Escape to the Movies: The 2010 MovieBob Awards

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The 2010 MovieBob Awards

This week, Bob awards the standout performances in some unusual categories.

Watch Video

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Eh, I was going to get Splice on DVD but didn't have enough money at the time due to buying other things. As soon as I get enough, I'l get it as soon as possible. It better be good Bob!

Jul 22, 2009
I got Splice through the post just yesterday :D I agree that it's an awesome film!

Also still need to watch that last film... I forget its name.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Why do I get the feeling that there is going to be Wallace Wells/Pool Cleaning Robot slash fiction coming up in the near future because of this...
WHY BOB WHY!?!

Also Splice was one of the best movies I'd seen all year not just because it was great but it indirectly inspired this video
<youtube=ygI-2F8ApUM>

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Good on ya, Bob. Was really wondering what movie you were gonna do this week. And, you're right, this year blew for movies.

Also, in before the "don't bash Palin, she's hot" kid Palin supporters gripe about how she's picked on too much.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
I soooo can't wait for Bob's review of Transformers 3. That's going to be deliciously nasty. Also, I'm still counting down the inevitable Avengers flop. If that movie ISN'T a disaster I will be AMAZED.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, not a good year, but would have still liked a definitive best movie of the year. And the avengers sounds like it's going to be really good!

vviki

Lord of Midnless DPS
Mar 17, 2009
I disagree that Prince of Persia was a disappointment. In my opinion it was revolutionary in the sense of being the first movie based on a video game that was OK and not total scheit on a crusty croissant.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Just wondering, seeing as this is at least the second time you talk about absence of good movies in 2010, did you forget about Inception? Just went back to check, your review at the time remarked it as amazing, best movie of Nolan's career (which is no easy competition) and something you loved for both the action and the 'cleverness' of the movie (sorry, I'm against the word cerebral).

In fact, looking back over the movies (and your subsequent reviews), we had a good fight movie (The Fighter), Black Swan where you needed a change of pants for several reasons, an actually decent romantic comedy (Love&Other drugs), Four Lions, The Social Network, Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Toy Story 3, Kick ass, Shutter Island, and a number of others that I don't care to mention for various reasons. Was it really that crappy a year? I mean might've not been anything spectacular, but labeling it crappy seems unfitting.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Maybe the "Ninja's... Damn" line is on a Deleted Scene or is in the directors Cut maybe?

I too was looking for that line just because of MoiveBob's mention of it^__^

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
I loved splice, but I am not sure is I have the cash to buy it.

BlueInkAlchemist said:
Consider Splice on my Netflix queue.
That means an episode of it came from nextfilx will be about splice right? *happy dance*

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
2fish said:
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Consider Splice on my Netflix queue.
That means an episode of it came from nextfilx will be about splice right? *happy dance*
Yes. It'll be on the poll next week, after I get around to reviewing Law Abiding Citizen.