Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter may soon go through

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Whooo, Free Market! Let the market decide!

Market decides...

Nooo, not like that!

Reactions: BrawlMan

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
To Musk and its ilk, ideals like free speech, free market or democracy are means to an end, or more specifically, means to its ends.

You could think of them as just more assets in its portfolio, to be exploited when beneficial, discarded when not.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
To Musk and its ilk, ideals like free speech, free market or democracy are means to an end, or more specifically, means to its ends.
Yes. Musk is like every fascist ever: bang on and on about free speech and how unfair it is to be silenced right up until the point they're running things and can shut up everyone else.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
How un-selfaware of Musk...

Imagine being a billionaire controlling a media business thinking that YOU are the Resistance and not the thing to resist
Or maybe he does, and he's saying it for his cultists. I'm pretty sure Trump he isn't the "common man" or whatever, but still claims to be.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Elon can't pull that sort of bullshit over us: we all know that no-one watched "Divergent".
I haven't seen Hunger Games either. I have no resistance

(My daughter is reading the first book so this might actually change soon)

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Musk really, really, REALLY wants to be able to say it was the victim of something, doesn't it?
I know if I were in charge of marketing for a firm that I'd think twice about continuing to advertise on a platform that irrationally sued advertisers.