Elite Seven Chosen As Guardians of the Internet

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Poofs said:
thats pretty awesome
Indeed. But I think we should rename ICANN to FCF (4-Chan Fighters) because if anyone is gonna cause Internet Terrorism, it's gonna be 4-Chan.

In all seriousness now, I am glad that we are preparing for Internet Terrorism. That was one of the major flaws of the internet, it had no defense. Now it does.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
The DSM said:
Can they alos fuse into a ginat robot when there powers combine?

Or summon Captian Internet?

A rich vein of humour has been releaved this day, time to mine it!
.... >_<

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is overseeing this security plan, which relates to Domain Name System Security (DNSSEC) that ensures websites are legitimate and "signed," meaning that when you go to Amazon.com you're actually going to Amazon.com and not to a hacker's bank account. Due to an international attack, this system may have to sever connections to reduce the damage the attack could cause.
I'm really an idiot and not understanding it. I read that as "we'll take down the internet to keep the bad guys from taking down the internet".

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
The Elders of the Internet are alive!

They should get some robes and cool staffs and gather once a year in a chamber deep down in the earth to summon the mighty god IP.
I'm collecting money for robes, who's in?

zfactor

Jan 16, 2010
Formica Archonis said:
Tom Goldman said:
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is overseeing this security plan, which relates to Domain Name System Security (DNSSEC) that ensures websites are legitimate and "signed," meaning that when you go to Amazon.com you're actually going to Amazon.com and not to a hacker's bank account. Due to an international attack, this system may have to sever connections to reduce the damage the attack could cause.
I'm really an idiot and not understanding it. I read that as "we'll take down the internet to keep the bad guys from taking down the internet".
It's a "sever connection" that you can connect back later (a firewall perhaps?), not a deletion or corruption of files (take down the internet).

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
So, if I train an team of six uber-powerful animals, I can battle each of these elite 7, and win the internet as a prize? Well, after I beat my childhood rival, who got to be champion for all of 5 seconds.

Feb 13, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
Are you guys actually serious? I mean really really serious? Who can possible take down the entire World Wide Web?
I admit that was my first thought. But less on taking it down, and more about putting it back up again.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Mana Fiend said:
I want that job title!

Though it does remind me of the Elders of the Internet:

I was just about to post that, hilarious.

OT: We must defend them at all costs!
FOR THE INTERNET!

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
wow this....is....AMAZING!!!! the internet knows all. But i wonder what if 4chan got the keys.....

Hayate_GT

Mar 6, 2010
wait did he say Trinidad & Tobago...WOW.i didnt realize we had pple that good down here...this is a small country...i bet ive seen him somewhere...unless he lives down south...then he fail...

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
Are you guys actually serious? I mean really really serious? Who can possible take down the entire World Wide Web?
Well if the Escapist is anything to go by, I'll say the U.S. government

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Where was ICANN when my webserver was attacked by hackers last night? (yeah I know ICANN works with domains and not webservers, but goddamnit we need something for the rest of the ineternet as well)

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Sounds romantic enough, but we're basically talking about 7 cantankerous unix gurus to rouse and fix stuff in which case we stupid users have done broke the Internet somehow.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
I think this needs to be a video game. It really does. Just imagine it... you play as one of the Seven, and something happens that killstomps the internet and most tech in general. Wars are brewing, people are dying, and you need to get across the sea, unite with your fellows, and restart the interwebs to prevent the total collapse of society.

...I'd play it, at least.