Epic weapons in a game.

J.E.T.

Mar 9, 2009
new weapon on ratchet deadlocked the harbinger it gets a orbital lava bombardment from a statalite lol

SithLibrarian

Mar 20, 2009
I never get tired of using The Ripper from Dead Space.
I love seeing a Necromorph rush at me only to collapse in a heap after having its legs sawed off, hee hee.

GruntOwner

Feb 22, 2009
The Wrench from Bioshock. Sure, other games had similar weapons, but did any of them look as nice?
I believe it has some obsene name like "an Evicerator" or something. Imperial priests use them in 40K, plus they're a favourite among the Sister of Battle. It's a 6 foot long chain saw with a flamethrower strapped to the bottom. Which, if the stats are anyhtign to go by, was probably then coated in an energy field akin to that of a lightsaber.
Hell, ALL power weapons in 40K, not least because you have all the fighting power of a lightsabre, yet all the style of a godlessly tart and ornate longsword.
Hell, ALL weapons in 40K.

Platinum117

Aug 15, 2008
SithLibrarian said:
I never get tired of using The Ripper from Dead Space.
I love seeing a Necromorph rush at me only to collapse in a heap after having its legs sawed off, hee hee.
I completely forgot about Dead space! Some epic weapon in the, personally the first weapon you get was my favourite because of the sound and instant effect you get from it. oh and the fact that you can rotate the firing angle from horizontal to vertical for extra accurate slicing.

Deadarm

Sep 8, 2008
The only sword in WoW that should exist but doesn't. The Ashbringer, though the npc has it which is totally lame that it can't be like a drop. (If you have read my posts before you should know that I played WoW for a long time and hate it and blizzard over Wrath.)
I grew up idolizing the BFG from Doom and the lightning gun (DO NOT SHOOT UNDERWATER) from Quake.
Another that I find epic is the satalite lazer in Gears of War 2. (I've never played the first one.)
The second unlocked sniper rifle in Battlefield 2. (like L964A or something I don't remember)
The rocket launcher from Unreal Tournament that shoots 5 rockets... also the flak cannon.
The warewolf ring from the morrowind xpack... and the whole 5 arrows that do 5k dammage in that same xpack. (It took me 3 of them to kill Vivec and I hit him with a sneak crit on the first one.)
The lightsaber from any Star Wars game except TFU.

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
Indian Water Testing!

Worms...world Party I think

Nothing like casual racism and poisening everyone on the map :D

sokka14

Mar 4, 2009
firing eggs out your backside as a weapon in banjo kazooie was pretty epic.

but seriously, for sheer epicness in weapons, play the ratchet and clank series. RYNO is probably the most epic.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I don't know how i got three pages in without seeing a mention of the BLADES OF CHAOS/ATHENA.

Also, Sonics orignal Spindash.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
The best weapons must be in Serious Sam. There is a pirate cannon! And the "serious bomb" which specifically kills anything within 600 Meters (which is still not enough in many cases).

Moormur

Mar 24, 2009
Epic Weapon?

I would have to go with

http://my.lotro.com/logal444/files/2009/03/laser1.jpg

Jan 29, 2009
Reokue said:
The Electrodriver from Painkiller because it shot shurikens and lightning, and in the upgraded version it had boobs and was on fire.

Yes. That was indeed a shameless fanboy statement and I'm proud of it.

Back to reality. I would have to choose the Gravity Gun from HL2, simply because I could pick up blades and slice things in half with it. That alone wins my vote.
Ah yes, chopping an entire room's worth of zombies in half using a single shot, that was what ravenholm was about!

ZomgSharkz

Aug 4, 2008
From UT, the Trans-locator. Nothing is more fun that teleporting INSIDE of someone and having them explode all over. Hell anything from UT is awesome. Flak-cannon, Linx's gun, lightning gun, and DEFINITELY the ripper.

Also "Prod" from worms. You poked the enemy with a finger (never figured out where you got it from) and they literally move an inch. But it is oh-so satisfying to poke someone off the edge without doing any damage to them.

I'll definitely think of some others later...

topsyturvy

Jan 13, 2009
The railway rifle from Fallout 3, it shoots nails at people's heads which fly off and sticks them on walls.
also the quack-o-ray, ryno, bouncer, mini-turret gun and giant clank from ratchet and clank