Escape to the Movies: Detention & Lockout

Geek2theRight

May 16, 2011
This really made me want to see Detention, but I can't find it playing anywhere nearby. I went so far as to do the broadest check I could around Atlanta(which is a good 90 miles from me), and nothing. I also get conflicting data. One article I found says it came out on the 13th, but another place listed the movie as "not yet available" and didn't have so much as a rating.

Please help!

T045T

Nov 15, 2011
Gentleman Adventurer said:
Zombine3D said:
Iron Sky, Iron sky, Iron Sky, Iron sky, Iron Sky, Iron sky, Iron Sky, Iron sky, Iron Sky, Iron sky, Iron Sky, Iron sky, Iron Sky, Iron sky, Iron Sky, Iron sky, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Iron Sky! Iron Sky! Iron Sky!

I would love to see a review, but I really don't know were movie bob lives. It might not be playing near him.

I am also impressed that bob is playing Fez and seems to not give a crap about Fish and his comments. Like we all should.

"Enter the following: big nose" Hey, Escapist, that is just cruel.
I just checked, and the Iron Sky website lists a release date of "TBA" for the US, so we might need a little more patience. But I'm sure the producers, being as net-friendly as they are, would gladly hand Bob a preview copy ;)

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
Not interested to see any of those movies, but I do remember watching a big chunk of Torque when I was a teen (didn't watch all of it.), to me, that movie was nothing but another forgettable The Fast and The Furious cash in...but with bikes, which believe it or not, it wasn't the only movie with same concept.

and, for some reason, I don't remember the Motorcycles Kung Fu scene, all I remember from that movie is that the bad guy had a super fast motorcycle, the bad chick was a lebso/bi and had some sort of rapey crush on the good chick, and Ice Cube.

also, KUNG FU ON MOTORCYCLES!! 8D

edit: Goddamn it! ninja'd ><

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Wasn't it Bob who basically said Archie isn't relevant anymore in that one episode of the Big Picture?

Also, I just found out the guy who played Jack on Will and Grace is Larry in the stooges movie. That's, um- Nope, I can't even make a joke out of that. It's horrific.

LZeroK

May 25, 2009
Anoni Mus said:
LZeroK said:
Aiddon said:
Getting acquainted with Fez even if the designer of it is a flaming prick that made comments bordering on racist with the Japanese games industry. Anyway slow week, but at times ya need a break.
"Everyone is a little bit racist" -Avenue Q

If you have laughed at any kind of ethnic joke of any degree then you too are.
If you haven't... Two possibilities, either you are lying, or you are lying and nobody has heard you do it hence you can lie about it!
Laughing at ethnics jokes is not being even the sightless racist.
How is it not?
Because it isn't "real"?
Because it doesn't "harm" anyone?

I'm serious, tell me how?

Aposthebest

Mar 17, 2010
LZeroK said:
Anoni Mus said:
LZeroK said:
Aiddon said:
Getting acquainted with Fez even if the designer of it is a flaming prick that made comments bordering on racist with the Japanese games industry. Anyway slow week, but at times ya need a break.

If you haven't... Two possibilities, either you are lying, or you are lying and nobody has heard you do it hence you can lie about it!
How is it not?
Because it isn't "real"?

Because a non-racist person won't have their decisions affected by it. That's what racism is about,being prejudiced when interacting,in any form, with a person of different characteristics.

Everything else is a bunch of load crap that came along with the 2-word magic combo: "political correctness" and is nothing else that pretentioussnes of non-racism. Because saying the colour black instead of "afro-american" is nowadays a bad word, doesn't matter if the person using the word is not familiar with that term,he should know it since birth I guess.

Oh,and by saying that joking about it is a form of racism is racistic in its own merit. Do you feel that their unique characteristics are something that would make them feel inferior if joked upon? That's as racistic as it gets. Don't you get that making it a big deal is racistic on its own? Unless you make an equally big deal when someone jokes towards caucasian characteristics as well.

