Escape to the Movies: The Amazing Spider-Man

HigherTomorrow

Jan 24, 2010
MrBrightside919 said:
and it was very nice to hear Spidey actually make smartass remarks, something the older spidey movies did very little of/not at all...
"Here's your change!" is my favorite line in Spider-Man 2.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
To say I saw that coming a mile away would be an understatement...

After Spiderman 3, I don't have much faith in future Spidey movies...unless Marvel gets the rights back, which will never happen unfortunately...

*Crosses fingers for this movie to bomb hard*
Sorry to dash your dreams( and mine) this movie is no. 1 right now in other countries including here in the Philippines.
Guess i'm not crossing them hard enough...
Even to the point of crossing your fingers until your break them, it won't happen why?
because people are sucker for Spiderman.

And this news [http://movies.yahoo.com/news/spidey-relaunches-tuesday-record-35m-153508646.html] doesn't help either if we want the Spiderman movie rights be return to Disney/Marvel.
Forgettable is a word i'd use to describe it...

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*vomits*
I didn't like the movie but I didn't hate it either, it's just that they changed his whole origin story and remove the core of the Spiderman mythos.

I'm with Bob with this that the Marvel movies must be made by Marvel Studios because they are the only few who somehow understand the right direction on how their properties should be put on film.
You're right. I'm pretty sure two years from now no one is gonna remember something special with this movie other than The unnecessary Spiderman reboot.

When you think about it, isn't that the fate Clash of the Titans(2010) suffered if you go back and asked the people who watched it after a year?
Lol, Clash of the Titans is a whole different can of worms...I think that was so forgettable because it was so generic...

I certainly couldn't tell you anything that happened in that movie other than there being a Kraken at some point...

moviedork

Mar 25, 2011
HigherTomorrow said:
MrBrightside919 said:
and it was very nice to hear Spidey actually make smartass remarks, something the older spidey movies did very little of/not at all...
"Here's your change!" is my favorite line in Spider-Man 2.
I prefer the "That's a cute outfit! Did your husband make it for you?" line he said to Bonesaw McGraw in Spider-Man 1.

bat32391

Oct 19, 2011
Roman Monaghan said:
bat32391 said:
Hmm guess I'm in the minority hear because I saw the movie and really liked it. Well except for the stupid cg lizard. But to each their own I guess.
Not even close to the minority. Don't take the chirps of idiot yes men all saying that because Bob said it was bad that they're not going to see it as "the majority." Everyone who saw this movie and then posted on here about it said they liked it and that Bob is talking about his ass, and everyone saying they agree with Bob also mentioned that they have not, and will not, see it. Their loss though, cuz this movie kicked ass.
Nice to know I'm not the only one who thought so.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Okay just saw this movie, is it great no, it's okay, it does have a rather long beginning but so did the other Spider-Man movie, it is worth a see if your a Spider-Man fan though I wouldn't go out of my way, and even though a lot of the mythos was changed the character himself felt a lot more like the Spider-Man from the comics then he did in the other movies, which is nice. Also I like this suit more not so much for look, both suits looked pretty bad to me but at least they have him looking into ways of getting a suit, not I draw picture I have suit now. A lot of Bob criticisms of the movie are just stupid, seriously complaining about the flash on the web shooters seriously way to nitpick, and the comments on the opening being to convent are over exaggerated they just so happen to work for Norman Osborn how is that even a coincidence you know nothing about Osborn but his name, and most the rest makes logic sense genetic researches do work together, but Gwen's father being chief of police is a bit much. Okay that scene towards the end that you mention was pretty stupid.

And Bob expect this review to get linked to in the future it's the new why "we hate and can't trust Bob" moment, and in this case they are right your bias is obvious and your overly negative tone paints you unprofessionally. I also imagine similar things happening in your Dark Knight Rises review.

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:

After Spiderman 3, I don't have much faith in future Spidey movies...unless Marvel gets the rights back, which will never happen unfortunately...

