Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Ha, you thought.

Nevada GOP Electors vote for Trump:
You realise these guys have precisely zero standing, right? It's about as meaningful as me heading off and casting my electoral college vote for Queen Elizabeth II.

Not only that, but in doing so these guys are effectively supporting tyranny, acting like they can vote for a president with no regard for democratic will.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
MAGA cultist:"We're here to vote for Trump. We're electors"
Official: "We have a list of certified electors"
MAGA cultists: "We're them. Our names are the ones on the list"
Official: "What are the names, pray tell?"
MAGA cultist: "Uh...IP Freely.....Amanda Hugandkiss.....Mike Rotch......Isabelle Ringing......Shiney McShine.....Abe Frohman, the Sausage King of Chicago......"
Remember when the administration published the list of Doctors who approved of the herd immunity approach? It included names like "Dr. Real Person" and "Dr. Johnny Bananas" and "Professor Cominic Dummings". So to be fair they've tried it on their cultists and they fell for it the first time.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You realise these guys have precisely zero standing, right?
Yes, Adam Jensen educated me on the previous page.

Not only that, but in doing so these guys are effectively supporting tyranny, acting like they can vote for a president with no regard for democratic will.
You'd think that committing, ignoring, or failing to prosecute fraud would be "without regard for democratic will"...

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
If it's just a "vocal minority" of lying Republicans, then shouldn't there also be Republicans willing to call out the others on their lies? Or are you assuming that all Republicans were in on it?
Yes, and quite a few have. William Barr, Bill Cassidy, Brad Raffensperger, Lamar Alexander, Chris Carr, Chip Roy, Gary Herbert & Spencer Cox, Mitt Romney, Michael Steele, and everyone listed here to start with. Then, of course, Republicans involved in the electoral process like Mashburn.

But I don't really think it's a vocal minority. I've been stunning by how many Representatives are willing to go along with this anti-democratic farce for the sole purpose of clinging onto any vestige of power they can.

Yes, that's the new story. The original story, as shown in those links I give in that post, all agree that the order was given for counting to be stopped at 10:30pm. There's like five different media outlets all saying that.

The new story is that counting never stopped.
The "original story" you've provided was from election day, before it was delayed. Do you consider the possibility of a genuine delay to be impossible, even with Republican observers attesting that was all it was?

I watched the video in your article, he never says anything about the event in question. He addresses the allegations that more ballots were brought in after they were supposed to have finished counting. He just says "I was there when the guy announced that they had a lot more to do". He's not talking about the event we're talking about.

He also says he wasn't at State Farm Arena, where the event in question took place, but at "English Avenue" from 7pm to 3am. So he wasn't even there. That's around the 3-minute mark in the timestamp.
...Where he states that he and 4 other Republican monitors were fully aware that counting was still going on at State Farm Arena. It wasn't a secret. Is your claim no longer that these were counted in secret?

Here (timestamped video) the elections director admits that there were no observers present at 10:30pm
So what? This isn't against the law. Poll-watchers are allowed to watch; it is not necessary for the count to go ahead that they are present.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
So uh....is that legal? Can you actually pretend to be an electoral college without getting in a lot of trouble for it?
It seems that no one was ever brazen enough to try it. And now people people have to find out how illegal it actually is and whether state or federal law applies.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Yes, and quite a few have. William Barr, Bill Cassidy, Brad Raffensperger, Lamar Alexander, Chris Carr, Chip Roy, Gary Herbert & Spencer Cox, Mitt Romney, Michael Steele, and everyone listed here to start with. Then, of course, Republicans involved in the electoral process like Mashburn.
And which voting centers did they contribute as challengers or workers?

I don't mean "denounced, from a distance", I mean people who were there and are willing to go on record calling the claims of other poll workers, who were also there, lies.

