Escape to the Movies: I Am Number Four

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Huh, Alex Pettyfer and I used to be in the same class in Millfield. So since then he is in a movie and I'm watching a review about said movie. I think he wins.

Its funny, MovieBob says how Alex is built like a model but at school when he said he was a model nobody believed him.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Oh man, Masters of the Universe. Frank Langella acted the hell out of Skeletor. It's up there with street fighter for "Best horrible movie with a GREAT villain"

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
I'm still waiting for Hollywood to take up the Simpsons idea of McBain playing a teenager being beaten up by High School kids. Looks like they are getting closer by the year to achieving this noble aim. Just need to coax Arnie out of retirement now...

Biscotti187

Aug 12, 2009
As someone whos closer to the target audeince I didnt really take the first two parts seriously and just laughed and all the misstepped cliches ... so I managed to wiggle a good time outta those parts because I mostly didnt take them seriously then the last part was fun but almost mostly because the over the top action just seemed to confirm the last two acts and actually looked pretty good. In the end if you go in not trying to take it seriously laugh at the missteps and are with a group of friends you can laugh about the bad moments later with you can probably have a good time. That said I dont think Im gonna see it twice

beema

Aug 19, 2009
That Bulk & Skull reference made me LOL

So laughably cast teen angst superhero movie set to work by Stephen Fry and Michael Bay... no thanks

Sovereignty said:
Sad that Timothy Olyphant wasn't mentioned once.

I keep hoping he'll get a supremely awesome breakout role that'll land him more flicks. Pipe dreams I guess.
This might be preaching to the choir, but have you seen Justified on FX? Olyphant is FANTASTIC in that role, a breakout if there ever was one. I guess it is TV and not film, so not quite the same, but it's still awesome and giving him a nice spotlight. I always find it strange and somewhat frustrating when you can have great actors on great TV shows, but when it come to film the same actors are almost invariably in crappy b/low rate movies where they don't have a chance to shine.

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
Here's my review:

Haven't seen it, but it has Dianna Agron. Therefore, it's automatically good.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
http://www.cracked.com/article_18664_5-annoying-trends-that-make-every-movie-look-same.html

check number 4

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
*dull monotone voice*
"Now serving number: 50,252,402."

...wait a minute that's backwards! Damn it!! Joke fail.

Novaova

Feb 2, 2010
From the clips in the review, it looks like this movie takes teal and orange to a whole new level. It's just awful to look at.

coogs42

Oct 10, 2010
Considering that you mentioned it, what did you think of Stormbreaker, film not book. I personally really enjoyed Stormbreaker, the vast cast and the script had a very British style and, being British, that may be why I enjoyed it, and that may be why it didn't really succeed in America but really succeeded in Britian, besides Pettyfer couldn't have been trying to be a teen girl heartthrob in Stormbreaker as the Alex Rider books are aimed towards teenage boys, in fact, if you want to read a good version of the story I Am Number 4 wants to tell, hunt down the Power of Five/Pentagram series by Anthony Horowitz, also wrote Stormbreaker (book and film), they are brilliant books and I think you may like them. For Stormbreaker, for all the hate, how can you hate a film in which the hero saves the world with a Nintendo DS, fitted with Smoke Bomb, bug finder and communicator.

For more of my film thoughts read my blog.
http;//coogsfilmblog.blogspot.com

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Yeah, I saw the teenager bullshit getting in the way the moment I saw the movie description. But good to hear it's some good fun once it gets going, will probably watch it at home some lazy night when I have nothing better to do ^^

PS
Happy birthday Bob, hope you have a good one :D

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
if you cant say if good or bad... it seems i have to move my lazy ass into cinema to take a look fo(u)r myself.

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
beema said:
That Bulk & Skull reference made me LOL

So laughably cast teen angst superhero movie set to work by Stephen Fry and Michael Bay... no thanks

Sovereignty said:
Sad that Timothy Olyphant wasn't mentioned once.

I keep hoping he'll get a supremely awesome breakout role that'll land him more flicks. Pipe dreams I guess.
This might be preaching to the choir, but have you seen Justified on FX? Olyphant is FANTASTIC in that role, a breakout if there ever was one. I guess it is TV and not film, so not quite the same, but it's still awesome and giving him a nice spotlight. I always find it strange and somewhat frustrating when you can have great actors on great TV shows, but when it come to film the same actors are almost invariably in crappy b/low rate movies where they don't have a chance to shine.

I've heard that a lot... But TV just isn't the same as movies (At least not for me.) And he deserves more big pictures!

spiffleh

Jul 12, 2010
Happy Birthday =D

For the record I thought the movie looked terrible from the outside.. but it's got the chick from glee (who was previously a chick from Heroes) so maybe I'd give it a shot... but only if it's on tv one night in the distant future.