Escape to the Movies: Red

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Looks interesting. Sums up all I thought it would be: good performances, plot soley existing to make action, and good action. In other words, my kind of movie for a rainy day. And also I... *shuriken flies by my head* Ninjas. Damn.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Personally I find Helen Mirren more attractive than Angelina Jolie could ever hope for.

I was already planning on seeing RED anyway but it's nice to see you do a good review again.

Seriously though? "Ninjas, Damn" is what you consider to be a good quote?

wolfister

Oct 20, 2008
This is what I'm going to see for my birthday tonight!

Also I will now be using "Ninjas, Damn" quite often thanks Bob.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Ok I've been dying to see RED since it came out today and OMFG!!! The Warrior's way looks GODLY!!!!

Ninjas......*Breaks down in tears of Joy* THANK YOU GOD FOR NINJAS!!!!

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
In reality "Ninjas, Da-- *head cut off by said ninja*
I honestly think there have been better quotes in movies lately for memeic use.
My favorite meme to come out of this year was inspired by splice. It's Adrian Brody... well, being Adrien Brody
<youtube=ygI-2F8ApUM>
and no I don't know why it's so awesome either

Feb 13, 2008
Yeah, someone older in my life...yeah...some white haired guy probably.

*ahem*

Anyway, Geoffrey Rush (Aka Cassanova Frankenstein, aka Captain Barbossa, aka Peter Sellers) is always a delight to watch.

And Cowboys versus Ninjas? Damn, it's the Deadliest Warrior - The Movie.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
solidstatemind said:
Sixth: I wouldn't blow off an 'Uncharted' movie just off the cuff: it could be the next Indiana Jones, if they handle it right-- and for God's sake, was there any doubt Fillion would be the lead??? Drake LOOKS like Fillion and is named NATHAN. Duh!
I am with you about the movie not being a disaster right out of the gates. It would be a new Indiana Jones since they brought "super" "star" Shia LaBeouf and had to get rid of that franchise. Besides, the game was designed to look like a movie and had just as good of writing as most action films out there (and better continuity than others that we aren't allowed to mention).

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
And Cowboys versus Ninjas? Damn, it's the Deadliest Warrior - The Movie.
Except without the jackasses who are actually ON Deadliest Warrior. But seriously, cowboys fighting ninjas? WHO DO I HAVE TO SACRIFICE TO THE VOLCANO TO MAKE THAT INTO A GAME?! Oh and throw in pirates, wizards, vikings, knights, mummies and robots as unlockable teams.

Plus it's not like I needed another reason to see RED.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Yes! Bob likes it! That makes it 95% likely I will too. Makes it better, since I was going to see this one way or another due to my innate compulsion to give Warren Ellis all of my money.

I've actually liked Karl Urban since his roles on Hercules and Xena. He isn't always in good roles, but I really liked his Dr. McCoy in Abrams' Star Trek. He helped distract me from the utterly stupid plot.

In addition to its own crapitude, I remember Judge Dredd as being from that time where Stallone was ranked Hollywood's most overpaid actor (he was getting $20 million a picture and had a run of major box office bombs in the late 90s) while Morgan Freeman was considered the most underpaid ($6 million a flick and had a string of respectable $60 million+ hits around the same time).

Really looking forward to Warrior's Way, even if my friend claims it's been done before [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067770/].

causti3

Feb 26, 2010
Warriors way looks cool, but I'll only respect it if it gives equal awesomeness to both ninja's and cowboys. Movies think they have to give the show to only one of these legendary asskickers, I want to see them teaming up or going for all out war and showing just how badass they can equally be!

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Ninja's fighting cowboys sounds like a great idea. I was a bit disappointed by the quote though.