Escape to the Movies: Toy Story 3

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Man just got finished seeing that movie. I had my doubts years ago. I was wrong for doubting this movie is great! I mean just wow. It goes without saying that shrek 4 is garbage compared to this. Such a great movie.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
As close to flawless as a film can be for me. I felt every single emotion possible it seemed like over 100 minutes of this. I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but Pixar upholds their lofty standards. The Toy Story trilogy is a testament to quality film making and story telling. Cinema is better due to the existence of this series.

That ending, just...stunning in its execution to make me remember how much the characters meant to me. Those subtle genuine human emotions...left me in awe.

Side note: Previews for other studios offerings made me even more grateful for Pixar, they are several classes above their competition.

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
The Philistine said:
Haseo21 said:
Jesus christ!
Why the hell did he do this movie and not Jonah Hex?
Let's see... review the last in a series of movies that have been routinely good and popular for a wide audience or review an action movie based off a little known DC character that will probably be quickly forgotten amidst all the other action movies at best.

I'm glad Bob went for the movie that will almost without fail have more depth :)
Agreed. Besides, Megan Foxx AND a fake southern accent?

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
...I didn't get my permission slip signed... I can't go see it on the Tuesday field trip to Halifax, in 3D...

FFFFUUUUUUUU- Just as well. I'd probably cry, and I refuse to do so in front of my classmates. I'll see it here, in town. 2D... in a few weeks when I'll be one of four people in the theatre.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Irridium said:
God damn, I was almost tearing up just hearing about all this. If I see the movie there's a 100% chance I will cry.

Toy Story was the first movie I've ever seen. And even though I was so damn young then, I still remember it. Its actually one of my first memories... hell I better stop, I'm starting to tear up right now.

And yeah, now I feel old, and I'm only 18. God dammit
Quoted for absolute truth.

Exactly what this guy wrote. I'm basically the real life equivalent of Andy right now (packing up for university and everything), so I'm gonna see this movie from a more personal viewpoint.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I might just have to see this now.

On a side note, it sounds like Bob got a new mic. Glad to hear it. Still could use some sound proofing to get rid of that tinny effect though.

Monkey King

Mar 29, 2010
Well, as someone who's old enough to have a kid Andy's age, I can say I honestly did tear up at the end. Which puts it up there with Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan on my list of movies where I had to fake contact lens issues to try to keep some guy bravado.

But, as my date said, they could STILL have a sequel if they wanted. (note to Pixar: DON'T)

And as a toy collector; I wondered what was going on at MY house......

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Toy Story 3 was damn near perfect, if not completely perfect. You the nail on the head Bob. I cried my tears and my love for the series has never been greater! I miss my old Woody doll. And my Buzz. And my Rex. And my Mr. Potato head. And my . . An . . Oh . .

hcig

Mar 12, 2009
saw this movie today with my dad for fathers day.

oh god, it was hard towards the end there. i was trying so hard to not show emotion, but ive always had a bond with my toys (i took them all to college with me, they sat in a box next to my bed), and on top of that, i was getting nostalgia bombed.

but i didnt find it very funny, it was less comedy, and more drama. (of course, i wouldnt have it any other way)

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
I want to see it since I was there for the original and all, but man am I worried about crying my eyes out now.

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
You're a bastard for mentioning that part of NeverEnding Story and I hate you.

Artex, you're letting the sadness of the swamps get to you. You have to try, you have to care, for me. =[

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Oh dammit...I'm going out on a first date with a girl, and I just haaaaad to suggest the one movie that could make me cry in public. This could be bad. I think my only course of action is to dehydrate myself so there are no tears to be shed....that, or I make a last minute suggestion to see "Splice" or something.

Jorias

Dec 10, 2008
I'll have to go back and watch the first and second toy story movies again. I was about 13 when the first one came out so i was out of the respecitve target audiance, but I still enjoyed the first one it was a great movie. It's amazing that someone can analyze this movie so proficiently and with such elegance then again i have only recently been viewing Movie Bob's videos.

danman75

Jun 20, 2010
GUNGUNGUN said:
Toy Story was my all time favorite movies as a kid. I am 17, just like Andy and have grown up with the series since then. I saw the movie in 3D (they were not offering it any other way) and I can thank god for those glasses. I started to cry around 10 minutes before the movie ended and I didn't stop till I was well out of the theater and in the bathroom. It was the saddest moment in a movie since... to be honest I don't think there has been a moment in a movie that could compare to this.
Ah, so YOU'RE the one that stole the 3-D glasses, I counted the entire bin three times before filling out the police report, if you return them now we can drop all charges as this case clearly falls under the "tear shield" exemption.

Movie Theater Management :)

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Sigh... I really need to see this movie.
You know those kids he was talking about who "grew up with Toy Story", who "are the same age as Andy", and will be "reduced to emotional jellyfish"?
Yeah, that's me. I may actually be brought to tears for the first time in a movie.

OmegaXzors

Apr 4, 2010
I just saw this. It was definitely an A- movie with predictable enemies but an ending that is hard to put your finger on. I didn't cry, I never even teared up and I'm not a hard person in anyway. I cried during an episode of Hamtaro, so, I really don't see the hard core sadness you're all seeing.

Anyhow, it was a great film. It's worth seeing.

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
Man this movie made me really emotional near the end, and that NEVER happens. Toy Story WAS my childhood.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
i'd like to say that i didn't cry, that i didn't soak a sleeve of my shirt with snot and tears and that this movie only makes women cry. i'd like to say that. however the pure emotional depth this movie stabs you with makes it nigh on impossible to not cry. My father mother sister and girlfriend were all next to me crying with me. that lasts fifteen minutes is an emotional rampage. if you were younger than ten when the first movie came out

DO NOT GO WITH SOMEONE YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE YOU CRY.

because i promise you will. even when know its coming that lasts fifteen minutes packs so many emotional threasds that someting will just get you started.

now that i'm done moaning like a little girl i want to say i just saw it and in true pixar style it is the best they've done. i honestly don't know how they keeping one-uping THEMSELVES and how much longer they can keep doing it before they have a flop. seriously the movie industry is calling pixar an insurance policy because they know pixar will draw them business every single time. it's crazy.

But for everything Pixar deserves every bit of praise they get.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
OmegaXzors said:
I just saw this. It was definitely an A- movie with predictable enemies but an ending that is hard to put your finger on. I didn't cry, I never even teared up and I'm not a hard person in anyway. I cried during an episode of Hamtaro, so, I really don't see the hard core sadness you're all seeing.

Anyhow, it was a great film. It's worth seeing.

it's not sad, perse. it's just emotional. we've all been there. that moment where you have to let go. for the mom it's let go of her son, for andy it's let go of his childhood after one more playtime and for the toys themselves it's letting go of the very essence of their exsistence to be reborn with someone else. it's just a moment that is meant to remind you of your last playtime.

NewGeekPhilosopher

Feb 25, 2009
This movie is going to be more brutal than Dethklok and Mayhem combined - and not in that cheap metal black humour sense either - it's going to be blacker than the blackest black - an abyss from which the last fragments of my childhood cannot escape.

I just started university this year, even though I'm twenty years old. Toy Story was one of the first movies I ever saw in the cinema - and I get the feeling that this is going to be one of those movies like Midnight Cowboy where even my inability to cry more than two teardrops will be tested to its limits.

Oh God, please don't tell me this is gonna be the Western animation equivalent to the Azumanga Daioh ending... ;____;