Enemies That Make You Go "Oh Fuck This"

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Most of the enemies in the Karma tower because their either bosses(as commons) that require a weird set up to kill or Seth who's just a bastard to kill.Makes it all the funnier that the boss of the tower is pitifully easy compared to that shit.

LittleBlondeGoth

Mar 24, 2011
Banshees in ME3, seems no matter what bloody class I'm playing, it's the complete wrong one for dealing with Banshees. What's that over in the corner? Oh yes, it's my face. Can I have it back please? Gah.

For me on (the original) UFO, it was the Chrysallids that sent me loopy. Cyberdisks were a pushover, but those damn Chrysallids...

And Tonberries. *DOINK*

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
Feral ghoul reavers in Fallout 3. They can take a LOT of punishment, and can deal heavy damage with melee and ranged attacks. The worst part is when you finally kill the damn thing, the only loot you get is 3 bottle caps. At least the super mutant overlords drop gattling lazers, mini nukes and tri-beam lazer rifles.

I once had a reaver glitch on me. Jericho and I were barraging it with eugene and vengeance, and were doing almost no damage as the upper half of the ghoul's body flopped around as it charged at us. That was the only time I used the fat man. I loaded in a mini nuke and shouted "dodge this!"

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
The Shadow Reavers from the end of Neverwinter Nights 2. Infinite respawns? Check. High level spells? Check. Surprisingly durable for spellcasters? Check. Superior position that's almost impossible to take? Check. Have to take your Cleric (or Warlock, if you're using him, which statistically you're probably not) out of the fight to chant their (semi) true names to kill them properly? Check. Unclear WHEN the truenames have taken hold? Check.

Hate hate hate hate hate hate ALL MY HATE. THIS IS THE FIGHT KHORNE HIMSELF USES TO GET EVEN ANGRIER HATE HATE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!

There are lots of other fights that bug me, but the annoyance is usually gone shortly after. These guys made me want to annihilate the final boss proceeding the that much more.

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
SajuukKhar said:
I hate those damn shield carrying Bandits in Borderlands 2, the ones without a hole in their shield.

-Grenades never stun them
-they never lower the shield
-Because the AI is psychic, and knows where you are at all times, trying to run around and flank them is pointless because they will just stand in one spot and swivel to face you faster then you can run around the.

I thank god for Zero's invisibility skill, its pretty much the only thing I have ever used that works at getting around them.

Deathtrap is also nice because the enemies turn to face it, and due the fact is always storms past the enemies in the front, means the shield guys always turn around and stop facing me allowing me to shoot them.

I always keep a pistol with bonus explosive damage with me just because the explosive damage goes past their shield, i hate having to stand around slowly widdiling down their hp when everything else dies 10X faster because their not so poorly designed.
In Multiplayer, having someone be the mouse to get it turned helps. Or in single player, elemental grenades, particularly fire in my opinion, assist a lot. Also, there is Maya's action skill, so you can move around and expose him that way. And I tend to be able to shoot it through the vision slit with a fire sniper rifle. The elemental gets through, but not the base damage.

MidnightSt

Sep 9, 2011
The only enemy (boss, actually, but he's an enemy too) I remember really hating with passion was Cyborg Ninja in MGS1 - I couldn't beat the guy, and after some (about 20-30) failed attempts I was also truly afraid of him, with all the rage and finger-shiver that comes with it. I was alternating between cursing him and the developers ("how the fuck am I supposed to beat a guy THIS AGILE in such a small and complicated space?!? Yeah, now he turns invisible, because fuck me. Now he's going to hit me for half of my health and knock me down, and make that jump-from-above attack while I can't move which will cost me the second half of my health and I'm dead, because WHY THE FUCK NOT, RIGHT? It's gonna be fun, right? You monsters!!!").

Interestingly enough, once I beat him, it was no problem for me to do it again any time.

There were certainly other enemies I hated with passion, but the fact I don't remember them probably means it was not passionate enough.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Well to go with something recent and there are spoilers.

