Escape to the Movies: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
You.... Didnt like get him to the greek?

I mean, it wasnt anything mind blowing, but it was a good comedy.

And yet you're looking forward to a remake of Planet of the Apes? Thats just shameful really.

But meh. I may see Pirates. Maybe not, depends in if I can still get in for free where I worked. If not, I'll watch it on tv in a few months/years. Just cause I like that kinda movie where it doesnt have to try so hard to be good.

SapphireD910

Dec 24, 2010
Bad news Bob... they've already got two more planned. Now them being made probably depends entirely on the success of this one. But they already have them listed on imdb as possible movies.

I had no real interest in this film. I learned from Alice in Wonderland and The Tourist, that Johnny Depp doesn't always pick nor equal a good film.

SapphireD910

Dec 24, 2010
Someone I know does want to see this. But I just wont remind them it's out, and hope they forget about it. As I've mentioned to people, I usually agree with Bob's reviews, thus if he doesn't like, I may watch, but I wont pay theater prices.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
sergnb said:
tehweave said:
"This movie sucked."

It's the 4th one. No film series (EVER) has lasting appeal after a 4th one came out.
Ever.
star waaah...
star treeh...
resident e...
James booh...
Aliee...
indiana joo...
die haaa..
rock...
harry poo....
highlannn....
Lethal weaah...

Goddamnit.

Wait.

AHA!
The Dark Knight is a SEQUEL. From a re-boot. With an entirely different cast/writer/director than the original series. If somehow "On Stranger Tides" had a completely different cast and no Jack Sparrow, THEN it might be decent. But with the same characters from the first 3 (minus Orlando and Knightly), I never really believed that the 4th would be good.

I'm sounding like a jackass at this point, and I'm sorry.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
tehweave said:
"This movie sucked."

It's the 4th one. No film series (EVER) has lasting appeal after a 4th one came out.
Ever.
Raise your hand if you liked Harry Potter 4 more than the first film.

*looks for raised hands*

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
tehweave said:
ZeroMachine said:
tehweave said:
"This movie sucked."

Ever.
Raise your hand if you liked Harry Potter 4 more than the first film.

*looks for raised hands*
Well, not that one.

But how about five?

*raises hand*

Six?

*raises hand*

And seven?

*raises hand*

You said that no series has lasting appeal after the forth. Not "no series has lasting appeal in the fourth in a series but ignore the ones after that".

shiaramoon

LRR Stalkin'
Feb 1, 2011
Still gonna go and see it. I know it's just a Hollywood cash-in, but I really do love the character of Jack Sparrow, plus I really enjoyed Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. So I know that sometimes my opinion is not the same as MovieBob. And even if it's not as good as it could have been, I'll probably still find some enjoyment out of it.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Monkey fighting a helicopter eh?

Are they remaking King Kung Fu?
James Rolfe would be happy.

Encurtidos

May 1, 2011
AwesomeFerret said:
AWDMANOUT said:
Please say it's good, please say it's good...

D:

Sucks? But it's a Pirates movie...

I'll still watch it. With no bias. Because I can't imagine a bad Pirates movie.
I'm in the same boat. I thought the first three films were awesome, so I was really looking forward to this.

So, for once, screw you MovieBob! I'm gonna go see this film with my little brother, and I'm going to enjoy it!

Me too! I don't care what the reviews are, comparing it to other movies, I like pirate movies and I like Johnny Depp! Going with my family soon, should be good!

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Somebody should take all the scenes with the Spanish in them and edit them together. That would probably be the greatest short film ever. I was in stitches during the climax of their part of the story.

AwesomeFerret

Apr 28, 2010
Encurtidos said:
AwesomeFerret said:
AWDMANOUT said:
Please say it's good, please say it's good...

D:

Sucks? But it's a Pirates movie...

I'll still watch it. With no bias. Because I can't imagine a bad Pirates movie.
I'm in the same boat. I thought the first three films were awesome, so I was really looking forward to this.

So, for once, screw you MovieBob! I'm gonna go see this film with my little brother, and I'm going to enjoy it!

Me too! I don't care what the reviews are, comparing it to other movies, I like pirate movies and I like Johnny Depp! Going with my family soon, should be good!
Boo yeah! Its a pirate revolution! Screw the reviews, I have pirates!

Sep 17, 2009
Yea I expected as much, I'll probably end up seeing it on FX or TNT one of these days though.

Uhm what is this monkey helicopter movie you speak of?

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
I saw the movie on Thursday (since I live in Australia) and I liked it... kinda. The movie just made me laugh frequently. The story was ok but then again I saw the movie with the thought in the back of my head that without the other 2 mains it's not going to be as good. Jack Sparrow is a good lead chracter but this movie didn't do it right. Also there's a small hint at another one after the credits so stay after them to see it.

Besides if you're willing to wait I'd suggest waiting and watch it on TV and save the money.

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
Sorry to tell you this Bob, but I believe they are making 5 and 6...back to back. So....yay?