Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter may soon go through

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
This is why you don't buy the first model, a game on release, the first brain chip. I have a Model Y, and it doesn't have this issue. It has updates to software, but no non-antirust.

There is a medium point where you aren't a tester(cough Apple Vision) with high prices, and low quality, and where you aren't late to the game where it doesn't matter like if I brought Destiny 2 right now or Monster Hunter Hunter World now great I have fewer people to play it with and servers are about to be cut for the next thing.

And yes there are ways to counter this like Starfield, it had bugs late in the game, and had a massive marketing & player fetish pressure campaign until it was realized to be only better than Fallout 4 but not Skyrim SE level. And yes I fell for it, I brought it later after a few weeks, and then the negative reviews came.

Edit: Grammar.
There's no such thing as being "late to the game" on a car release. It's a car. People's fomo is unreal.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
There's no such thing as being "late to the game" on a car release. It's a car. People's fomo is unreal.
Until the following happens

1. Climate regulations on ICE vehicles

2. Your car looks like a Volkswagon Beetle

3. Better battery and better range on newer vehicles.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Until the following happens

1. Climate regulations on ICE vehicles

2. Your car looks like a Volkswagon Beetle

3. Better battery and better range on newer vehicles.
Not exactly sure what you're getting at with the last 2. Especially number 3 actually proves my point. There's no such thing as being late to the game on a car if next year's model is probably going to have a range increase.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Not exactly sure what you're getting at with the last 2. Especially number 3 actually proves my point. There's no such thing as being late to the game on a car if next year's model is probably going to have a range increase.
Sorry, the logic engine in my brain spluttered.

A lot of times cars are used to signal wealth or being hip or techie or whatever. If I drive a Beetle am I hip, no.

Furthermore yes I was incorrect with 3, but there are also some reasons to buy at an earlier for one sometimes the car gets more expensive like Chinese smartphones. If you brought them when they were okay, not matured but not a prototype, with a non-high cost that is good for you as a consumer.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Trouble in paradise

Journalist Matt Taibbi posted screenshots of unhinged messages he received from billionaire Twitter owner Elon Musk.

Days after Taibbi accused Musk of restricting his account, the former Musk ally posted the screenshots from a conversation the two had had nearly a year prior.

“Since @elonmusk published parts of these conversations, I might as well include others,” declared Taibbi on Thursday. “I was under a ‘blanket search ban’ at one point and a lot of my 1.9 million followers still don’t see my content.”

In the messages, dated April 2023, Taibbi could be seen asking Musk whether he was “being shadowbanned” following Musk’s crackdown on Substack, which Taibbi writes for.

“We went on lockdown after discovering that Substack had stolen a massive amount of our data to prepopulate their Twitter rip-off,” replied Musk. “Looks like there is still a blanket search ban. Should be fixed by tomorrow.”

He added, “Going forward, tweets with Substack will not appear in For You unless it is paid advertising, just like FB/Insta/etc.”

Taibbi questioned, “Elon, I’ve repeatedly declined to criticize you and have nothing to do with your beef with Substack. Is there a reason why I’m being put in the middle of things? This really seems crazy.”

“You are dead to me,” replied Musk. “Please get off Twitter and just stay on Substack.”

Prior to their falling out, Taibbi was seen as a close ally of Musk and was described by House Delegate Stacey Plaskett as one of “Elon Musk’s public scribes” during a hearing in March 2023.

Their relationship deteriorated just weeks later after Substack, a website Taibbi writes for, announced the launch of a Twitter rival.

Musk retaliated by blocking all links to Substack, which prompted Taibbi to announce his departure from Musk’s platform.

Taibbi criticized Musk in several other Twitter posts on Thursday, calling the social network “worse than ever.”

“Supposed free speech champion @ElonMusk has decided to suppress this account forever, instead of just talking to me,” protested Taibbi. “@ElonMusk is uncomfortable around people who aren’t afraid of him, and wants to prove he can hurt my business instead of just talking to me, even if it means suppressing access to news he thinks is important.”

Reactions: BrawlMan

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Yeah, but they paid paid for the blue check. That's the magic that turns them into real boys.
Ah, that hasn't been a reliable indicator for some while now after elon's cult couldn't handle the mockery, so many were forced onto accounts, especially those who dared criticise and offend his pride. I recall vaguely the shitpost artisan Dril account and some famous, perhaps Stephen King, celeb at the time vocalising their intense desire to have it removed. Then elon cult couldn't handle that ppl could still tell the difference between bought and "gifted" ticks by merely clicking on them, so eventually they cowardly removed that indicator also.

Reactions: BrawlMan