The "original story" you've provided was from election day, before it was delayed. Do you consider the possibility of a genuine delay to be impossible, even with Republican observers attesting that was all it was?
I think we're talking about two different things. Here, let me cite a source directly:

"Officials sent ballot counters home at 10:30 p.m. and said they'd return at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday." - https://www.11alive.com/article/new...arena/85-37a6c502-09cd-48eb-8856-15c5602d6aff

This is in direct contradiction to your fact-checker site which claims that they never stopped counting, and weren't told to leave, correct?

...Where he states that he and 4 other Republican monitors were fully aware that counting was still going on at State Farm Arena.
So? Who cares what he thought, he wasn't there. His opinion doesn't matter. He doesn't know whether or not they were told to leave. He doesn't know whether or not there were any observers there.

So what? This isn't against the law. Poll-watchers are allowed to watch; it is not necessary for the count to go ahead that they are present.
That's for a judge to determine, but from what I've read, the law does require them to be there. For example.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
You'd think that committing, ignoring, or failing to prosecute fraud would be "without regard for democratic will"...
I know that even a flawed election is a metric shit-ton better than a bunch of dudes simply declaring themselves the winner just because they feel like it.

And let's bear in mind, in terms of "flawed", you haven't posted anything close to sufficient evidence of a) fraud or b) basic error sufficient to change the result, so this stunt is even more presumptious and tyrannical.

Reactions: Dalisclock

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I know that even a flawed election is a metric shit-ton better than a bunch of dudes simply declaring themselves the winner just because they feel like it.

And let's bear in mind, in terms of "flawed", you haven't posted anything close to sufficient evidence of a) fraud or b) basic error sufficient to change the result, so this stunt is even more presumptious and tyrannical.
The evidence is the lack of evidence! Don't you see? Republican poll watchers were in on it, and the fact no one saw anything proves that everything actually happened.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
The evidence is the lack of evidence! Don't you see? Republican poll watchers were in on it, and the fact no one saw anything proves that everything actually happened.
uh... we have binders full of affidavits from people who saw stuff.

I thought you've been saying this whole time that none of that counts, not that "nobody saw anything".

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
uh... we have binders full of affidavits from people who saw stuff.

I thought you've been saying this whole time that none of that counts, not that "nobody saw anything".
Oh man of the past, for whom two thoughts is two too many, fear not! We of the future have evolved to be able to hold two thoughts in out heads at once.
You see you do have affidavits of people who saw stuff. And they're lies. They're lying on them. They didn't see what they're claiming to see. Thought 1: they didn't see anything. Thought 2: Therefore none of the affidavits count.

And before you bark and yowl about some already debunked video where you think you see something, you don't. You didn't see anything illegal, and if you think you did you're wrong. And it doesn't matter how many times you claim otherwise, because the courts have already ruled you're wrong, you didn't see anything and neither did anyone else.

Reactions: SupahEwok

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Bill Barr fired:
Oof talk about painful. Firing the rat who abused his position to help Trump every chance he got. After all he's done for Trump he's fired the moment he's simply unable to abuse his position for Trump. With the basis for Trump's claim being so weak there simply wasn't anything Barr could have done for him. And for that he's fired.

I hope it stings for Barr. All that loyalty, his entire reputation and legacy destroyed without anything to show for it. And he's not the only one. Those who are loyal to Trump rarely get rewarded for it.

Last edited:

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Oof talk about painful. Firing the rat who abused his position to help Trump every chance he got. After all he's done for Trump he's fired the moment he's simply unable to abuse his position for Trump. With the basis for Trump's claim being so weak there simply wasn't anything Barr could have done for him. And for that he's fired.
He might not have been fired. Trump has a habit of making it very clear when he fires someone (shows off his power and authority) and/or slags them off for letting him down. Given that the administration is boned, he might well have just decided to buzz off early.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
He might not have been fired. Trump has a habit of making it very clear when he fires someone (shows off his power and authority) and/or slags them off for letting him down. Given that the administration is boned, he might well have just decided to buzz off early.
Can you get a pardon while still holding office?

Status
Not open for further replies.