Escape to the Movies: Knight and Day ... also Smurfs

wildcard9

Aug 31, 2008
Seth Green as a vigilante...I had to look up the Hornet to be honest...he was a bit obscure for me...

I don't like it. Unless Green can pull a Jack Black in the King Kong Remake and be more crazy than funny, it might work...But I honestly think Green is wrong for the material. You need stoic and serious with a little bit of humor, not the other way around.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
If it's any comfort, hopefully Tintin will be set in either native Belgium or England. They both work because, honestly, the comics were really vague about where the gang lived.

Lucifer dern

Jun 11, 2010
smurfs movies ow dear... its like when they made spiderman emo to adhear to the fact most of there audience for the movie where... its just blattent hollywood rape.
just to spawn some hollywood h8 you know the crow before brandon lee joined was on its way to becoming a musical with micheal jackson...no joke it really was...
i wanted to be a script wrighter a while ago (yeah even with this spelling) stuff like this just makes me thinck the idea of passionate expression and viewing movies as art just dont exsist...i might take a look at the stuff for games...but that will probibly go the same way...

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
WTF is the green hornet? Also
[HEADING=1]FUCKING SMURF'D! ARE YOU MOTHER FUCKING KIDDING ME![/HEADING] They are making another one of those God-fucking-awful movies where they put a fantasy character(s) in reality, which would be fine if they weren't kids things permanantly set in another reality and only leave them for the sake of a bad live action film, like the mario movie and the various other shit that I can't remember since I blocked those hideous movies out by playing hours upon hours of Prototype. This is a movie that was practically made FOR THE NOSTALGIA CRITIC!

FUUUUUCK YOU MOVIE...

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
On the Green Hornet, it depends on how they work it. It could be great because they go the Darkwing Duck route in that there is the accidental kicking of ass.That as he is bumbling about he accidentally does anything. Though there is going to be a great disconnect because the idea of Green Hornet is cool by people who didn't really get it. That in the fact the current generation has no clue on it, they are going to take advantage of that to make it more marketable. There hasn't been much of it seen yet, so we don't know. It could be rather good like The Shadow.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
Is it just me, or does there seem to be 2 branches to sony cinema, one side which sends out new exciting things and the other, which sends out things desined to sell it's own products, like this (selling 3d tv allbeit indirectly).

jcm0791

Jul 22, 2009
I have always viewed Kato as being to the Green Hornet much as Friday was to Robinson Crusoe. And you know what they said about Robinson Crusoe:

He was the only man to ever have all his work done by Friday.

So, with this in mind, I think that Seth Rogan will excel at the role of playing what is esentially the "anti" Batman.

saintchristopher

Goes "Ding" When There's Stuff.
Aug 14, 2009
am i the oly one who kind of breathed a sigh of relief to see Tom Cruise just plain ol' acting again? It's like, okay phew, he's not hopping around screaming about the dangers of ritalin or whatever, or getting visibly upset on television, or having a weird haircut.

It's like tension has been let out of thew room.

Maybe i'm just comforted by what seems like a return back to what i feel as a status quo. Hell, there's probably some of you who ONLY know Tom Cruise as "that crazy person who used to be in movies."

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Yeah, I know about Romancing the Stone and I am 17. Also, I honestly don't know what you saw in Daybreakers. That movie was very dull and very uninteresting. It was a good idea, just very poorly executed.

Nojh

Occipital Ostritch
Aug 10, 2009
Ahh. Romancing the stone. I am over the age of twenty five but I remember romancing the stone from my childhood. It was probably my gateway movie into romantic comedies. I watched it back when it was on broadcast television on Saturdays or Sundays when all they did was show random movies. And the sequel, Jewel of the Nile... those got released on DVD right? I need to go get 'em...

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
You know what would've been cool? HAve 5 minutes of Bob talking about movies he previously reviewed this month and keep talking about what makes them so good. I know I could talk for hours about why Toy Story 3 is SOOOOO good.
Well, guess I'll go see that again. Or Splice. Or The A-Team.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Loved the jab at Palin.
Didn't know about the Smurfs thing, thanks for giving me something to add to the bile jar.
And as for Seth Rogen? I still don't see why they tapped him for it, and there are better actors they could have chosen, but I don't think his presence will hurt the movie that much (at least I hope not).

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
I've actually seen Romancing the Stone, but it was like 5 or 6 years ago (I'm 19 for the reference). I remember liking it ^^

I had no idea The Smurfs were Belgian, but Bob is right. New York has been done to death, how cool wouldn't The Smurfs in Bruges be? I'd totally watch that movie :D

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Just for the record, so that people don't have run over to Google:

"The Green Hornet" was an old radio-show superhero (he's supposed to be The Lone Ranger's nephew, but it hardly ever comes up,) an rich guy who wears a Robin-type mask with his "dress clothes" and fights crime.

To be honest, the only reason hardly anyone ever "cared" was because when they re-made it into a TV show in the 60s, the "random Chinese actor" they got to play his sidekick Kato was an unknown named Bruce Lee :)