Sorry to dash your dreams( and mine) this movie is no. 1 right now in other countries including here in the Philippines.
Even to the point of crossing your fingers until your break them, it won't happen why?

And this news [http://movies.yahoo.com/news/spidey-relaunches-tuesday-record-35m-153508646.html] doesn't help either if we want the Spiderman movie rights be return to Disney/Marvel.

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*vomits*
I didn't like the movie but I didn't hate it either, it's just that they changed his whole origin story and remove the core of the Spiderman mythos.

I'm with Bob with this that the Marvel movies must be made by Marvel Studios because they are the only few who somehow understand the right direction on how their properties should be put on film.
You're right. I'm pretty sure two years from now no one is gonna remember something special with this movie other than The unnecessary Spiderman reboot.

When you think about it, isn't that the fate Clash of the Titans(2010) suffered if you go back and asked the people who watched it after a year?
Lol, Clash of the Titans is a whole different can of worms...I think that was so forgettable because it was so generic...

I certainly couldn't tell you anything that happened in that movie other than there being a Kraken at some point...
Yeah the only thing I remembered in COTT is "Release the Kraken!" other than that zip.

Btw do you have any memorable scene after watching TASM?

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
bat32391 said:
Roman Monaghan said:
bat32391 said:
Hmm guess I'm in the minority hear because I saw the movie and really liked it. Well except for the stupid cg lizard. But to each their own I guess.
Not even close to the minority. Don't take the chirps of idiot yes men all saying that because Bob said it was bad that they're not going to see it as "the majority." Everyone who saw this movie and then posted on here about it said they liked it and that Bob is talking about his ass, and everyone saying they agree with Bob also mentioned that they have not, and will not, see it. Their loss though, cuz this movie kicked ass.
Nice to know I'm not the only one who thought so.
Me and twelve of my friends last night, dude. All of us agreed: damn good movie.

You are never alone.

Leoofmoon

Aug 14, 2008
Iv herd great things from reviewer's I fallow, Movie bob I feel like you'v been hating on this movie before it was even out from what I herd its awesome.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*vomits*

Yeah the only thing I remembered in COTT is "Release the Kraken!" other than that zip.

The scene with the cranes...

...because it was so stupid

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
DoomyMcDoom said:
In other words it's all about balance, and from what I can tell from what Bob and a few of my friends have been saying, this spiderman movie is mainly just a peter parker teen romance movie, with action and a baddie crowbarred in, and the character family origin stuff is different now. Doesn't really interest me, if someone brings it over on DVD or something at some point I'll watch it, or like when it hits netflix, but theaters are expensive, and I'd rather not spend money on something I don't think I'll like all that much.
Nothing of the sort. He just kinda gets with Gwen - it's in the background. Starts off with taliking to her awkwardly at school, then talk some more, he's there for him when Uncle Ben dies, and eventually he goes round for dinner and the relationship is consummated with a kiss. It's not an annoying love story - it's just part of Peter's character development, and it's great that Peter gets focus in the film as a character instead of just doing the easy thing and building up a villain like most things do.

It's a great love story and I was wanting more scenes between Peter and Gwen, instead of being like "blah another love scene" like I am with most films. They were funny, well written and well acted and the films would've been much worse without them.

Chocomint

Jul 12, 2009
I was surprised to hear how caustic this review was, but to each their own since I enjoyed this much more than any of the previous three films.

I think the action and dialogue were both better in this one, and Andrew Garfield emotes more and seems to actually have some personality.

I'd recommend seeing it - it's not anywhere near one of my favorite movies but it's decent.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Woah, that's harsh. I almost feel bad about it now but... i liked it. I really really liked it. Maybe more than i liked Sam Raimis first Spiderman. Uh... so... i guess i have terrible taste in movies. Guess i have to work on that.
Hey, you're not alone. I don't know much about the comics (which may be the explanation), but thought the reboot to be surperior to the Raimi movies. I'd even go so far as to say that in my opinion Andrew Garfield is a better suited actor for Spider-Man than Tobey McGuire was.

