Dec 31, 2008
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Captain Jack's charm has worn off.

Watch Video

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
And yet, I'm still going to see it tomorrow, and I'll have my review out after I see it then. ;)

See, I figured that it'll be a cash-in just on Jack Sparrow's popularity, but I also figure that its success will be determined by how enamoured you are with the character to begin with.

Regardless, still going to see it.

Slimshad

Sep 16, 2009
Thank GOD I saw this before the movie. I was skeptical about this one for a while, and my thoughts have just been confirmed. NOT SEEING IT.

Rotting Corpse

Aug 24, 2010
The movie cost roughly $200 Million to make. Johnny Depp also takes Schwarzenegger's crown for most money paid to one actor for one movie. Schwarzenegger got $30 million for Terminator 3 and Johnny Depp got $55.5 million for this.

AWDMANOUT

Jan 4, 2010
Please say it's good, please say it's good...

D:

Sucks? But it's a Pirates movie...

I'll still watch it. With no bias. Because I can't imagine a bad Pirates movie.

MaxFan

Nov 15, 2008
I'm shocked there was any goodwill left toward this franchise after the second movie, let alone the third.

RabbidKuriboh

Sep 19, 2010
that bad huh? shame, haven't been to the cinema in a while, and i can't convince my friends about thor

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
A monkey fighting a CHP helicopter... So Robin Williams VS Eric Estrada?

Oh the other hand MUPPETS!!!!!!!

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
*giddy*

God I love it when Bob rages like an adolescent fanboi. I barely tolerate these movies but listening to Bob get riled up is as much fun as listening to Yahtzee unload on a poorly made game.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
The Transformer movies.

That's all I have to say in terms of your hope that people wont go see it.

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
I did think this was a bit wierd.
It worked as a trilogy, but now this ?
Hmmmf although I am quite interested to see it... but not enough to pay for it.
... definitely not pirating this....
Pardon the pun.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
They changed directors? What?!
I'm gonna go see it in like an hour...but I don't know. No! I must. For the pirates!

Bealzibob

Jul 4, 2009
I'm really dissappointed to be honest, I hadn't really been following the lead up to this movie as Pirates of the Caribbean sits in the "to be trusted" folder of my mind but I was kind of wondering how it would work without the other leading character.

Suppose I'll have to watch it and judge myself but I won't be going to the movies to see it.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Quite frankly I didn't care for the 2nd or 3rd movies either (although the 3rd at least avoided most of the pointless foolishness of the 2nd). I was pretty much expecting this to suck, and now two reviewers I respect have confirmed that. So I guess the only good thing that came out of this was a nice paycheque for Tim Powers, and good on him.