Greek people like me are poor by default,scottish and irish drink like no tomorrow, noone likes the french and the british, all USA citizens have low IQ. See those? All those are jokes that could be considered racist,but noone makes a big deal of them,because they are casual jokes. I might say so about the US,but that doesn't mean I won't treat someone I meet from the US as equal and hey,I might even have enough money myself to buy him a drink!

That's the difference between those jokes and actual racism.

LZeroK

May 25, 2009
Aposthebest said:
LZeroK said:
Anoni Mus said:
LZeroK said:
Aiddon said:

How is it not?
Because it isn't "real"?

Because a non-racist person won't have their decisions affected by it. That's what racism is about,being prejudiced when interacting,in any form, with a person of different characteristics.

Everything else is a bunch of load crap that came along with the 2-word magic combo: "political correctness" and is nothing else that pretentioussnes of non-racism. Because saying the colour black instead of "afro-american" is nowadays a bad word, doesn't matter if the person using the word is not familiar with that term,he should know it since birth I guess.

Oh,and by saying that joking about it is a form of racism is racistic in its own merit. Do you feel that their unique characteristics are something that would make them feel inferior if joked upon? That's as racistic as it gets. Don't you get that making it a big deal is racistic on its own? Unless you make an equally big deal when someone jokes towards caucasian characteristics as well.

Greek people like me are poor by default,scottish and irish drink like no tomorrow, noone likes the french and the british, all USA citizens have low IQ. See those? All those are jokes that could be considered racist,but noone makes a big deal of them,because they are casual jokes. I might say so about the US,but that doesn't mean I won't treat someone I meet from the US as equal and hey,I might even have enough money myself to buy him a drink!

That's the difference between those jokes and actual racism.
Well you do have a point there, sir, so I tip my hat to you.

But what I was trying to say to the first person I responded to in the topic is that he should not invalidate the value of the game just because of how he (the creator of said game) speaks of other persons, and I thought that making him see how he does something similar to a lesser degree... But I digress on that aspect.
I guess I should have picked a better example then. Good day.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
And from the moment I saw the motorbikes cross wheels like they think they're jedi, I decided I need to see torque.

Lockdown sounds pretty much exactly like I expected from the trailers. I can see myself enjoying that on DVD for the same reasons that I actually enjoyed alice madness returns, as a nostalgic untintentional tribute to a film/game style that you don't see often anymore.

Detention, however, I had heard nothing about, and now that I have, I really hope it doesn't become one of those movies that's really hard to find.

LZeroK

May 25, 2009
Anoni Mus said:
LZeroK said:
Anoni Mus said:
LZeroK said:
Aiddon said:

How is it not?
Because it isn't "real"?

Because it's funny.

I laugh at what is funny, it doesn't make me racist or dislike the subject of the joke.
Let me tell that Aposthebest made a better, much, much better reply than this piece of circular logic. He made a point and you just tell me that these jokes are something you like therefore it can't have something wrong... Really?
Just because you like them doesn't make it good/evil, that's is when the word subjective comes to mind.

I can do it too:
Let's suppose you like greasy food (have in mind this is a hypothetical situation) but if you eat too much you might get sick.

captcha: she's a witch.
I guess so, depending of whom.

artr0x

Mar 23, 2011
I really hope you'll review Iron Sky; a Finnish movie about Nazis from the dark side of the moon! Amazing movie

DeaDRabbiT

Sep 25, 2010
Aiddon said:
So what? The guy said that Japanese games suck now, and for the most part, you can sort of agree with the guy in theory. Japan has been sitting on it's game design laurels for years now. The biggest market for Japan's games was America, and American audiences don't want Japanese games in their current form.

The guy is entitled to his opinion, and you are missing out on a great game because you can't grow up and understand that everyone is entitled to think what they will about pretty much everything.

Plus way to use talking points. I didn't think you could use talking points when debating the goings on in the gaming industry, but you did? Phil saying Japanese games suck and you saying it's racist is just about the most ridiculous thing ever.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Ok... most interesting thing Bob said... go see "Kill List".

Seriously, GO SEE IT.

Dunno if it's the best movie I've ever seen, but it's one of those I've enjoyed more than I have any right to.