Erin and Hobbes #2

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
Calvin not having an xbox does not surprise me. His father was staunchly against getting cable remember?

Hobbes becoming affected by Xbox live is cute, but wonder if these guys ever come up with a concept and totally think "we're going to burn for this one" in one sense or another.

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
Krantos said:
You're problem seems to be that he uses characters from other sources and doesn't try to keep it 100% in spirit. Do you know how spoofs work?

Krantos said:
Like having Charlie Brown kill Lucy for pulling the ball away.
But that's hilarious! Charlie taking out his anger on Lucy for always pulling that prank makes sense.

Krantos said:
It's basically saying "hurr, hurr, Hobbes is Swearing!"
Nope

Uszi said:
It isn't simply, "Look how funny it is when Hobbs uses naughty language." It's more, "Call of Duty on X-Box live would corrupt even Hobbs."
That's what it is.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Scrumpmonkey said:
Yeah... didn't Erin once threaten to "Cut a *****" just for wearing an Octopus hat? 0_o
She also uses firearms to deal with spiders.

canadamus_prime said:
Black Ops II corrupts absolutely.

EDIT: Correction: XBOX Live corrupts absolutely.
I dunno. I can't remember ever being called a ****** on Rock Band.

fix-the-spade said:
Hobbes is a tiger, your argument is invalid.
Erin deals with Kratos. I win.

Krantos said:
See this is the problem I always have with people "Revisiting" classic cartoons. They always feel they have to make it darker. Like having Charlie Brown kill Lucy for pulling the ball away. Or Calvin's parents putting him on anti-psychotics.
this is nothing like that. It's Hobbes through the filter of Erin's screwed up head. This isn't a Calvin and Hobbes reboot. In fact, when we saw Kratos with Calvin, he was enjoying riding down a hill on a sled with a little boy. Neither the sled nor the boy were being horribly maimed in a quicktime event.

Plus, as was already said:

canadamus_prime said:
Black Ops II corrupts absolutely.

EDIT: Correction: XBOX Live corrupts absolutely.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Oh wow, some people have managed to follow Critical Miss for a long time without learning the definition of a parody...

How dare you Grey! Putting out slanderous filth like this! Cartoons are srs bsns dammit!

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Nile McMorrow said:
Scrub Cannon? What on earth is that?
Probably the RPG/SMAW (Mostly RPG)

I grinded up for Diamond Camo from nothing for Launchers yesterday. So much rage from everyone else.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
It has the Calvin and Hobbes feel to it, but I think that Calvin would be more in line with what's happening in the comic.

Also, totally necroing an old link so I can spread Calvin and Halo.

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/ch.html

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Nile McMorrow said:
Scrub Cannon? What on earth is that?
Well, if Twitter is to be believed, he got the BlOps 2 rage comments from resident spud Miracle of Sound, so for whatever it means, you gotta ask him.

I'll take a wild guess here though and guess it means something along the lines of noob tube ('scrub' from what I can recall meaning from my little brother's screaming, is someone who isn't good at the game, or at least something along those lines).

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
Krantos said:
No.

No, No No No No.

See this is the problem I always have with people "Revisiting" classic cartoons. They always feel they have to make it darker. Like having Charlie Brown kill Lucy for pulling the ball away. Or Calvin's parents putting him on anti-psychotics.

The old strips' innocence is what made them good. Well, C&H was also good because of the way Calvin and Hobbes would tackle existential questions, but that's another story.

People using the characters like this is just stupid. It's basically saying "hurr, hurr, Hobbes is Swearing!"

The only time I've seen classic characters used well were those Bacon and Hobbes strips.

These Erin and Hobbes strips come across as the writers just saying "Hey LOOK! We're Using characters from another cartoon! Like Us because you like them! Do you like us yet?"

...then again, that's kind of what Crit Miss has been doing ever since Erin's hallucinations started. hmm...
Weve got another in the works that may change your mind, its going to be a mini arc.

I feel the same way with Watterson's work, those fucking window decals of "BADASS" calvin taking a piss have always rubbed me the wrong way. When Grey pitched the idea I was very skeptical and immediately refused, but then we talked over what we could do with the concept and we came up with a pretty good idea. So I hopped on board.

I don't really want to do wrong by Watterson.

Nihlus2

Feb 8, 2011
Hobbes lasted that long? Huh, guess (imaginary) tigers have a higher level of tolerance and patience for blops than the average player of it does.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Cory Rydell said:
Weve got another in the works that may change your mind, its going to be a mini arc.

I feel the same way with Watterson's work, those fucking window decals of "BADASS" calvin taking a piss have always rubbed me the wrong way. When Grey pitched the idea I was very skeptical and immediately refused, but then we talked over what we could do with the concept and we came up with a pretty good idea. So I hopped on board.

I don't really want to do wrong by Watterson.
Fair enough...

I'll stick around to see where this goes.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
About 20 minutes? I would have believed ten.
No no. 10 is MOBA timeline.
He's playing on XBL. If MOBAS has XBL, he'd be like that in 2 minutes.
o.0
I don't think there's enough profanity for such an unholy combination ...

>.>
<.<

who wants to try and get LoL on XBL JUST to watch the fireworks, cause I do

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Krantos said:
No.

No, No No No No.

The old strips' innocence is what made them good. Well, C&H was also good because of the way Calvin and Hobbes would tackle existential questions, but that's another story.

People using the characters like this is just stupid. It's basically saying "hurr, hurr, Hobbes is Swearing!"

The only time I've seen classic characters used well were those Bacon and Hobbes strips.

These Erin and Hobbes strips come across as the writers just saying "Hey LOOK! We're Using characters from another cartoon! Like Us because you like them! Do you like us yet?"

...then again, that's kind of what Crit Miss has been doing ever since Erin's hallucinations started. hmm...
How is this strip any darker than the original series? In his imagination his parents are trying to kill him or the countless of snow art out there is actually darker than this.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
It's funny because role reversal! Normally, Calvin would be the character on the sofa, while Hobbes would be the voice of reason! Hahaha!

Not the highest brow of humor, but it's not like we come here for that anyway. Though, if giving Hobbes to Kratos makes both of them calmer, then I call it a win. The dude looks like he could use an invisible tiger friend.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Uszi said:
Krantos said:
Nooners said:
SpiderJerusalem said:

Heh, see, now I found it totally hilarious.

It isn't simply, "Look how funny it is when Hobbs uses naughty language." It's more, "Call of Duty on X-Box live would corrupt even Hobbs."

Anyway, I was surprised to see that Calvin and Hobbs has a borderline religious following.

I guess I need to read Garfield Minus Garfield with new eyes now, and consider that there might be huge fans of Garfield offended to outrage by the corruption of the strip.

Borderline?

That line was crossed long long ago.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
About 20 minutes? I would have believed ten.
No no. 10 is MOBA timeline.
He's playing on XBL. If MOBAS has XBL, he'd be like that in 2 minutes.
Lunar Templar said:
o.0
I don't think there's enough profanity for such an unholy combination ...

>.>
<.<

who wants to try and get LoL on XBL JUST to watch the fireworks, cause I do
I quite agree. It seems unfathomable!

Wait, what is this...?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10079-Guardians-of-Middle-Earth-Review

http://mlblogsajroxmywhitesox.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/oh-no-god-oh-dear-god-in-heaven2028geekdetails-files-wordpress-com29.jpg