Escape to the Movies: The Raid

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The Raid

If you like a lot of punching and kicking, this is the movie to see.

Watch Video

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Was hoping you'd cover The Raid. Looks like a rather fun movie to watch too.

Also, you're not the only one tired of seeing the American Pie crap. Seems like the damn commercials are on every freaking minute.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
Wow, some people are going to be NARKED at you for badmouthing AP. Seriously. :v But I can see your point entirely.

But yeah, from how you described The Raid, it sounds like a good version of some action-intensive movies, even if some parts look hilariously OTT like the hitting-his-head-all-the-way-down-the-wall bit. Will watch.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Bob, just a small point but please, if you're not going to review a film, just don't review it. And seriously don't spend a a quarter of the review another better film bitching about it.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
It's a good martial arts movie those doesn't use the tournament set-up. Is anything beyond this sentence necessary to get you to see it?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Mmm it sound like The Raid is somewhat the oppersite to Assault on Precinct 13 since it revole on the invader (them getting into the bad guy building) per say as oppose to the defender in the Precinct film (defend the police station from the bad guys trying to enter it).
I saw that Ted trailer today and I do admit it could[/b] be funny seeing how it's mostly like Family Guy but without the random clips and humour throw in out of nowhere which is a good thing.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
i had actually forgotten that waste of film of a movie was coming out(AP) so, no, wasn't expecting it. i also hated 'there's something about mary' to, fuck that movie, and every movie that came out trying to be it.

anyway.

the raid. sounds pretty awesome, would like to go see it but i don't think its playing anywhere near me. :/

know what i was expecting though? something about the new total recall, cause .... why ....

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
Great action movies coming from outside USA. Like this one. Global times indeed Bob.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
An action scene with geography?

10 Minutes long. One scene. An action scene. Say he trips up at the end? Start again. You know exactly what the area looks like, because you see it as he does.

Children of Men. An amazing film. Watch it

EDIT: Oops, forgot there are a couple cuts in it, but to be fair, it's still pretty awesome.
Should also say that this scene is towards the end of the film (Pretty much the second last scene), but doesn't spoil too much in itself.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Oh god, meaningless subtitles starting with Re- have escaped from the video game laboratory and are now spreading to other parts of the facility. Two weeks later...

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
It's nice to get back to good old movie reviews!

Although I didn't like American Pie that much, I'm going out on a blind date setup by my friends to this movie...so I guess I'll see how it is.

moviedork

Mar 25, 2011
How can you say there's no memorable action sequences in the Transformers movies?

The freeway chase in Dark of the Moon
The forest fight in Revenge of the Fallen
The Qatar fight in Transformers

and those were just at the top of my head.

Say what you will about Michael Bay, but the man can film a great action scene.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Axolotl said:
Bob, just a small point but please, if you're not going to review a film, just don't review it. And seriously don't spend a a quarter of the review another better film bitching about it.
But he has to remind us how much his high school years sucked, same as every other time he hates a movie that panders to the crowd he hates.

MrCollins

Power Vacuumer
Jun 28, 2010
It's a real shame that The raid is only playing in ONE SINGLE cinema in my whole country (France). God dammit, I hope they hurry with the dvd.

minnull

Feb 10, 2010
Maybe its because I saw the movie in high school with a group of friends that seriously knew how to have a great time but I really liked the first American Pie movie.

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
Okay, American Pie was singularly mediocre. But now after a decade of sequels and spin-offs all suffering from significant degrees of diminishing returns, having the original cast (and any pretense of effort) back, is bound to make make Reunion look like cinematic gold to anyone who's been foolishly watching all the others in this misbegotten series.

VonKlaw

Jan 30, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
I was actually expecting you to do Iron Sky (kinda seems your type of movie) but since it doesn't seem to be playing ANYWHERE in Massachusetts :(

I'm glad The Raid's shaky cam won't be buging me too much.
If it's any consolation, it looks like the UK is having one cinema in London show Iron Sky. One. Single. Cinema. >.>