floyd shouldn't have broken regulations the law and got themselves thrown out himself killed"
Blame the victims, like Agema does. Don't ever stop to think that the system might allow for unequal enforcement.
The Republicans poll warchers were treated fairly. Floyd was not. Unless these poll watchers had their necks stood on too. I haven't heard evidence of this.

George Floyd maybe have broke the rules and should have be asked/ taken to a station.

The unfair treatment is not that authorities were dealing with people breaking the rules. The unfair treatment was HOW Floyd was dealt with

You're comparing being thrown out with being killed. One seems to be a fair punishment for low level poor behaviour. One doesn't

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
But its literally not suspicious. Its an entirely ordinary, by-the-book process, which someone wrongly said was illegal. Stop avoiding that point.

You know this sounds incredibly like Cancelling. 'I have some evidence and everyone should get them.'

Also, it's even weirder because these have been invesitgated multiple times and brought before courts. It's Triple Dipping Cancelling

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
The Republicans poll warchers were treated fairly.
Not according to witness accounts. Sorry, it's your word against all of theirs. They were there. Where were you?

The unfair treatment is not that authorities were dealing with people breaking the rules.
I'm sure Lil or Obsidian can tell you that selective enforcement is also unfair treatment. You know, racial profiling, selectively targeting areas with a high concentration of certain ethnicities, allowing certain ethnicities to get away with a warning while you throw the book at others. That kind of stuff.

But suddenly all those arguments disappear when it happens to republicans at the hands of democrats. Selective enforcement suddenly is no longer a form of discrimination.

Status
Not open for further replies.