Escape to the Movies: I Am Number Four

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Darth IB said:
Definitely going to see this one, but mainly because I'll watch pretty much anything with superpowers.
It was OK, did what it needed to do. Reminded me of "Copland" which I thought was high drama for people with limited IQ and need everything spelled out. This is sci fi light for the same crowd (A guy wants to keep a low profile, so names himself John Smith... get it!) but, it was a good, popcorn eating relaxing and enjoy it kinda time.

I still want more. I haven't felt moved by a fantasy action pic in a while. Last several greats:
Daybreakers
Dark Knight
Die Hard 4
Harry Potter series is causally awesome

Not a lot else going on out there.

I just watched something with Sam Neil, something about under the mountain on Netflix. What an embarrasment. It is essentially this movie, done very, very poorly. Don't watch it unless you want to see an earlier flick with glowing palmed teens (a metaphor?)

vonseux

Jan 7, 2011
no Bob, no no no no... if you keep this way, the next Transformers review will be something like "micheal bay sucks, anything makes sense, BUT the third act is soo fun... isnt the purpose of films like this to be fun?"
no Bob
no, no

Its getting really close for me to stop coming to this site

Ptwin77

Mar 18, 2011
Admittedly, the teen sci fi book craze has produced some interesting stuff. Exe. the Uglies series (A "utopian" society in which mandated plastic surgery acquired at age 16 comes with a secret lobotomy) the hunger games series (in which a dystopian society throws 24 teenagers into a weird pageant death fight hybrid) and the Incarceron series (in which a people live out generations in prison) as well as others. All interesting, and often quite good.