Epic weapons in a game.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Pretty much anything in the Ratchet and Clank series fits the bill.
Also, the brush from Okami.
The planet destroyer missiles in Spore were also pretty neat.
And the weapons from Dead Space.

That's all I can think of for now.

rated pg

Aug 21, 2008
Top 3
3. The Redeemer (Unreal Tournament) tied with The Fat Man (Fallout 3)
2. The Spartan Laser (Halo 3)
1. The Lancer (Gears of War)

irishstormtrooper

Mar 19, 2009
Tehan said:
Airstrikes in Mercenaries 2. http://www.screwattack.com/TheArmory All of those.
Meh. Some of the weapons are really lame. I mean the explosion for the "Laser Guided Bomb" is pathetic.

Dreamaniac

Mar 9, 2009
Jak 3: Supernova (A mini-nuke, complete with Mushroom Cloud!)
Ratchet and Clank (All games): ... WHERE DO I FREAKING START? Well, there's the gun which turns all enemies into ash, or the one that causes lasers to rain from the sky, or the liquid nitrogen gun, or the various weapons which turn your enemies into exploding barnyard animals, or either of the saw-blade launching guns that have an optional lightning attachment, or the gun that shoots a bomb that launches more bombs when it explodes which launch even more bombs (with napalm) when THEY explode...
So yeah.

bvaisius

Mar 25, 2009
Any of the Stones in the Fire Emblem games that turn you in Dragons or the Harpoon gun from crackdown there's nothing quite like driving around the city driving over thugs with a bunch of people with rag doll physics flopping around your car because there harpooned on

Bofus Teefus

Jan 29, 2009
I've got RE5 on the brain, so we'll go with weapons from it. There are three, and they aren't epic in the sense of efficiency or potency against enemies (or ability to kill at all for that matter), but make for some great fun.

1) Rotten eggs! You can kill zombies with an egg, for piss sake!

2) Flash grenades. You can kill bugs with them, whatever. The real fun is when you're playing co-op, and you turn to your friend, yell "I cast Flare!" and blind them with one.

3) Plain old eggs. I just had a full blown egg battle with someone on the little island with all the chickens. They're also great to use on zombies while being attacked. The response from the other player is priceless. "WTF did you just throw an egg at that zombie for?"

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
The Blades of Chaos leveled all the way up. It burns so good going in and coming out.

Crash486

Oct 18, 2008
GrimRox said:
GuerrillaClock said:
I'm sure I posted on a thread like this one yesterday but, anyway, same answer now as it was then;
Cerebral Bore.
Hells Yes! And the Nuke from the same game!
There was a nuke in Turok 2? I don't remember such a thing.

How has no one said crowbar yet? I'll say it, "crowbar."

GRoXERs

Feb 4, 2009
HMWSR X (Highest spectre sniper rifle) + High explosive X rounds + 2 Rail Extension VIIs for a total of 625 damage per shot, but with an instant overheat.
Each shot is an instakill on pretty much anything, and it's a knockdown, too, even on the largest enemies.

Oh my god it's fantastic, but you'd damn well better hit what you're aiming at.

Edit: Oh right. That's from Mass Effect, you guys.
Edit2: Almost forgot: with the Master Assassin ability, you get a 225% damage boost. That's 1406 damage, which is frankly ridiculous.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
In Morrowind I had a Daedric wakizashi that I enchanted with a Damage Health effect so that my shortblade-wielding mage could have the damage-dealing fun of a warrior class. Combined with the Soul Drinker, which I picked up on a Mages' Guild quest, I could keep that thing at max enchant more or less at will.

GrimRox

Feb 22, 2008
Crash486 said:
GrimRox said:
GuerrillaClock said:
I'm sure I posted on a thread like this one yesterday but, anyway, same answer now as it was then;
Cerebral Bore.
Hells Yes! And the Nuke from the same game!
There was a nuke in Turok 2? I don't remember such a thing.

How has no one said crowbar yet? I'll say it, "crowbar."
It was called a nuke, it was the gun you built after going to all the Oblivion worlds. It blew up everything in sight!

Atvomat_Nikonov

Jul 2, 2008
Shadow Law said:
The top sniper (and real life gun) from COD: WaW the PTRS Bolt Action Rifle with scope.

[nitpick]The PTRS was a gas-operated semi-automatic anti-tank rifle [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PTRS]. Treyarch just shoveled it in the the bolt actions because they didnt want it to have its own special category.[/nitpick