Erin and Hobbes #2

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Looks like that review copy of Black Ops 2 she got is being put to good use now XD

ARCTIC_EAGLE

Dec 31, 2011
LOL Hobbes needs to tackle someone, I love this though Calvin and Hobbes + video games = awesome

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
canadamus_prime said:
Black Ops II corrupts absolutely.

EDIT: Correction: XBOX Live corrupts absolutely.
'

I was going to correct you but you caught yourself :p

I miss calvin and hobbes now... thanks alot guys for opening up old wounds! /cry

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
Glomping Erin seems like a dangerous idea.
Hobbes is a tiger, your argument is invalid.

Also, he does not Glomp.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_G6WFxXAIbsY/TJFbMil2XaI/AAAAAAAAAnc/gyB7KzGhV3M/s1600/Calvin-and-Hobbes-door.jpg
Far more destructive

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
No.

No, No No No No.

See this is the problem I always have with people "Revisiting" classic cartoons. They always feel they have to make it darker. Like having Charlie Brown kill Lucy for pulling the ball away. Or Calvin's parents putting him on anti-psychotics.

The old strips' innocence is what made them good. Well, C&H was also good because of the way Calvin and Hobbes would tackle existential questions, but that's another story.

People using the characters like this is just stupid. It's basically saying "hurr, hurr, Hobbes is Swearing!"

The only time I've seen classic characters used well were those Bacon and Hobbes strips.

These Erin and Hobbes strips come across as the writers just saying "Hey LOOK! We're Using characters from another cartoon! Like Us because you like them! Do you like us yet?"

...then again, that's kind of what Crit Miss has been doing ever since Erin's hallucinations started. hmm...

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
snekadid said:
canadamus_prime said:
Black Ops II corrupts absolutely.

EDIT: Correction: XBOX Live corrupts absolutely.
'

I was going to correct you but you caught yourself :p

I miss calvin and hobbes now... thanks alot guys for opening up old wounds! /cry
Let me soothe your wounds. Warning: Good luck leaving this site: www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2007/01/01

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! DON'T DO THIS! THIS IS NOT NEEDED!
Look at what Krantos said. He's right. Although I don't mind Erin's video-game hallucinations, I do greatly mind watching my old innocent friend Hobbes turn into the worst stereotype of an XBox Live player.

Don't. Do. This.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Pfft, everyone knows that plush tigers can't snipe for shit.

[HEADING=1]lrn top ply noob!!11one[/HEADING]
Yeah, tell me about it...

And Black Ops 2 isnt really all that bad yet. I still think we have tell January till it gets broken and most normal people give up on it.

Dec 14, 2009
Krantos said:
No.

No, No No No No.

See this is the problem I always have with people "Revisiting" classic cartoons. They always feel they have to make it darker. Like having Charlie Brown kill Lucy for pulling the ball away. Or Calvin's parents putting him on anti-psychotics.

The old strips' innocence is what made them good. Well, C&H was also good because of the way Calvin and Hobbes would tackle existential questions, but that's another story.

People using the characters like this is just stupid. It's basically saying "hurr, hurr, Hobbes is Swearing!"

The only time I've seen classic characters used well were those Bacon and Hobbes strips.

These Erin and Hobbes strips come across as the writers just saying "Hey LOOK! We're Using characters from another cartoon! Like Us because you like them! Do you like us yet?"

...then again, that's kind of what Crit Miss has been doing ever since Erin's hallucinations started. hmm...
SpiderJerusalem said:
Krantos said:
No.

No, No No No No.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

This smacks of laziness. The same kind of inane garbage that Waterson has spoken against in regards why he never licensed Calvin and Hobbes anywhere. This, if anything, is validation of his point.

Man, nothing brings out the condescension of others more than a slightly unoriginal comic strip, huh? :D

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
Krantos said:
Nooners said:
SpiderJerusalem said:

Heh, see, now I found it totally hilarious.

It isn't simply, "Look how funny it is when Hobbs uses naughty language." It's more, "Call of Duty on X-Box live would corrupt even Hobbs."

Anyway, I was surprised to see that Calvin and Hobbs has a borderline religious following.

I guess I need to read Garfield Minus Garfield with new eyes now, and consider that there might be huge fans of Garfield offended to outrage by the corruption of the strip.