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*vomits*

Oh yeah, it seems everybody is talking about the crane.

Haven't seen TASM, what's stupid about it?

You know its not good if the scene you remember from a movie you watched is bad one.

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
For me the movie changed waaaay too much of the story and I can't fathom how some people think that this badly directed movie was better than The Avengers.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I wanna see this movie just because I want to see if its realy this bad, BUT i wont be seeing it on opening week(end)

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*vomits*

You know its not good if the scene you remember from a movie you watched is bad one.

Well, I liked the crane scene...
Don't get why it's supposed to be stupid, I actually found it to be quite touching.
But to each his own I guess.

Ramzal

Jun 24, 2011
Calibanbutcher said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Antonio Torrente said:
MrBrightside919 said:

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*vomits*

Well, I liked the crane scene...
Don't get why it's supposed to be stupid, I actually found it to be quite touching.
But to each his own I guess.
Yeah, I'm not getting HOW the crane scene was bad. It showed Karma. He could have went after the Lizard the first time he saw him, but he went to save the kid. Because he did that, the construction worker felt it was his duty to repay someone who saved the life of his son. How is that stupid? That's how life works. You do something out of the kindness of your heart without looking for reward and it comes back to you two fold--even at times you don't notice it.

It was showing that actions matter. Just like what happened with his uncle. He failed to act and his uncle died. This time he acted, saved someone and was aided. Past that, the crane scene show him actually beginning to understand -how- to web sling. If you remember the majority of the movie, he was sloppy at it, using a lot of webs just to get a short distance, and making a lot of close calls. It showed improvement in his own skills as well.

It happens in the comic time to time. Usually when he is shot, (Depending where, and this is a rare occurrence) he can't wall climb very well, or swing far and he ends up struggling unless he is -really- focused and pissed. Then again, this is him as a teenager when he first started, he's not used to things like being shot.

Also. Something that needs to be addressed. The complaints of how Peter was dressed or even his hair style in the movies. I hate to break it to you, but:

Peter in a T shirt over a long shirt. Skater-boy clothing fashion.

Even his clone wears hoodies. Notice the hair again one Peter?

His clothing style matches up again with what was shown in The Amazing Spider-man movie. And hair -again-.

And look at that. He enjoys rollerblading, despite being a giant geek. (Actually, most skaters and rollerbladers are geeks)

This is Peter Parker as an -adult- mind you. His style of clothing and hair is extremely on the mark. It seems like people who do not like this and are saying that "This doesn't make sense/fit in Spider-man" actually don't know the least -bit- about Spider-man.

And for those who keep saying how "EMO" Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker was and that it didn't fit. I give you this:

He takes every death and loss of a person -very- seriously and hard. Mary Janes explanation of him is spot on. This was also shown in the movie, but without someone -explaining- it but rather Peter going through it. (Again HAIR)

Less and less like Andrew got it wrong and more and more like people simply don't like Spider-Man outside of the fact that he's a dude who swing around the city.

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
Had a feeling he'd hate this film for the same reason I believe I will hate it: It is uneccessary.

Spiderman was a great trilogy (well the first 2 were awesome, the third not so much) and its so annoying that "reboots" are being released so soon after their originals.

I really hope no one goes to see this, however I know they will as all my friends are talking on Facebook about how good it is. My closer friends agree with me. A film like A Nightmare on Elm Street you can understand the justification for a reboot, a more modern take on a classic with updated CGI.

Spiderman? So they can keep the licence.

The film may be awesome or it maybe a load of rubbish but one sale they won't be getting, regardless of the quality of the title, is from me.

Ramzal

Jun 24, 2011
Britisheagle said:
I really hope no one goes to see this, however I know they will as all my friends are talking on Facebook about how good it is. My closer friends agree with me. A film like A Nightmare on Elm Street you can understand the justification for a reboot, a more modern take on a classic with updated CGI..
That was a terrible remake. The CGI was good but the remake it self was not very great.