Goddamn Letho! I haven't finished the game yet so I don't know if you fight him again(please don't spoil it for me, I only just finished the Aerdin war part) but the first time you fight after chapter 1 is so damn annoying. He has all your skills but better, he also can spam them.

It seemed okay at first on normal but then he just constantly reactivates his Quen shield so that he is all but invincible since I haven't leveled up my skills enough to do much against him. He also constantly spams his force push and Igni to damage me.
I try using my sword but if he doesn't instantly block it and counterattack then he probably had Quen up to ignore it while getting off a free attack on me.

It also takes so many hits to defeat him. I can see it being possible(Mainly through spamming Yrden) but it was so frustrating that I just turned the game down to easy. That made it even more annoying as he will actually not block on easy mode. You win the fight on easy by clicking fast to stunlock him as he pretty much just stands there, frustrating as hell to fight on normal but not even a boss but a glorified QTE on easy.

Letho made me rage and I hope I get to fight him again now that I have leveled up enough to actually be on par with him.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
SadisticBrownie said:
Yans from FFIX
Oh shit, I remember those little bastards. First time I ran into them was after hours of grinding and exploring, I eventually just stumbled into them on accident. How was I supposed to know those angry goats would crush my entire party with motherfucking comets!?

OT: These sons of bitches.

^Exactly those. I can deal with the standard ones and spike ones (Even the trident one isn't too hard once you figure it out.) But the blade ones are absolute bullshit.

[QUOTE=Tesral]-img snip-

Screw it, lets just nuke Shanghai from orbit.[/QUOTE]

Holy.

Fuck.

Dude. That's not cool.

Korzack

Apr 28, 2010
Duriel + Mephisto in Diablo 2 - okay, that may be because I suck at the game, but still, fuck those guys.
Also the Crimson Lance guys in Borderlands, those pricks were just a chore to fight.
captcha : dragon with matches... Poor lil' guy,

themyrmidon

Sep 28, 2009
My first thought was ME3 Banshees, like others have said, but after reading the comments I have to go with Cazadores from F:NV.

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
I've been playing some World of Tanks lately. I'm a tier 3 light tank. I keep getting placed in matches where we have no artillery on our team and half the enemy team is tier 4 mediums and heavies.

When my shells bounce off their rear armor, I pretty much just accept my fate and stop maneuvering. :p

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Water Nymph. "Nice +1 Excalibur you have there. Shame if anything happened to it."
Then, after chasing her teleporting ass all over the level... "The water nymph escapes downstairs!"

In similar vein, Water Demon. First you're fighting one. Then six. Then Jubilex.

And lastly, the Water Moccasin. (Notice a pattern here?) Unless you have poison resistance and a good weapon, these things are essentially instant death. Doesn't help that they can spawn on level 1 (making fountains useless for the cautious player)...

...so, basically, fountains. Better to just avoid them completely.

OpticalJunction

Jul 1, 2011
the krait from guild wars 2. HATE THEM WITH A PASSION particularly in the higher level areas.

And cazadors from fallout new vegas. Those things were scary

kenadian

May 7, 2012
chimpzy said:
RJ 17 said:
michaelarby said:
RJ 17 said:
Also also: The Geth on Gold in ME 3 multiplayer.
basically any enemy in Mass effect 3 on the harder difficulties. My particular favourite were the commandos who could throw a grenade 100 yards and have it land right at your feet even though a- you're behind cover, b- you havnt come out of cover and theyve no way of knowing you're there and c- they havnt even been in the room long enough to realistically know where an opponent is hiding.
My favorite grenade throw came when I was coming around behind some guys that were shooting at my team. Just as I take cover in a rear-flanking position, a dude chucks a grenade, forward (towards my team), it bounces off of something sticking down from the ceiling and sails right on over to land right next to me.

But the Rocket Troopers and Primes that can shoot through impossibly small cracks, the Hunters that refused to be "stumbled" and just keep blasting your face in, and the standard Geth Troopers having no other speed than "sprint forward while shooting with dead-on accuracy" really make the Geth my least favorite. Certainly doesn't help that they're also apparently the "zerg" race of the ME 3 multiplayer, always coming in massive swarms from multiple directions.
Meh, the Geth are a minor inconvenience compared to some of the new additions with the Retaliation dlc.

