Ender's Game Actor Could Be New Spider-Man

LightUpTheHal0

Apr 15, 2011
Another one called by No Right Answer?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/no-right-answer/10056-Who-Should-Be-Spider-Man-Marvel

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
LightUpTheHal0 said:
Another one called by No Right Answer?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/no-right-answer/10056-Who-Should-Be-Spider-Man-Marvel
It's legacy lives on.

I just hope they eventually go back to a video series instead of this cartoon thing they're trying. I miss these guys :(

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
As much as people want Miles Morales (myself included), I think it's probably for the best to start with Parker. That way, assuming the MCU train continues rolling indefinitely, they can introduce Morales later in a similar fashion to how he was in the comic.

That said, would have been kinda interesting to flip that, and have a young Peter Parker being inspired by existing Spider-Man Miles Morales...

Happyninja42 said:
-snip- I keep seeing all this "Miles isn't Peter" discussion, and it makes me curious if anyone would actually care if they simply made Peter black. Because honestly, there isn't anything intrinsically white about the things that make him Peter.
That's actually a really good train of thought, and now you've got me wondering how many superheroes are intrinsically any race...

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Starik20X6 said:
As much as people want Miles Morales (myself included), I think it's probably for the best to start with Parker. That way, assuming the MCU train continues rolling indefinitely, they can introduce Morales later in a similar fashion to how he was in the comic.

That said, would have been kinda interesting to flip that, and have a young Peter Parker being inspired by existing Spider-Man Miles Morales...

Happyninja42 said:
-snip- I keep seeing all this "Miles isn't Peter" discussion, and it makes me curious if anyone would actually care if they simply made Peter black. Because honestly, there isn't anything intrinsically white about the things that make him Peter.
That's actually a really good train of thought, and now you've got me wondering how many superheroes are intrinsically any race...
I'm not terribly up to speed on all the superheroes out there, but I can think of a few I guess? The Asgardians, simply because of the origin of their mythology. Black Panther, since he's from that particular country in Africa. Wonder Woman? Since the Amazonians were historically Greek? Um....yeah that's all I can think of. I'm sure there are others, but probably not that many. Which is why I don't really care if they gender/race swap heroes. Who they are has nothing to do with their skin, it's who they are inside so, yeah who cares? xD

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
Scrythe said:
I find it strange how finding an actor to play Peter Parker has kinda devolved over time.

"Hey, I have an idea! Let's get the guy who knocked 'Pleasantville' and 'The Cider House Rules' out of the fucking park!"
"Hey, I have an idea! Let's get the guy who was in 'The Social Network'. No, not that guy. The other one."
"Hey, I have an idea! Let's get the guy who was okay in 'Hugo' and eh in 'Ender's Game'."

I'm looking forward to the webslinger's next adventure, where we found out he's being played by an extra from "Misfits" or some shit like that.
The next reboot will be Spider-Ham, starring the pig from Babe.

crotchdot

Jun 11, 2010
I'm not too fussed who plays Spiderman, as long as Marvel realises that by now everyone knows how Peter Parker became Spiderman and we don't need to see it again.

Just pick it up with him already being "amazing" and take it from there.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
I don't hate this, admittedly I think a college-age Peter Parker would have worked better within the wider MCU narrative but if it is going to be a high-school age Peter, then I can think of worse casting options.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
He's been in The Boy in Stripped Pajamas, Merlin (TV series), Nanny McPhee, Hugo and Ender's Game in which he's delivered good performances in all of them. It's actually nice to see a teenager play a teenager instead of a 25 year old for once. I think the people commenting that he's too young have forgotten what 18 year olds look like, I suppose you can thank Hollywood for that though.