Escape to the Movies: Tower Heist

TitanAura

Jun 30, 2011
Damn... Murphy's original pitch sounds like a fucking awesome movie so long as Tyler Perry isn't involved in any way whatsoever. Not only did it have a great premise but it had the ability to provide the "ethnic market" an actual good movie to which other movies aimed at the "ethnic market" must be measured against, as it will definitely not include Tyler Perry.

Mechanix

Dec 12, 2009
I'm going to have to disagree with ya here Bob. Just got back from watching it. I have no idea how this movie left such a little impression on you. Both me and my friend enjoyed it and we now have a great quote to say to each other. I also have to disagree about the lack of screen time for the characters; everyone got their moments, although Stiller and Murphy we're clearly the stars (as they should have been).

It was not the funniest movie I've seen nor will I probably remember it in a year or so, but it gave me a few chuckles, and a few lolwut moments, so I think it was worth the ticket money (but I work at a theater so I get in for free lawl).

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Wait, what? Red Dragon? That film was AWESOME! I hold it in very high regard along with the Silence of the Lambs itself. I mean come on... Ralph Fiennes! Not to mention the fact that Anthony Hopkins hasn't been in a decent movie since then.

Hannibal was a worse film than Red Dragon and that was Directed by Ridley Scott of all people. Then again, it was Julianne Moore who killed Clarice so that probably did it for me.

Ummm yeah I have nothing to say about Tower Heist. I wouldn't have gone to see it anyway so nothing really changes for me.

jovack22

Jan 26, 2011
Bob is just talking out of his ass by this point and his reviews have been more and more off.

Especially when he hailed "drive" as the best thing in a long while.

This movie was not the best movie ever, and probably shouldn't be your first choice if you only have enough money for 1 movie to see, but he went way too hard on it.