Escape to the Movies: True Grit

Ca3zar416

Sep 8, 2010
Nothing wrong with it especially because it originated as a novel. He may have been a fantastic actor but personally I see that as all the more reason for people wanting to do revamps of movies he has done. It should be seen as a challenge attempting to one up that and I give credit to anyone willing to take on that challenge.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
ScottLillie said:
Fuck Michael Bay.
QFT

His attitude is how you know he's a douche bag, not just his movies... I still remember when he was talking about Optimus having flames. "Why are there flames on Optimus Prime? Because I wanted flames. Why do you but a green house or a yellow house. I wanted flames on Optimus Prime."

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
xD Bob, I love you. Who cares if you insulted a man who is swimming in a pool of cash? Does it really matter? Because of your comment do you really think he is going to think back upon his movie career and see how much he sucked, thus canceling any future projects?

Nice mature apology though my friend. It's your show, don't worry about all these people who keep watching it yet complain about the content. They don't enjoy it well they don't have to click that little "play" button now do they?

Can't wait till the next show!

USmedik

Jul 8, 2010
I thought it was an amazing movie. The Coen Brothers don't make a habit of turning out bad work.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
My sister's boyfriend saw it and didn't like it. So I might pass on this, or at least rent it when it's on DVD.

I never thought I'd see the day where you would actually take back calling Michael Bay a douchebag.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
bojac6 said:
MattKirby said:
I wonder if he was contacted by Michael Bay or his producers/managers, it just seems peculiar that he just now issues an apology >.>
Oh, I doubt it. I think the apology is yet another dig at Expendables. He got a lot of flack for his comments about Transformers and then he got a lot of flack for his comments about The Expendables. By making a big, showy apology about Transformers, it's a passive-aggressive way of highlighting what he said about people who made/saw/enjoyed the Expendables instead of his pet movie, Scott Pilgrim.
You mean "the better movie, Scott Pilgrim"? *ho-ho-ho*

sharks9

Mar 28, 2009
I saw this movie last week and I loved it! The girl was a very good actress, the whole cast was good too.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
AwesomeExpress said:
MovieBob said:
True Grit

This week, Bob saddles up for True Grit.

Watch Video
I'm definitely going to see True Grit, I have always enjoyed the Coen brothers' movies! BUT, are you saying that everyone who enjoys a Mike Bay film is a douchebag? That anyone who is not a douchebag could not possibly enjoy a Michael Bay film and that only douchebags enjoy Michael Bay films?
Yeah, that doesn't really sit with me well either.

I mean, I genuinely think both Bad Boys movie are alright and I believe The Rock (which he didn't mention amidst the "quote-unquote good movies") is a masterpiece.

And I'm pretty sure other, probably more reasonable people can enjoy some Michael Bay flicks.

So, yeah, apologised to one person but stereotyped a whole bunch of other people.

Good to see the movie in question is good, though.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
so he apoligized to micheal bay the guy who's personality spawned the transformer movies, the guy he had at least some reason to think was a douche, before he apoligized to the transformers fans who he GENERALIZED as douchebags without context
given the films' success thats millions of people he called douchebags and didnt apoligize for

other than that though it was a pretty fun review

AwesomeExpress

Packages Delivered: 84 / 1900
Feb 4, 2010
JourneyThroughHell said:
AwesomeExpress said:
MovieBob said:
True Grit

This week, Bob saddles up for True Grit.

Watch Video
I'm definitely going to see True Grit, I have always enjoyed the Coen brothers' movies! BUT, are you saying that everyone who enjoys a Mike Bay film is a douchebag? That anyone who is not a douchebag could not possibly enjoy a Michael Bay film and that only douchebags enjoy Michael Bay films?
Yeah, that doesn't really sit with me well either.

I mean, I genuinely think both Bad Boys movie are alright and I believe The Rock (which he didn't mention amidst the "quote-unquote good movies") is a masterpiece.

And I'm pretty sure other, probably more reasonable people can enjoy some Michael Bay flicks.

So, yeah, apologised to one person but stereotyped a whole bunch of other people.

Good to see the movie in question is good, though.
Exactly! He apologises to the person making the movie because of a jump to conclusions, but then makes the same jump with the people who watch the movies! That grinds my gears!

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
No top ten best films of the year?

By the a remark he made while he reviewed Inception, I thought Toy Story 3 would be the best.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
So if Matt Damon's character is named LaBoeuf, does that mean he runs around the whole film just going: "nononononoNONONONONONOnonononono...." ?

And yes, the absence of Inception from your list is appalling.

TheMann

Jul 13, 2010
I just saw True Grit and quite enjoyed it. There are bits of humor but it does fall more towards the 'No Country For Old Men' end of their spectrum. Jeff Bridges was great, and I have to say that I was very impressed with the girl who, for someone that young, took on a very demanding role. I say go see it, but your mileage may vary.

About Michael Bay; I actually heard that he is a fairly cool guy. He actually openly admits that his movies sort of suck. He was quoted as saying, "Even my fans tell me 'We love you Michael Bay, but you still suck.'" and "What? I make movies for 15 year-old boys. Is that a crime?" Basically, if you want to make a stupid movie that revolves mostly around shit blowing up, then Michael Bay is your go-to guy (or Roland Emmerich if you want a slightly less stupid one). So, say what you want about the man, at least he has no pretenses about what he does.

Yeah, and I also think Inception should have made the list.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
TheMann said:
About Michael Bay; I actually heard that he is a fairly cool guy. He actually openly admits that his movies sort of suck. He was quoted as saying, "Even my fans tell me 'We love you Michael Bay, but you still suck.'" and "What? I make movies for 15 year-old boys. Is that a crime?" Basically, if you want to make a stupid movie that revolves mostly around shit blowing up, then Michael Bay is your go-to guy (or Roland Emmerich if you want a slightly less stupid one). So, say what you want about the man, at least he has no pretenses about what he does.
I would just like to post this very commercial here as an example of Michael Bay admitting the extent of his cinematic meaningfulness.