Escape to the Movies: Avengers

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
LAME!! I sat through the whole credit roll for nothing, and it turns out they added in another scene later on? Injury, meet insult :mad:

Can anyone tell me what it was?

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
Yeah, Bob getting all hyped up was funny given how I'd already seen it at the time, but I was looking forward to this, it's a great movie and deserves to be praised: It is the perfect Action Movie.

I'm Team Thor all the way for the record.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Agent Larkin said:
I wish my cut of the film had the "Joke" in the stinger but oh well.
I could tell what basically happens if you like if you don't think you'll be able to actually see the scene for a while unless you have already.

Killing_Time said:
I am totally willing to bet that there'll be a scene after the credits of The Amazing Spider-Man that reveals he will be in The Avengers 2.
Yeah I'm pretty sure Spider-Man movie rights are in a similar deal as the X-Men movie rights are owned by Fox they all exist in the overall Marvel Universe but they shall never meet on the Silver Screen so long as Fox follows it's contract which needs them to keep making Mutant films to keep the licenses to all extended Mutants 1st affiliated with the X-Men comics so you won't see them joining the avengers or fighting them or even walking done the street without a corporate change/deal and the same thing with Fantastic Four and Spider-Man Only Stan Lee can exist in all of the Marvel Verse so far.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
Andronicus said:
LAME!! I sat through the whole credit roll for nothing, and it turns out they added in another scene later on? Injury, meet insult :mad:

I'm British so I missed it to, but apparently it's just a few seconds of

The Avengers, in full costume, eating shawarma as Tony suggested.

It sounds like the best scene in the History of Movie-Going. Gutted I didn't get to see it.

Azurian

Oct 27, 2010
So what are the chances of seeing a Justice League movie? Or is it even possible to make?

Sperium 3000

Mar 16, 2009
Saw this movie last sunday, apparently it was screened in Brazil before a big chunk of America, which boggles my mind (not that I'm complaining). To make a long story short it was blast, and the revelation after the credits gives me hope that a sequel may be coming in the future, althoulgh not before lots of other marvel movies before it. I know Captain America 2 and Iron Man 3 are already confirmed, and some scenes in the Avengers hinted at (maybe) a movie exclusively for Black Widow and Hawkeye. I'll wait and see what happens.

Also, I agree with what Bob says at the end of the video, since the Avengers paid off it's time for marvel to kick this movie inter-continuity into fifth gear. However, I don't really think anything involving Namor is a good idea. Namor is simply not a good character. My least favorite episodes of the 90s Fantastic 4 cartoon were the ones involving Namor.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
I saw this last week and I honestly can't remember the last time I had so much fun watching a film. I would also argue The Avengers is a better Comic Book movie then The Dark Knight. While the Dark Knight is a brilliantly made film, it feels much more like a detective thriller where the lead wears a stupid costume then anything related to a comic. The Avengers on the other hand feels like someone turned a comic book into a film negative and pressed play. Not as well made, but a damn sight more enjoyable.

Also, anyone able to spoil the second post credit scene?

Urh said:
According to one of the trivia tidbits for The Avengers over at IMDB, the original cut was over three hours long. Hopefully this cut will make it to DVD/Blu-ray?
We can but hope, or kidnap a Marvel executive and make the 3hr cut the ransom demand.

Edit:
Sperium 3000 said:
and some scenes in the Avengers hinted at (maybe) a movie exclusively for Black Widow and Hawkeye. I'll wait and see what happens.
I'd pay to go see a S.H.I.E.L.D spy thriller set before The Avengers.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I am so excited and so glad that it's good. Can't wait to go see it this weekend.

Bob, you should do an entire episode on how hot Scarlett looks as a redhead in that jumpsuit. You should have done that when Iron Man 2 was released :D

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Well, I suppose they could do a story out of the Avengers/Defenders war if they do launch Doctor Strange.

Black Panther should be introduced in a Fantastic Four reboot if he's going to show up at all. Truthfully, I'd kind of appreciate it if they didn't use that character on the big screen for a while after the train wreck that was the whole "Black Panther" cartoon (which I saw on Netflix), which at times seemed like more of an attempt to mock other super heroes and white society in general than anything else, and truthfully with the current politics I don't think anyone can handle the character in the larger arena of media, especially if BET still holds the rights.

