Escape to the Movies: Avengers

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
I haven't seen Iron Man 2, Thor or Captain America yet, but I have them all ready on standby.

Me and my fiancee are gonna sit down, watch 'em all, then go see The Avengers.
Isn't it fun to share the experience of Marvel movies with a love one?

I went to see the movie with my fiancee on our engagement anniversary and we loved it. It is our new favourite super hero movie.

The things that I loved most about the movie was that it was a great movie that didn't feel the need to hide its identity as a superhero movie in any way and that it combined drama and comedy so well.

MPerce

May 29, 2011
Saw it at midnight. This movie really is the biggest miracle since Lord of the Rings. I'm still having trouble believing they pulled it off.

I walked out after the mid credits scene, so I missed the after credits scene. All of my rage. It just gives me another excuse to go see it again. :)

Oh, and I'd pass on the 3D. It doesn't detract from the movie, but it doesn't exactly add anything either. Save your money and get brighter colors.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
I'm drawing a blank on what the new dimension of Agent Coulson was that redeems the second act of Iron Man 2. Didn't he only show up for a few seconds to give Tony some of his fathers stuff before going to find Thor's hammer? And what was specifically wrong with the second act?

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Really, the best thing I can say about this movie is that it has evoked in me a feeling no movie has given me in a LONG time:
I didn't want it to end.

omegawyrm

Nov 23, 2009
I'm surprised no one's talking about how they
killed Agent Coulson. He'd really grown on me over the past few movies and I totally didn't see that coming. It was pretty much the only bit of the movie that genuinely surprised me.

First Star-Burns and now this. Are no tertiary characters safe?

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
I don't recall Black Widow, or whatever Johannson's character is called, being anything other than a normal human being, so why does she fight alongside the Avengers? Does she have any superpowers beside boobs? Also is she actually holding a tiny pistol in one of the scenes or is that a cleverly disguised death ray of some sort? I sure hope it's the latter.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Also, I didn't expect to cry while watching this movie...

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Saw it three days ago. I've got the feeling Bob liked it even more than I did. But then I don't read comics.

Great movie, want more. MOAR PLZ.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
Smertnik said:
I don't recall Black Widow, or whatever Johannson's character is called, being anything other than a normal human being, so why does she fight alongside the Avengers? Does she have any superpowers beside boobs? Also is she actually holding a tiny pistol in one of the scenes or is that a cleverly disguised death ray of some sort? I sure hope it's the latter.
She is quite the talented fighter and super agent. Her talents get shown well in the film. She gets to kick ass like as well as the guys do.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Just saw The Avengers-OHMYGODTHISMOVIEISSOFREAKINGINCREDIBLEEVERYTHINGABOUTITBLEWMYFREAKINGMINDYAAAAARGH!!!!!

...Also, I thought Bob's top three superhero movies of all time were Superman, Spider-Man and Watchmen, but now it's The Dark Knight?

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I was excited about going to see this, then everybody went to see it while I was at a funeral and didnt tell me about it.

Now I've completely lost interest.

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
Man all these people saying Whedon shows his TV roots and doesn't know how to frame a shot can suck a dick. There was a BEAUTIFUL fly-through during that big climax where you see Black Widow fly by on a stolen alien motorcycle plane, who passes Ironman engaging in a mid-air duel, who flies past Hawkeye holding his ground on a rooftop, who turns and shoots an arrow past Thor and The Hulk on the back of a giant robot snake, which crashes into the ground near (iirc) where Captain America is tanking it out with some dudes on the ground, all in one straight cut. It's EXACTLY the size and scope I have wanted out of a superhero movie FOREVER.

It's SO DAMN GRATIFYING to finally a superhero movie climax at a huge scale, rather than just dudes punching eachother in an alley. Or dudes punching eachother on a rooftop. Or dudes punching eachother in a falling airplane. Or dudes punching eachother in a collapsing warehouse.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I wont lie, thats a big weight of my shoulders. I really thought it was gunna be subpar. But to hear its living up to its name makes me really happy.

eNTi

Sep 8, 2007
it was good... but not the best. some major things seem to just happen without any real background. like the hulk coming back and actually finding them in time... he really was pissed and had no reason coming back?