Escape to the Movies: The Hangover 2

SlasherX

Jul 8, 2009
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THEY MADE FUN OF GAY PEOPLE. You do realize that in the real world a lot of gay people don't really care, I have a gay friend whom I call ****** and he cares not a single lick. It is only bleeding heart liberals and uptight gay people who have a problem with this movie. Get over it.

Also it is different, to be transexual it is weird and guess what IT IS FUCKING UNATURAL TO SAY YOUR A WOMAN AND BE A MAN, it ISNT normal. Letting you know in case you failed biology a hundred million times and don't understand that.

Trilliandi

Feb 1, 2011
It was nice to see you review a bad movie without insulting the audience who'd watch it Bob, I sincerely mean it when I say you did a really great job this time. (You usually do a really good job, but... y'know what I mean.)

On a different note, I expected this sort of thing in the first place. If anything, my only reason to watch this was to find out just HOW they planned on having the SAME crew make the SAME mistake TWICE. The idea might've worked with a new cast, crew, location, and jokes. And of course, NOT taking the dead, old, and beaten shot at gays and transexuals.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
So I didn't like the first one and I certainly won't like this one. That makes my life easier.

SlasherX

Jul 8, 2009
will1957 said:
SlasherX said:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THEY MADE FUN OF GAY PEOPLE. You do realize that in the real world a lot of gay people don't really care, I have a gay friend whom I call ****** and he cares not a single lick. It is only bleeding heart liberals and uptight gay people who have a problem with this movie. Get over it.

Also it is different, to be transexual it is weird and guess what IT IS FUCKING UNATURAL TO SAY YOUR A WOMAN AND BE A MAN, it ISNT normal. Letting you know in case you failed biology a hundred million times and don't understand that.
I'll just phone this one in...Blah Blah Blah you fucking Transphobic piece of shit. What the fuck do you know about normal? You don't know shit. You fucking bigot.
I know that not now and not ever will it be normal to have a penis and want a vagina, or to get that actually done. And I never said I won't talk or that I hate them, I said it isn't normal or natural. Which it isn't.

Arcanite Ripper

May 1, 2010
Your description of the first Hangover is more or less why I hated it while watching. It's really tricky to laugh at a joke that's explained so well.

Ah whatever. If this ones more of the same, good to know.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
hitheremynameisbob said:
almostgold said:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/moviebob/6858-The-Bland-Side

I encourage you to go read his Intermission where he discusses his opinion of The Blind Side in detail, because he does absolutely nothing like what you've suggested he does. His criticisms are based on its blandness and over-reliance on cliches, and its blatant "spam-ness." He doesn't say one word about the film being bad because it had a certain type of person in it - you're confusing this with his real complaint, which is that it's targetted at that type of person in a clear money-grab. He's not saying that those people are bad, just that compromising the artistic merit that a film could have had to pander to that audience (or any audience, really - it's just that this one is especially profitable) is bad. That doesn't make him a hypocrite or a bigot. I'm sure he'd agree that it's possible to portray a white, Christian, strong woman, whatever in a convincing, meaningful way. He just doesn't think that's what The Blind Side did. I'm not willing to spend any more time on this, so I won't touch the Book of Eli, but I'm willing to bet that there's a similar thing going on there.

To put it simpler, you can criticize a film for the way it uses a Bible without criticizing the Bible itself, and you can criticize a film for pandering to a certain audience without criticizing that audience. You're misinterpreting his critiques.
From his "Best of 2009" list:
...getting by on make-believe "folksy" sincerity and cynical superficial pandering to the "wholesome, old-fashioned values" crowd. It's the Sarah Palin of motion pictures.
Sounds a lot like what I mentioned to me...

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Grevensher said:
Verlander said:
Grevensher said:
Verlander said:
Grevensher said:
Why do you keep reviewing movies you saw that you didn't like, if you are not going to give a full review? Why didn't you review bridesmaid 2 if you liked it? Oh, I know why; you wanted to complain yet again about all this money funding sure fire hits, and not that weird obscure garbage you are peddling.
Why do you comment on a contributor that you clearly don't like, and wouldn't give a chance even if you agreed with the sentiments? Like ALL critics, he reviews popular films that are currently out. End.
i
I was actually a fan of Bob's which is why I am commenting in the first place. I'm not a bob fan such as yourself that keeps spreading their cheeks without question for every nasty inch he has to offer.
Yeah, cos that first comment of yours is full of fan love. Although, considering the way you speak, looks like you have a serious case of "internet balls". Allow me to set you on the straight; randomly insulting people is a move only dicks make, critics review popular films, everyone is entitled to an opinion and when you grow up, all of these things will magically make sense.
Internet balls? http://www.facebook.com/christ.angelo. If you are in NYC we can discuss this on the streets if you like.
You're offering me out? No, I'm in London, east end. Dude, calm the fuck down, all I've seen you do is give abuse to people. This ain't exactly that kind of website.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Heh, funny that this review pops up today because I'm going to be seeing this movie later tonight. I'm not paying for it and neither are any of my friends who I'll be with (yay free tickets!). So sorry Mister Rabbit and Mister Frog, you won't be getting any money from me. I think you giant stack of money and rain shower of money is fine without 4 more watchers worth of dollars.

Even before this review I wasn't expecting much for this movie, figuring its just a cash in on a movie that did good before. I haven't seen the first one (might eventually though, heard it's good) so it won't be too stale for me. Not looking forward to the transsexual scene though. That's gonna be pretty awkward for me because I've got nothing against transsexuals (hell, being pan- myself, I can find them attractive) but I'm not so sure the friends I'll be with are going to share the same view.

Loved the story time part, I definitely wouldn't mind if you did that again (so long as it stays fresher than Mr. Rabbit's and Mr. Frog's idea).

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
The "story" at the beginning was stupid and drawn out.

This movie wasn't racist at all, nor homophobic. It wasn't even offensive against transsexuals, the characters reaction to what goes down is there own.

Also the transsexual scene was the funniest in the movie, and the cinema I was in completely cracked up.

Pretty good follow up to a great film.

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
Meh, I'll still go see it with my friends. I'll probably laugh. As long as I laugh then it was worth seeing.

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
To be honest, if I was a Hollywood executive, I probably would have made a sequel too (minus the transsexual hate that was pointed out).

I mean, most people are stupid and would see it anyway. Good money right there. They did nothing wrong from a business perspective.

willingdruid

Nov 18, 2009
Still seems like the only worth while thing Todd Phillp's ever did was filming GG Allin being GG Allin.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Comedy ain't my genre, so I never even watched the first one.
Even though you did recommend it I think.

Speaking of comedy and monkeys doing stuff they normally don't: I loved Jay and Silent Bob Strike back. I think of you looking like Keving Smith, Bob. And I am guessing I might not be far off ;-)

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
His reviews never fail to go against mine. Its a comedy, and a damn funny one at that. The producers didn't just make the film for cash,(they already have tons of that, as you decided to keep on pointing out) they did it because everyone loved it and everyone wanted the sequel. Hell, I wanted it too.