Escape to the Movies: The 2010 MovieBob Awards

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
For best charecter I would personally pick, Castor from Tron Legacy. He pretty much stole that scene :p Anyway, good job overall, keep em coming.

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
Amen to that little pool cleaning robot Bob. I love him :3 I think it was a hard debate between him and the dog :3

Funny because I've know people who loved Monsters and disliked Splice. Either way... that's one Adrian Brody film I will not see because to me "The monster looks hot" is not enough considering I'm straight and a girl :p

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
Alar said:
Maybe I missed it, but... who was the robot character when Bob said 'WHY?' towards the end?
He's from the trailer for the new Transformer movie.

LordVyreth

Jan 22, 2010
I'd say that while this wasn't that bad a movie year, it was a pretty crappy GEEK movie year, so I can understand Bob's complaints. Sure, there were the arty classics like Social Network and Black Swan, as there are pretty much every year. But the summer was a big pile of suck and good movies struggling financially with only a few brights spots. One of them was Toy Story 3, and let's face it, Pixar creating a brilliant movie and financial hit is as expected as the sun rising at this point. It barely counts. And that leaves just an alright Iron Man 2 and the huge Inception to prop up a summer filled with stinkers like Airbender, Prince of Persia, Clash of the Titans, etc.

On the other hand, it was a great year for animation. Not 2009 good, but much better than I expected. I don't think anyone expected How to Train Your Dragon, Despicable Me, and Megamind to all be pretty damn decent and financial successes. It helped us forget those wolf and owl movies at least.

Battle Catman

Jan 3, 2011
Lord_Panzer said:
Did that Transformer have a metal moustache?
Yeah, but see, it's cool 'cause some Transformers had facial hair in the G1 cartoon. Yeah.

Also, I'm surprised the biggest disappointment wasn't "STOOPID PEOPLE DIDNT GO SEE SCOTT PILGRIM!"

FaroeseGuy

May 11, 2010
Well... That was a disappointment.
Yes 2010 was a bad movie-year, but that doesn't mean you can't do a decent awards episode.

And Mel Gibson is awesome, in the movies.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Ivan Torres said:
maninahat said:
daviejjd said:
I dunno Movie Bob i'm becoming less of a fan of yours, for one you spend a very large amount of time on comics and thier movies, and people like the traditional categories because that is what people care about, rather than jokes about pool cleaning robots, make jokes out of your other show and get this one back to it's roots, in the beginning there was one thing MOVIES.
That was no joke. When I watched Paranormal 2 in the cinema, I cheered every time it came on screen. I didn't give a rats ass about the baby, the ghost who kept bumping into the furniture, or the retarded dad. I cared about the pool cleaner. It was like putting Wall-E in an Exorcist movie.
Wait why?
It's just a stupid, little robot that gets limited screen time. But it is also has a charm to it, and there is a mystery surrounding it which makes it appealing. It's mysterious behaviour makes it far more interesting than any of the other characters. In fact, all the other characters are so unlikable/boring, they make the robot look ten times better. The robot becomes the one enjoyable thing in this terrible movie.

faselei

Jul 19, 2008
Alphakirby said:
faselei said:
Monsters was't very good? You're joking! It was subtle, moody, beautiful... it was a bloody masterpiece! Quite british, but you liked four lions so that can't be it. Ho hum, each to their own.
Yeah but Godzilla isn't about pacing,it's about Godzilla destroying half of Tokyo in order to save it from a different monster
I get your point. One of the best aspects of monsters was that the budget required careful and tactful use of the special effects. How he will handle a Hollywood budget is yet to be seen.

Venereus

May 9, 2010
faselei said:
Alphakirby said:
faselei said:
Monsters was't very good? You're joking! It was subtle, moody, beautiful... it was a bloody masterpiece! Quite british, but you liked four lions so that can't be it. Ho hum, each to their own.
Yeah but Godzilla isn't about pacing,it's about Godzilla destroying half of Tokyo in order to save it from a different monster
I get your point. One of the best aspects of monsters was that the budget required careful and tactful use of the special effects. How he will handle a Hollywood budget is yet to be seen.
Hopefully he'll realize bigger budget means more monster screen time and less Jaws effect.

JBJCurly

Aug 21, 2010
Splice is TERRIBLE!!!! Just a warning to all you out there that haven't had to suffer through it yet.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Eh Dark of the Moon can't possibly be as god awful as Revenge of the Fallen was but yeah... Bay is going to shit all over the Transformer franchise once again, hooray.

Upside is I can't wait for bob's review :D

Jacob Davies

Aug 25, 2010
Splice,Criminally underrated? Disagree there. It started off well but then descended into complete comical territory. I mean come on, a mother is supposed to have an unconditional love, soon as Dren takes a swing at her so say Mother, she's strapped to a table getting neutered.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Skyline was the worst film this year by far. IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD. 60% was them sitting there doing nothing while the rest was just cliche. Add really bad, really annoying acting to the mix and I was laugthing half the time and yawnng the rest. Still the dog fight scene was preatty good..... also pointless but still good.

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
I asked the same thing when I saw it at the movies..."Why? Why must you prolong this shitfest? Fuck you, Bay, fuck you."

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I'm pretty sure everyone had a good look at the Kraken Bob.

Anyway, I am too disappointed now that I know that line isn't going to be included. And a new Godzilla movie would suck anyway because there's a lot of them. Seriously!

Good video though.

Nexus4

Jul 13, 2010
I agree, Skyline was the worst piece of shit I have ever seen. It was even worse than The Room, at least The Room was so bad it was funny, whereas Skyline was so bad it was PAINFUL