Escape to the Movies: Battleship

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
CroutonsOfDeath said:
Can someone explain that ugly-ass batman thing to me? I don't keep up with everything.. is it a comic? a tv show? eh? :S
A new TV Show for Cartoon Network. It's going to have Alfred fighting with guns and Katana as Batman's sidekick...apparently.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
damn was hoping this was going to be good since navy vs aliens sounded like an interesting plot kinda like if the abyss aliens were actually violent, oh well will probably still see it since im starved for any scifi

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
...It's a movie based off the Battleship board game? Was anyone expecting anything truly great from it?

I think at certain times people need to lower their expectations. I haven't seen the flick, but if I was going to I'd walk into it not expecting it to be good and hoping to be pleasently surprised a little bit.

Really you can't judge it the same way you'd just a movie like Avengers or Dark Knight. You just can't, it's fucking battleship.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
I enjoyed the movie. I was expecting something stupid and downright hard to watch like the transformer movies but I was very pleased and enjoyed the movie.
But I got the sense it knew it was stupid, and enjoyed it on those terms.

Qitz said:
Battleship would have been 10,000X better if the bad guys were actually giant red pins
Well its what their guns fire.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
PsychedelicDiamond said:
I'm gonna ask because someone has to:

Which line?

captcha: rose bud. Thank you for reminding me of a good movie, Captcha. You're a bro.
I know someone already answered, I just wanted to post this because your question reminded me of this scene:

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Qitz said:
Battleship would have been 10,000X better if the bad guys were actually giant red pins that had to strike each other a specific number of times to make them exploderate.
Could have also been nice if they had Nappa, Aquaman and a few whales. =p

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
shintakie10 said:
Quiet Stranger said:
What's his problem with Men in Black 3?
MIB 3 has basically everythin workin against it right now. The reason they even started shootin it was, and I quote "Everyone was finally free and we didn't know when that would happen again" so they started filmin. They had absolutely no script when they did this and simply said fuck it we'll figure it out as we go.

That doesn't necessarily mean it absolutely will be bad, but it does put a lot of doubt on the movie.
Ah, so that's why they are using one of the plots from the animated series... again

I don't care, I'm sure I'll like it anyway.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Eddie Valiant walking through Toon Town looked more realistic than the effects in this movie. 10 years from now this movie is going to look like a flushing toilet bowl full of toy ships & water paints.

Sofar the only good movie based on a board game is CLUE.

Oh yeah, here's my prediction for the next game to get a movie.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKfY6SzB9D8

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
even after watching the trailer, it never got me hooked. maybe one day i will rent it on dvd if there nothing else to watch but i can very well live without it.

regarding MIB3. it sure will not be as good as part 1 or 2 but it will be a good watch. me and my wife want to see it. comes out in hong kong next week.

knight4light

Jun 24, 2011
Hey movie bob. today scifi channel is going to air a new original movie called american warships. has warships. and has aliens. and in the preview someone does say something along the lines of "i'm not letting them sink my battleship" which is very close to "the line." Would this possibly be a case where a scifi original movie is actually good and better than its blockbuster counterpart with the same premise? Just a thought. I doubt it. but hey. if battleship sucks so badly. at least american warships dont have to try as hard to pass them.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Taylor Kitch is best placed as a sidekick. He's pretty enough but he just isn't quite good enough to pull off main roles.
Liam Neeson can indeed do whatever the hell he wants, and appears to have a good time doing it. It's just a shame most of films he does these days are a little bit lame.

And giving characters a few snappy one liners doesn't make them rich.
And MIB3 looks like it will at least be fun.
...that is all.

Ashley Blalock

Sep 25, 2011
VoidWanderer said:
Haven't they already made an iconic 'Battleship' movie?

Wasn't it called 'The Hunt for Red October'?
They did make an iconic "Battleship" movie. It was made in 1960 and was titled 'Sink the Bismark'. You can watch the trailer at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054310/

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
likalaruku said:
Eddie Valiant walking through Toon Town looked more realistic than the effects in this movie. 10 years from now this movie is going to look like a flushing toilet bowl full of toy ships & water paints.

Sofar the only good movie based on a board game is CLUE.

Oh yeah, here's my prediction for the next game to get a movie.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKfY6SzB9D8
So... a romantic comedy?

Ashley Blalock said:
VoidWanderer said:
Haven't they already made an iconic 'Battleship' movie?

Wasn't it called 'The Hunt for Red October'?
They did make an iconic "Battleship" movie. It was made in 1960 and was titled 'Sink the Bismark'. You can watch the trailer at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054310/
i read the book that was based on, back in college.