Like Dragoons, the armoured speed addicts that swarm you, then whip the crap out you, stunlocking you into submission until you go down. Comparable to an unshielded Pyro in thoughness, but way faster. They seem to ignore tactical cloak and decoy, so there is no hiding from them or distracting them. And they love coming at you in groups of three at a time. Usually accompanied by a couple Phantoms. They make hacking objectives hell.

Of course, getting grabbed by a Possessed Abomination will ruin anyones day. Though it is pretty funny to watch them dryhump a Volus.
This. Dragoons are hell for squishy caster-types. Vanguards and other CQC classes laugh at them, but that's at most 1/5 of the classes. I did a Gold Hydra match last night while maxing out my Javelin challenge and somehow found them and Phantoms to not be too troublesome. Guess I had a good match.

As for Abominations though, oh God I love those guys. Throw a rocket down in a Collector spawn when one of them is possessed. Everything in front of you dies. Then, almost like the latter half of the explosion was sleeping on the job woke up and went "ZOMG I'M LATE!" and you just see this mushroom cloud go up where there once was a spawn. It's...poetic. Ending a Collector match with a Possessed Abomination going up in a flash is also the single best way to end a match. Try it. You won't regret it.

doggie015 said:
TheTJackson said:

This son of a gun. The Praetorian from ME2.
OH GOD! Don't remind me!!! (Seriously, the ONLY reason that I got past that was that I had discovered the godmode thing... and that bastard's beams STILL killed me! WTF!). Might have been good for a ME3 final bossfight as the controller of the reapers (That would be more epic than starchild... but so would taking a dump on the game disk!)

To top it all off: This was on CASUAL difficulty! Harbinger doesn't even hold a candle to this [REDACTED] [REDACTED]!

[small]Put the rope away! I didn't say candleJACK I just sai-[/small]
They're actually not totally horrible in ME3's MP. Way squishier than ME2, even when Possessed. They can't go into god mode and regenerate all their shields. A few cloaked Javelin shots will make short work of em.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Everyone's all over the people and monsters- but nobody remembers enemy vehicles?

These guys seem a pushover at first, in Driver 1. If your felony is low you can outrun them, and they can be outsmarted too. Ramp up the felonies and they soon get super tough, coming at you in groups too. They have a super boost that they use when about to hit you, which can sometimes knock you onto your roof and end your run in one hit. Worst of all though, is that in Driver 1 free ride you will never beat them. Everything will build up to the inevitable moment where they pound your car into a wreck no matter how good you are at driving. Even with Invincibility on they can still wreck you by flipping you onto your roof.

This is a Shilka, from Operation Flashpoint. It is supposed to be an Armoured Anti-Air unit, with four rapid fire cannons spitting balls of death that pluck enemy choppers and aircraft out of the sky. In the game, however, it is near certain death to the player no matter -what- he's in. If it spots you, it swings round and opens fire, annihilating you in a matter of seconds. Armoured BMP, Attack chopper, Tank... it doesn't matter. The thing can hear your gunfire a mile away and is absolutely lethal.

A starfighter in TIE Fighter so overpowered it can destroy whole squadrons of lesser craft by itself. And you get to fly it. Freaking sweet, right? Not when an Imperial Admiral who has a squadron of them goes rogue and you find yourself squaring off against these savage killers, piloted by elite pilots with hearts colder than the inky depths of space itself.

kenadian

May 7, 2012
LittleBlondeGoth said:
Banshees in ME3, seems no matter what bloody class I'm playing, it's the complete wrong one for dealing with Banshees. What's that over in the corner? Oh yes, it's my face. Can I have it back please? Gah.

For me on (the original) UFO, it was the Chrysallids that sent me loopy. Cyberdisks were a pushover, but those damn Chrysallids...

And Tonberries. *DOINK*
I find Banshees to be better than most, personally. They're incredibly predictable. They're only horrible if you can't keep your distance or if they bumrush you through a wall.