Escape to the Movies: 2 Guns

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I'm glad our weekly dose of Bob's movie review wasn't sullied by the Smurfs. Thanks Bob! :)

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Brief episode, guess we really are in a movie drought.

God do I hate this period in time; nothing interesting is released in movies or video games, and all that is left to do is to revisit classics/media from last year.

Ugh, also it's surprising that this movie was just ok, I thought that 2 Guns was quite lazy, but it's nice to know that it's at least functional.

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
To lend credence to how underwhelming and by-the-numbers Bob said it is, I hadn't even heard of 2 Guns before this review.

Though seeing as
1) I'm a sucker for mindless action films,
2) I really, really like Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg,
3) Bob gave it an "eeh, it's alright", I'll probably end up watching it on a lazy sunday afternoon in a few weeks time.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
Never heard of 2 guns, most likely since word about it has been drowned out by the media bombardment of the Smurfs, god I can't wait for the ads to leave the air any sooner.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
EDIT: Had to post a NSFW warning for the Brad Jones review of Smurfs 2.

I don't blame Bob for drawing the line on reviewing Smurfs 2. That and the first one are torture even the US government would not inflict on its enemies.

That said, I am enjoying Brad Jones and his friends offer their two cents on Smurfs 2.

Short version: It sucks and anyone that sees it will be driven into fits of rage that would have the Hulk tell you to take a deep breath. Worst part is that this movie was Jonathan Winters' last film before passing away. Plus Brad and company are shirtless in the video so enjoy the sexiness, boys and girls.

Long version (Seriously NSFW): http://thecinemasnob.com/2013/08/01/midnight-screenings-the-smurfs-2.aspx

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
As someone dragged to the Smurfs babysitting my niece, I can empathize with Bob here. I too am haunted by the nightmare of that film, it's dull lifelessness injecting itself into my brain every time I try and sleep.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Someday Bob, you will promise a fan that you will review any movie they choose.

I hope they choose Smurfs 2.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Gilhelmi said:

And that is why he'll never do a Child's Play auction ever again...

The bar for this year is so low, we're practically playing review limbo at this point...

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
That's great that you didn't subject yourself to the Smurfs.
I would see 2 Guns but today the world premiere of Pacific Rim finally managed to scramble over to my country.
So I'm gonna go see that.

Henson

May 19, 2011
I'm just wondering: if they do a sequel, what do they call it? 2 Guns 2? 4 Guns? Gun2s? Wahlberg's Guns?

Dec 14, 2009
I lost focus part way through there when Bob said 'could care less'.

I think I passed out from blind rage for a second...

Sounds like a fun, but forgettable movie.

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
I was hoping Bob would talk about Europa Report. Like many, i had never heard of 2 Guns either, but i hadn't heard of Europa Report until last Wednesday.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
The Gentleman said:
Gilhelmi said:

And that is why he'll never do a Child's Play auction ever again...

The bar for this year is so low, we're practically playing review limbo at this point...
Does.... Does an episode like that really exist? An Episode where Bob give a tortured but hilarious review of a movie no one in their right minds saw?

Oh please tell me that episode does exist. That would be superb.

franksands

Dec 6, 2010
1. This movie is based on a comic called 2 Guns
2. There is already a sequel to the comic called 3 Guns
3. I completely understand not wanting to review Sumrfs 2, since it would cost a bit of your sanity to watch it, but sometimes it's interesting to watch a terrible movie just to tear it apart and make fun of it.

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
Wouldn't the reason bob gave for no smurfs 2 review be a weaker version of an excuse which could have been applied to fast and furious 6 (which had not only one horrible movie preceding it, but 5), yet which bob still liked? (Transformers could probably also go in there)

Not a chance of me going to see smurfs 2 either, but looking at his past videos doesn't seem like bob has anything against reviewing movies which everyone knows will suck.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Just want to say that Savages was a terrible movie, way too long and slow.

Also terrible endings, and I actually mean endings.

A3sir

Mar 25, 2010
Not good enough Bob, I was expecting Smurfs 2, your fans demand you go and see it.