Black Panther was originally a pretty cool character, sort of like Batman, his big gimmick for a while was that he managed to take down The Fantastic Four with traps as a personal test for himself to prove he could beat superhumans, before losing to Wyatt Wingfoot, who had no powers and was flying their jet to Wakanda at the time. After which he kind of apologized and went on to be a more straightforward super hero, even if he did have his priority in defending his own kingdom, which also explained why he wasn't always around, and also provided a plot hook to get other characters involved to show up and give him a hand.

Having seen where the character has gone since, I more or less don't trust the current creators out there to cover the material without derailing the entire thing with what amounts to racial one upsmanship and using the character as a focus for political rants... which are things I watch movies to get away from.

At any rate, if I was Marvel right now, given the fate of the X-men franchise, I could see them using Doctor Strange and a few other hero movies to launch The Defenders, and if they can juggle it all having the two teams of heroes blow the crap out of each other before realizing they all got played and teaming up to take down the bad guys.

For those that don't know, The Defenders was a team lead by Doctor Strange to defend earth against otherdimensional/mystical threats. The original idea is that where teams like The Avengers or X-men were handling the regular super villains, science-criminals, and similar garbage, The Defenders were preventing things like Dormammamu or Null The Living Darkness from coming into earth in the meantime and wtfpwning everyone. In the scheme of things it didn't last very long, but it was a cool idea at the time. Something that I wish that had done more with, much like the Iron Man led "Force Works" team.

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Being European and feeling so good about getting The Avengers before a lot of people.
Then feeling bad that I didn't get the extra scene, and my friends and I waited till the entire End Credits and everything.

Merrick_HLC

Mar 13, 2012
Saw the midnight showing last night.

As Bob says not sure if it's "The best" Superhero movie, but what I can say is it's definitely my FAVORITE Superhero movie now, heck it may just be just my favorite movie. Full stop.

It was great action, a great story that gave some great scenes to everyone.

My only complaints are

1-I wish Hawkeye had more scenes (I can understand why he didn't though, and I'm glad he got to be as awesome as he was in-movie as the least established character in it.)

&

2-There 'pause for laughs" should have been a bit longer, maybe it was just being a midnight crowd but there were at least a 3 or so times we were still laughing so hard at one thing we missed a line or two.

Honestly so long as Marvel can keep up the quality, I hope they keep movies going indefinitely.

OH and end-credits thing (Of this show, not the movie)
I doubt Namor would get a solo movie, I think he's considered part of the Fantastic 4 license and thus wouldn't be able to be included in the Marvel Universe.

However, I am hoping for some more cosmic level heroes. Especially Nova (Richard Rider)

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Andronicus said:

The scene last for a about a minute or a little longer it shows Clint Barton, Thor, Tony Stark,Natasha Romanoff, Bruce Banner & Steve Rogers (Out of Uniform basically)all sitting together around a diner table in a half wrecked restaurant eating assorted foods they ordered without ever saying a work just the various noises from them eating with the staff are still cleaning away rubble and debris with a knocked over sign on the back wall.

So for me it was saying after kicking so much ass and coming together as a team and saving the planet and/or the universe we didn't want medals or parades or glory we just wanted something to eat and this place was open.

Sep 14, 2009
TheKasp said:
gmaverick019 said:
TheKasp said:
The magic object is seen first in Thor. During one scene in the treasure room the camera goes by and it is in the hidden scene after the credits. *nitpick*
if you are going by actual storyline timeline, it appears in captain america first.

*scratching your nitpick as it turns into a open wound sore*
Argueable. The scene in the treasure room was when Thor was a kid and in Captain America we get to know that it was stolen from that exactly room. Since we don't get to know WHEN Thor was young (other dimension and such gibberish) I assume it is a fucking long time ago (since Thor has to appear as a full grown man on Earth around the time the godfigure Thor was created in our culture).

Since Tony Starks father was a founding member of SHIELD we can assume that the final scene of Captain America where we see that thingy found is followed by the hidden scene in Thor (we can assume it was in posession of SHIELD during this whole time).

Well, timeline's a *****...
haha all is well, and i understand what you mean with the timeline being "dafuq" between universes, just wanted to nitpick at your nitpick with some nitception ;)

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
Eh, I'm still just gonna rent this one. Captain America and Thor still completely fell flat for me in the second halves (mostly because the movies were just trying to rush into them), and if one of MovieBob's complaints is "the beginning felt rushed", then I suspect I'll have the same problem with it.

To stem the passive-aggressive responses, enjoy this Hulk gif that always cracks me up: