Enemies You Always Have and Always Will Take Seriously...

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
RE4 Regenerators. A whole shit ton from Demon's Souls, the most dangerous of which include Giant Depraved Ones, Mind Flayers, and certain Black Phantoms (Selen Vinland I'm looking at you). I guess the Helghast deserve a spot on this list too since they bent me over and made me their ***** the second I had the audacity to try and beat the final level.

Swny Nerdgasm

Jul 31, 2010
Two words: Mind Flayers.

i don't care if it's pen and paper or baldur's gate 2, those things will always occupy a dark scary part of my psyche

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
Poison zombies in Half-life 2. Those poison head crabs just creep me out. Those zombies are a little tougher then the others since they can throw the head crabs at you.

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
ecoho said:
MikailCaboose said:
Julianking93 said:
Goddamn Regeneraters from RE4.

Oh god, I'll never forget the first time I got killed by one of those things.

Ugh.
Then let us not forget the Iron Maidens. Regenerators + giant spines = Oh shit!
Then practically any enemy from bullet-hell games (even the fairies in Touhou).
i gotta agree with both of these first time i faced one i shot it 6 times couldnt figgure out how to kill it so i thought well ill just go around it.....bad idea just incase you didnt know they can jump 8 to 10 feet with no head, no chest, no arms, or legs scared the liveing crap out of me and my friend after that i got a rocket every time i had to kill one of them(didnt find the thermal scope till second play through nore did i find out till then about the hand cannon.) now the one enimey i avoid like the plage IE i hear one i turn off my light stand stil and look for it is the witch from LFD 1 and 2 nothing says "OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!" like running into one of those in the dark.......
Oh god, the Witches. In the PC version a friend of mine was messing around offline and asked if I would take over for a bit. Little did I know that he had spawned 20 OF THE THINGS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER WITH THE CONSOLE COMMAND!
Damn near punched him for that.

Bakaferret

Jun 18, 2009
WolfEdge said:
God. DAMN. Re-Deads.

Ever since Ocarina of Time, I could NEVER just walk up to a re-dead and go to town on him. Even though I'm perfectly aware that they're easily stun-locked to death, I always have to carefully approach, and eliminate, every single re-dead in the room with meticulous and vicious precision. Majora's Mask actually made it worse, believe it or not, when they would dance while you wore the Gibdo mask. I always sort of thought they were mocking you...

And don't even get me started on the Re-Deads from Wind Waker. Make fun of me if you must, those things were the stuff of nightmares...
No joke, Re-deads started my irrational fear of video game zombies. Ever since I saw them creeping and moaning everywhere they went, I can't play a video game with a zombie in it without locking up with fear. Any other creature or monster is no problem! But zombies...ugh...

I just started playing the original Half-Life for the first time about a year or so ago...anyone who has played that game knows that the graphics are laughable when compared to today's standards. But I'm serious, it took me MONTHS to gather up the courage to beat that game...

Oddly enough, this fear does not transfer over into movies. Movie zombies make me laugh. :D

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
The trolls in oblivion. That freaky screech, and i expected them to be more like the LOTR trolls, not dnd trolls.

wizzerd229

Man of many Ideas
May 22, 2009
used to be deathclaws b4 dart gun, but now, it is albino radscorps, those fuckers die hard

DerpyDerpyDerp

Mar 27, 2009
It has happened lately. The last one I had a problem with was the Deathclaws from Fallout 3. I was more or less cruising through that game until I ran into those for the first time. What a pain.

SeriousSquirrel

Mar 15, 2010
For me it would be the Dark Jedi from KoTOR, while you get to the point that you can just crush them instantly, the first time I ran into one I got my ass handed to me.

Oddly, the first one you run into is a trainee, who doesn't have a lightsaber

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
Lubu.

Mother.fucking.Lubu.

When you met that son of a ***** in Dynasty Warriors 2 you could not help yourself from shitting your pants, from his 2-meter stature to his never ending health bar, he was not to be trifled with.

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
Pretty much everything in STALKER. The minute you drop the guard is the minute you end up with a Bloodsucker giving you a hug.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Those lizardmen from resident evil.

When they started appearing, you knew that every time you opened a door there was a chance of them leaping towards you and trying to claw your head clean off, which, a couple of times, they did. Shotguns were the best defence, but if you started to run out of shells, you could pretty much wave Jill or Chris goodbye.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Marlboros in Final Fantasy. No other enemy has been so consistently deadly throughout the series except possibly Tonberries, and they have a viable solution- use your less-experienced members.

Remember kids: smoking makes you confused, poisoned, blind, slow, berserk, and occasionally paralyzed.

Edorf

May 30, 2010
Why fear them when you can kill them instead?! YEAAAAH
... Maybe Scions in ME2 or Juggernauts in MW2