Escape to the Movies: Prometheus

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
MowDownJoe said:
GamemasterAnthony said:
I saw that Wreck-It-Ralph thing, Bob...and like I asked on another forum, since WHEN is Zangief a bad guy?!?
Street Fighter 2 originally came out in the time of Soviet Russia. Therefore, he was a dirty Commie.
how does that make him bad?

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
The movie was overhyped? Good thing Bob didn't have any part in that hype, or else he'd look silly for saying that.

All in all, I thought this was a fair vid. I am disappointed to learn that is IS a prequel. Last I had heard, Scott had said they scrapped that idea and just wrote free. What I want to know is why they stole the Necromonger ships from Riddick

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
GamemasterAnthony said:
2. Ah...good to know. Still...my comment about Kingdom Hearts and/or Tron still holds.
Yeah, even if it's as simple as Sora being a background character (possibly accompanied by Goofy and Donald in their KH garb), it'd be a shame for Disney to not include a character from their own series.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
What is with the pauses in the video?
His delivery/editing is actively making it difficult to hear what he's saying.

Swarmcrow

Dec 11, 2008
I need to ask something. Does this movie Really Explains What de Aliens from Alien is as bob says? cause depending on the answer I may or not see the movie

mattis

Feb 25, 2011
Personally I completely agree Spoony's opinion. This movie is F'ing retarded!
http://spoonyexperiment.com/2012/06/08/vlog-6-8-12-prometheus/

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
it is a good movie and i had a good time watching it. but yes, it did have some plot holes that could have been explained better.
still can recommend watching it though.

ahpuch

Mar 19, 2009
I don't get how bob starts the review suggesting that it might be a victim of overhyped expectations as it is merely a good movie without major flaws. He then spends the next four minutes talking about major flaws.

The fact that the script seems like it went through a rewrite at some point and ended up as two different half explored ideas is a significant flaw. The geologist character is a good example of this. Most of the scenes he seems to be playing hired muscle/grunt but when necessary he is all of a sudden a geologist. It seems they tried to shoe horn two different characters together into one movie. Much of the rest of the movie displays the same character of serving two different sceneplays poorly.

Charlize Theron's character is another example. Great acting but the character keeps implying something more significant that. Evers gets borne out. There seems to be a suggestion that she is going to be a "bad guy" but all she really is efficient and dismissive of others. They clearly dropped the crucial character trait that I won't spoil here.

Prometheus looks good and has some good scenes and some good acting. But the film never fails to do something dumb to force It back into an Alien remake rather than do something smart to create something original. You can go and shut your brain off and enjoy it but the more you think about it, the less you will enjoy it. Over hyped has nothing to do with it. It simply is not that great.

Sid7Zero

Not A Swan Dive
May 30, 2011
I liked it. I'm willing to believe that a lot of the dangling plot devices will make more sense in the director's cut, as is Ridley Scott's modus operandi.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Katatori-kun said:
I'm really not fathoming why this film is getting so much hate
Maybe because of how terrible, stupid, and lore breaking it is.

That's just a guess though.

Katatori-kun said:
While Whedon's Avenger's script was punchy and fun, the movie in general was so much popcorn fluff. Prometheus was actually about stuff, and while not serious sci-fi in the same vein as Contact, Gattaca, District 9, or Sunshine, it still actually attempts to get the audience to think.
Nevermind... we clearly aren't talking about the same movie here. Your movie was profound and thought invoking, mine was so bad that it only got worse the more you thought about it.

Daria.Morgendorffer

Nov 26, 2011
I think I'm going to like this. And the mixed reactions it's getting don't seem to deter me at all. In all fairness, I'm not expecting something deep, and I don't expect that it's going to pretend it's smarter than it actually is (I'm looking at YOU, "The Avengers").

So, I'm keeping hopeful

Zeikier

Dec 21, 2009
I'm very willing to bet the "awesome" scene pointed out from Ralph winds up being to only time in a very brief period where those characters will actually have a cameo.

Granted, I'm still seeing it when it comes out, but I doubt they'll do much beyond that one scene besides "HEY! THESE ARE VIDJA GAME CAMEOS!!"

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
I saw this movie yesterday. I quite enjoyed it. A lot actually. I knew it was an Alien prequel even though everyone kept/keeps denying it. If the hype is ignored (which can be difficult), it'll make the movie even better.

Only thing is that a lot of the plot points are really predictable. I bet you can guess what happens most of the time before it even comes to pass.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
I was expecting some NSMB2 or NSMBU stuff at the end.
Wreck it Ralph has Bowser, Eggman and Wily, best movie ever.