Escape to the Movies: Warm Bodies

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I've never seen any of Entourage and I'm only vaguely aware of it...I take it that's a good thing?

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
What the actual hell? I seriously have no idea whether I want to watch this or not. Not sure whether I could make through the sitting if it's parodying Twilight, even if it's just a parody.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Nice Justice League line up. Guy who's movie bombed (though I found it tolerable), girl who's TV show was canceled before the first episode aired, Superman, guy who's movies ended with him basically retiring cause he was presumed dead, and a character no one has cared about since the cartoon got cancelled.

It's gonna be really funny if the first thing the JL movie does is undo what happened in TDKR

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
Wait...Entourage is getting a movie? The only movie I'll accept from Entourage is a spin-off wherein Adrian Grenier plays the lead role for Aquaman...directed by James Cameron...with James Woods as Black Manta.

Because I'm pretty sure reality would collapse on itself.

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
I'm glad, I really liked the idea of this film.

Just gotta find someone to drag along with me when it comes out next week :D

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Toasty Virus said:
I'm glad, I really liked the idea of this film.

Just gotta find someone to drag along with me when it comes out next week :D
I'll be doing the exact same!
But in a few months when it finally comes to Australia like most movies. D:

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Something makes me think the guys who made this movie played a bit of Dark Souls before working on the lore for thwir world.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Ahhh a shame the movie slightly misses the point of the book. It's not just about love, the book is mostly about what it means to be human. The entire thing is indeed played out as a metaphor but way more extensively than in the movie. The Bonies play an entirely different role than simple animalistic hunters as well.

Apparently the movie focuses on the whole rom-com shtick and I think that's a shame. Next to World War Z, Warm Bodies is the most intelligent zombie novel I've ever read and by the looks of it the movie doesn't do that justice all that well. Though it could've been worse.

Captcha:
om nom nom

Fitting.

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
I'm quite surprised by this, I thought it was gonna be horrible and be the next Twilight.
Girlfriend wants to see it, so I'm not too fussed that I'm getting dragged to the cinema to see it, I might enjoy it with an open mind.

And dat intro.

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
Entourage is was a parody show about Hollywood and was apparently quite good. The problem with making a movie is that, well, there isn't much there as I understand it.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Grenge Di Origin said:
Okay, can someone please explain Entourage? Like 50 Shades of Gray, it's an evidently bad thing that I never really explored and got an opinion for/against it.
Entourage is an HBO show about a pre-established Hollywood actor and his entourage (hence the title) essentially living it up and trying to build up the main character's profile.

It was pretty hype as fuck, and it was announced ages ago that there would be a film leading on directly from the last episode. Don't know why Bob is angered or even cares. I honestly think it's a pretty great show, and it got fantastic reviews. It's always cool seeing the cameos that pop up too (I don't think they'll ever beat Scorsese's cameo, unless he's directing the film within the film in the film's plot or something.)

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
5 out of 6 is not bad for the JL movie but I would love it if they were to add the Manhunter in their. At least their is no Aquaman.

zaheela

Oct 8, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Well the brain thing finally makes sense, though how memories can survive digestion is beyond me :p
And I'm sure Man of Steel will at least provide quite a contrast to the Marvel Universe.
Grenge Di Origin said:
Okay, can someone please explain Entourage? Like 50 Shades of Gray, it's an evidently bad thing that I never really explored and got an opinion for/against it.
It's like Jersey Shore for Hollywood.
*blinks numbly for a few seconds...."

And Now I get it... And..... WHY?!?

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Grenge Di Origin said:
Entourage was an HBO show, now in general syndication, about a movie star and his bros (read: hangers-on, and one actual (half) brother), simultaneously living large on his early success and scrambling to find a way to keep him relevant in Hollywood so that the money doesn't dry up. It's supposed to be a pseudo-biographical account of Mark Wahlberg and his bros at the time when his movie career was taking off.

The show's format generally consisted of one or more of them doing some crazy thing, another one saying, dude, what just happened back there?, another one saying, dude, what were you thinking, and then the first guy saying, dude, I'm sorry, dude, and then a celebrity or five make a cameo appearance as themselves, lather, rinse, repeat.

I'm sure some Entourage homer is going to rip me for either being too loose in defining the show, or not "getting it" properly, but whatever. That's what the show was: Seinfeld with Hollywood bros.

Back to this movie, I'm thinking it is a curiously self-aware microcosm of itself. Because my interest in the zombie genre was dead, a hollow shell of its former self, such that the ads engendered no interest in me, until Bob's cautiously positive review stirred a small sliver of caring within me, and slowly began to revive that shriveled part of me, deep inside, that had once desired to see movies like this.

Jan 12, 2012
Sparrow said:
Grenge Di Origin said:
Entourage is an HBO show about a pre-established Hollywood actor and his entourage (hence the title) essentially living it up and trying to build up the main character's profile.

It was pretty hype as fuck, and it was announced ages ago that there would be a film leading on directly from the last episode. Don't know why Bob is angered or even cares. I honestly think it's a pretty great show, and it got fantastic reviews. It's always cool seeing the cameos that pop up too (I don't think they'll ever beat Scorsese's cameo, unless he's directing the film within the film in the film's plot or something.)
I'm with Sparrow, for the most part. I didn't think it was excellent, but it was good enough. And as for "why", Bob, it's because it good good reviews and made a boatload of cash, which is what you want in a movie-making property.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
I'm thinking that JL will get more viewers if they use John Stewart (because of the animated show) instead of Hal Jordan. You know, get some diversity in there.