Escape to the Movies: The Hangover 2

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
so once again Hollywood fails to make a good movie set not in the US(excluding those that just chronicle the various fuck-ups of US foreign policy and WW2 movies)

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
That story time thing was funny!

I remember hearing that the release date of The Hangover Part II was pushed back because the tattoo artist who made Mike Tyson's tattoo suited the producers for using the same (or at least a very similar) pattern on one of the main characters.

Don't laugh, this was actually a serious discussion in my Law class.

Jetsetneo

Apr 2, 2010
Went and saw it opening night. Was funny, but I agree with bob, its pretty much the Hangover in Thailand. The first one was a surprise, this one, not so much. I think Bob was right that the transvestite thing last a little long, but his 'stoneface' 'this is 2011' thing doesn't take several things into account, and pretty much detaches himself from the audience and well movie in general: *SPOILERS* the 'main' character, a straight edge dentist, with a penchant for being the most conservative of the group, having sex with said transvestite ? thats the punchline. I didn't laugh so much as go 'Oh no, he didn't...he did lol' Maybe if you backed off and just let yourself laugh instead of trying to be politically correct. You've ranted against quite a few things i don't agree with and while, yes we should all be accepting of the transvestite community, you certainly become hypocritical because you have rallied against other groups just as harmless.

RooksEye

Mar 17, 2009
I personally thought it was hilarious, but I only watched the first one once and I have horrible long term memory, so it felt new to me.

And I agree about the transvestite part. It wasn't that big a deal to me, I laughed, but everyone one else in the theater was yelling "EWWW!" and "GROSS!" for like 5 minutes.

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
I might see this at some point, maybe on netflix.

I almost wet myself from laughter when Mr. Frog made it rain.

clanaota

Aug 18, 2007
Bob,

Character development on Mr. Frog was a bit weak.

3 stars. This review will probably get enough views that you'll make a sequel though.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
You know, I was going to see this anyway (probably will on DVD) because I'm all for a good laugh, even if the jokes are kind of a rehash, but if you're being completely honest about the way the jokes are targeted differently, well... thanks for saving me a good 10$, MovieBob.

Keep with this less-overly-biased reviewing. It makes more sense then when you go all fanboy.

Battle Catman

Jan 3, 2011
You're looking for social commentary in a movie called THE HANGOVER?

Bob, you should just preface your reviews with a note saying:

"Yes, this is one of THOSE movies--the ones I personally don't like so if you go see it and enjoy it, I will label you an idiot and blame you for bad movies."

OR

"I liked this movie, so it's either a surefire hit anyway (superhero movies), some foreign film that most people will gloss over ('cause they're idiots), or a movie that's going to bomb at the box office because stupid people (like you) don't appreciate things like I do."

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
Of course Moviebob wouldn't have liked this, it isn't comic book or toy based. I might see it in cinemas.

RivFader86

Jul 3, 2009
HA Ken Jeong and the tiger beeing the same character......el tigre getting into our cabezas ;P

PS: will watch the movie of course but not going into it with to high expectations...it's just one of those movies where "more of the same" just doesn't really work, it was funny the first time around but i guess it gets to predictable in a sequel

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
*shrugs* I like the movie, and yes I did laugh at the transsexual scene. I knew it was coming, but I enjoyed the reactions of the Wolfpack.

And to me, the monkey was much funnier than the baby. Sure it may be a reheated left-over, but I knew what I was walking into. The only real portion I didn't enjoy was the shrugging off of the missing appendage later on. That seemed lazy.

Tim_Buoy

Jul 7, 2010
Cliff_m85 said:
*shrugs* I like the movie, and yes I did laugh at the transsexual scene. I knew it was coming, but I enjoyed the reactions of the Wolfpack.

And to me, the monkey was much funnier than the baby. Sure it may be a reheated left-over, but I knew what I was walking into. The only real portion I didn't enjoy was the shrugging off of the missing appendage later on. That seemed lazy.
yeah i was wondering about that near the end. i also found alans character to be more aggravating than funny this time around

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I came out of that film last night and said that that was basically the same film but with darker more depressing under tones. I mean the film at leasts starts off alot darker but just kind of fizzles out. Also, NO HEATHER GRAHAM AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

On a different note, im from London and although I found Attack the Block funny, trying to make me feel compasion for a bunch of estate muggers was just jaring. Not that the Spiderman bed sheet scene was done well.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
I, for once, agree with MovieBob. I didn't think the monkey was a good idea. Just seemed cheap.

You still suck, though, Bob. The storytime was funny, but I'm still not best pleased with you, you damn geewunner.