Escape to the Movies: The 2010 MovieBob Awards

Pseudonym2

Mar 31, 2008
I thought Splice was one the most overrated movies a I saw this year. It had a lot of big ideas but they were all stupid or just factually incorrect. I can't say more without spoilers but most of movie were based on ideas that were debunked decades ago.

To be fair, there was a massive drop off on the Sarah Palin show. There are people watching it but not a a lot if that makes anyone feel better.

AngelSword

Castles & Chemo Founder
Oct 19, 2008
Honestly, the Ninjas line not actually appearing in the film is a point in its favor in my book, because by the time the movie was actually released, I had heard the line so fucking much that its mere utterance drove me to hit things, leading me to believe that the movie was nothing more than styled catchphrases over anything that might be narratively engaging.

?From all appearances, that's actually right on the money. I guess I can't fault the line for that, then. >_>

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Bob, it could be worse, the director of the new Godzilla movie could be Uwe Boll.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
I'm shocked they picked Edwards to make the next Godzilla. A lot of bigger directors wanted to do one (even Tarantino is said to have had an idea for one), so why not put it in the best possible hands (well, besides it costing less to hire someone cheap)?

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I thought The Expendables was the biggest disappointment of the year. It had all the elements to be a fun action flick, and a handful of great moments that showed just how much better it could of been. Which is why I felt extremely betrayed by its inability to pull off anything.

HankMan said:
Fine, I'll watch Splice Movie Bob
I've been meaning to see Wildthings as well but I keep forgetting what it's name is
Shameless lipstick lesbian male-gaze pandering aside, Wild Things is actually a good caper flick. Works on the same level as the Wachowski's Bound.

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
I knew he wasn't going to be happy that the "Monsters" director is now directing Godzilla.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
When he Said why to that robot face near the end Does that mean there is gonna be a Transformers 3?

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
It's interesting that Toy Story 3 and Inception (both of which Bob called fantastic movies) have been glossed over both in this video and the previous.
(That said, as I'm a Scott Pilgrim fanboy I shall just be glad he remembered that)

Calling 2010 a bad year for films, on the other hand was...harsh, to say the least, and completely wrong, to take it a step further.

daviejjd

Apr 1, 2009
I dunno Movie Bob i'm becoming less of a fan of yours, for one you spend a very large amount of time on comics and thier movies, and people like the traditional categories because that is what people care about, rather than jokes about pool cleaning robots, make jokes out of your other show and get this one back to it's roots, in the beginning there was one thing MOVIES.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Fox KITSUNE said:
Maybe the "Ninja's... Damn" line is on a Deleted Scene or is in the directors Cut maybe?

I too was looking for that line just because of MoiveBob's mention of it^__^
IT WAS LEFT OUT...damn.

That sucks though, really sucks.

Why would they do that?

BOBdotEXE

Nov 17, 2009
he could always use the "empty weeks" to review older movies most people didn't see....
like Equilibrium or brick, or something.

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
I knew as soon as I saw the "Biggest Disappointment" category mentioned what Bob was going to pick for it. I remember having that same reaction as a child when some line from a trailer of some cartoon movie didn't make it into the final cut and I was devastated.

Please tell me that wasn't Mel Gibson holding Punxsutawney Phil? What a disturbing image.

Next year'll be better, Bob, I hope.

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
Although I enjoyed the episode I really wanted a review for 127 hours... I hope you review it next week because I thought it was fantastic!

MaraJade03

Jan 14, 2010
Poor MovieBob had to suffer through some bad movies. We need another good year at movies like 2008 or 1982. Maybe years with only a 2 and an 8 in them can have a lot good movies?

That pool cleaner is such a cute weird thing. And I'll add Splice to My Netflix queue too.

Novur

Nov 3, 2009
I'm even more pissed than Bob that "Ninjas... Damn." never got uttered. IT WAS GOING TO BE MY NEW MESSAGE TONE!

Oh well, still got the trailer version.

zombied00d

Nov 13, 2009
Fox KITSUNE said:
Maybe the "Ninja's... Damn" line is on a Deleted Scene or is in the directors Cut maybe?

I too was looking for that line just because of MoiveBob's mention of it^__^
Why would a korean movie even have the line "ninjas... damn." In it, it's FREAKING Korean!

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Pseudonym2 said:
I thought Splice was one the most overrated movies a I saw this year. It had a lot of big ideas but they were all stupid or just factually incorrect.
Overrated? It got really poor reviews.

This video was funny, and good, as usual.
I do, however, wish I hadn't watched it, merely because I was blissfully, blissfully unaware of the existence of a Transformers 3 trailer until then.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Well, atleast the pool-cleaning robot won and not Hitgirl.

God, did I fucking hate her.

And let's hope Hollywood doesn't get tired of Mel Gibson, because I could go for another one of his unabashed depictions of an ancient era. We can all agree that he's an asshole, but he's one of the few if not the only big name director that doesn't really give a shit about the audience and makes the movies that he wants to make.