English Breakfast!

Dec 14, 2009
FrostyChick said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Two words:

Hangover cure
How about nope.
All just anecdotes I'm afraid, there are no scientifically endorsed hangover cures, well other than time.

Oh, and for me, on the rare ocasion I have a fried breakfast I hold the mushrooms and tomatoes, add an extra sausage and a good serving of black pudding.
As for teas, well anything will do, just no milk and as much sugar as I can get past the sweetness police.
How about, you're taking this a bit to seriously.

It's not like I was subtle about the humour or anything.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Risingblade said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Risingblade said:
Just looking at the makes me want to throw up >.<

I don't appreciate that kind of negativity. You're ruining it for everyone.

I hope you're proud of yourself.
I'm quite proud actually :D

No cheek from you, or you shall be tasked on the Scorpion Wheel.
Can I get some fruit and yogurt while on said wheel? Less chance of it coming our while spinning

Dec 14, 2009
SnakeoilSage said:
I enjoy a good Canadian breakfast - back bacon, eggs, toast, and hashbrowns.
So an English breakfast then.

Bloody colonials, thinking that replacing a word or two makes it their own.

*sips tea*

Yes, quite.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
The Diabolical Biz said:
justnotcricket said:
For a second I thought you meant the Twinings 'English Breakfast' tea ^_^ Which gets two thumbs up, in any case.
Someone who understands! All I hear is Earl Grey this, PG Tips that.

But English Breakfast is a subtle tea, a refined tea! Tea for the modern gentleman.
I think you can thank our friend Picard for that ;-) If he'd been mad keen on English Breakfast, it would be more popular than Earl Grey now =D

Mind you, I am rather partial to the Lady Grey tea Twinings make...but English breakfast is the tea I learned to drink tea on, the tea of my youth, and the perfect tea to brighten up any rainy morning...

MagicMouse

Dec 31, 2009
The breakfast in that pic looks absolutely disgusting. I guess it is true that English cooking is terrible, lol.

French Toast with peanut butter, and homemade maple syrup is clearly superior.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Kynreave said:
This is all I have to say on the matter.
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1570638/full-english-pizza
That... could possibly be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. I must make one asap!

But yes. English Breakfast (with Twinings Breakfast Tea on the side) could very well be the recipe for a wonderful day.

Damn you Brits, Sweden has nothing on you!

Red Scharlach

Nov 5, 2010
FrostyChick said:
All just anecdotes I'm afraid, there are no scientifically endorsed hangover cures, well other than time.
Depends. Headache after drinking, which is usually considered part of a hangover, is typically a result of dehydration. Thus, water is an excellent and medically recommended hangover cure.

Red Scharlach

Nov 5, 2010
How about this for heresy:

Best breakfast is a vegetarian English breakfast! No sausages, no bacon. Just beans, over-easy eggs and toast. Possibly some grated smoked cheese on the beans. Add freshly squeezed orange juice and a dark cup of finest Assam tea and now I am hungry again.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Fiendish Panda said:
I prefer a Scottish fry-up to be honest. Black pudding, square sausage and potato scones are a must! ;)
My. God. Yes.

Only a scotsman can take english breakfast and improve it. (though I'd note I think there is a black pudding in his picture, it's just hidden under the mushroom)
SckizoBoy said:
The .50 Caliber Cow said:
Give me two pieces of toast buttered and I'm good. You European people are silly.

[sub][sub]Moo! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9iIgQN5uZE&feature=related][/sub][/sub]
Haven't you heard?! Thanks to Great Leader Dave, we're not European any more...
You're welcome. We Daves couldn't have done it without the rest of you non-Daves.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
justnotcricket said:
The Diabolical Biz said:
justnotcricket said:
For a second I thought you meant the Twinings 'English Breakfast' tea ^_^ Which gets two thumbs up, in any case.
Someone who understands! All I hear is Earl Grey this, PG Tips that.

But English Breakfast is a subtle tea, a refined tea! Tea for the modern gentleman.
I think you can thank our friend Picard for that ;-) If he'd been mad keen on English Breakfast, it would be more popular than Earl Grey now =D

Mind you, I am rather partial to the Lady Grey tea Twinings make...but English breakfast is the tea I learned to drink tea on, the tea of my youth, and the perfect tea to brighten up any rainy morning...
Exactly!

Although my favourite is my blend of Earl Grey, Lapsang Souchong, and English Breakfast, all in one pot.

Try it, it's divine.

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
As soon as I saw the title, I knew who the poster was.
Great work as ever, Daystar.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Not being English, or knowing anywhere that serves something like that in the US, I haven't tried it. Of course, I've eaten sushi for breakfast before, so it's not like any of that looks terribly out of place. I'd be willing to try it, even if I didn't like it as food's one of those things that I try something new whenever it presents itself.

If worse comes to worse, I don't like it, but that's not terribly likely. Also, German sausage isn't nasty you limey bastard. XD

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
Aw im gonna have to buy me some stuff for a good old english breakfast now, they are right though that pic is missing black pudding.

Ah one reason why it makes me proud to be british.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
SnakeoilSage said:
I enjoy a good Canadian breakfast - back bacon, eggs, toast, and hashbrowns.
So an English breakfast then.

Bloody colonials, thinking that replacing a word or two makes it their own.

*sips tea*

Yes, quite.
Yup, like an English breakfast. But less greasy, less messy, more edible. ;)

Bloody imperials, toss random items available to family in the northern hemisphere and thinking the result is a national symbol.

*Sips orange juice*

Eh?

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
Red Scharlach said:
Depends. Headache after drinking, which is usually considered part of a hangover, is typically a result of dehydration. Thus, water is an excellent and medically recommended hangover cure.
Removing just one symptom hardly constitutes a cure though.
The rest of the damage is still something that can only really be dealt with over time naturally.