Escape to the Movies: Warm Bodies

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
So Bob are you just giving a short intro for the Avengers or would their be more of a reason to travel an hour to get down to Cambridge.

As for Warm Bodies it really does seem to be a rom com that can appeal to both genders rather then being a drag your boy friend into the theaters kind of movie.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Mcoffey said:
I absolutely refuse to see this movie, no matter how good it is. I'm absolutely sick to death of the supernatural romance bullshit fad. Justice League looks good though. Good to keep the roster small at first. Hope they keep Ryan Reynolds as far from this project as possible.
Wait, what else has done this besides Twilight.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
erttheking said:
Mcoffey said:
I absolutely refuse to see this movie, no matter how good it is. I'm absolutely sick to death of the supernatural romance bullshit fad. Justice League looks good though. Good to keep the roster small at first. Hope they keep Ryan Reynolds as far from this project as possible.
On movies, not much so far. On TV and cable, there are quite a lot of series dedicated to the genre...

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
drisky said:
So Bob are you just giving a short intro for the Avengers or would their be more of a reason to travel an hour to get down to Cambridge.

As for Warm Bodies it really does seem to be a rom com that can appeal to both genders rather then being a drag your boy friend into the theaters kind of movie.
It's good enough to go without a girlfriend as well. I went with a large grouping of mostly single friends because it looked amusing and why the hell not?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
hermes200 said:
erttheking said:
Mcoffey said:
On movies, not much so far. On TV and cable, there are quite a lot of series dedicated to the genre...
Eh. I just don't get behind the "oh it's been done a lot therefore you need to stop making products like this, I don't care if they're good" mindset. I mean if zombies weren't allowed to be used anymore, we never would've gotten the Tell Tale Walking Dead would we?

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
erttheking said:
hermes200 said:
erttheking said:
Mcoffey said:
Eh. I just don't get behind the "oh it's been done a lot therefore you need to stop making products like this, I don't care if they're good" mindset. I mean if zombies weren't allowed to be used anymore, we never would've gotten the Tell Tale Walking Dead would we?
I am not saying I agree with Mcoffey's mindset, I am just pointing out that the genre has certainly been used a lot since Twilight...

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
I want THAT Justice League :D Though I must confess Warner Bros is going to have a tough time with Green Lantern, I mean, if they DON'T make a solo movie to erase that first one, non-comic book fans will have only that bad memory to go with the character. Imagine The Avengers if Marvel hadn't "fixed" The Hulk with a new movie to replace that stuff that had been previously released... I'm not sure if simply saying "forget about that movie"will work, know what I mean?

Entitled

Aug 27, 2012
By now, the zombie apocalypse is one of the default setting/genre types of speculative fiction, just like high fantasy, or cyberpunk, or space opera.

The sooner you stop whining about it being a "fad", the sooner we can look at the actual merits of individual films' originality, or lack of it, instead of lamely generalizing that they fit into an existing genre therefore they are unorigial.

Aug 1, 2010
I was ready to toss this one aside, but I may just have to see it. After all I'm the type of guy who totally the Tenth Doctor beating the Master by getting everyone in the world to chant "I do believe in faeries, I do, I do".

Though I must point out 2 things:

1) They really should have picked a different poster. I didn't see any trailers, so all I saw in the poster was another Twilight movie.

2) So the bad guys are Feral Ghouls. Seriously. Withered down versions of zombies that move quickly and act on animal instinct. They even looked exactly like them.

Also,

\
WRYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyYY
YYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYY
YYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYY
YYyyYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YyyyyyyyyyYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYY
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyy
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyy
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyy
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyYYYY

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Looking forward to seeing this, but have to convince friends that it's actually kind of tongue in cheek rather than a product of someone who thought swapping out vampires with zombies was a great way to cash in on Twilight.

Sylveria said:
Nice Justice League line up. Guy who's movie bombed (though I found it tolerable), girl who's TV show was canceled before the first episode aired, Superman, guy who's movies ended with him basically retiring cause he was presumed dead, and a character no one has cared about since the cartoon got cancelled.

It's gonna be really funny if the first thing the JL movie does is undo what happened in TDKR
Supposedly the Nolan Justice League movies just aren't going to be a part of the Justice League movies so any Batman we get will be a completely new one. Part of me is glad so it'll prevent people from asking later on why Superman didn't just save Gotham from Bane (or even the Joker) since they were crises that drew national attention.

Milanezi said:
I want THAT Justice League :D Though I must confess Warner Bros is going to have a tough time with Green Lantern, I mean, if they DON'T make a solo movie to erase that first one, non-comic book fans will have only that bad memory to go with the character. Imagine The Avengers if Marvel hadn't "fixed" The Hulk with a new movie to replace that stuff that had been previously released... I'm not sure if simply saying "forget about that movie"will work, know what I mean?
It's not like the Avengers Hulk and The Incredible Hulk Hulk really had anything to do with one another - nothing really carried over other than the basic premise and a small continuity nod.

I'm thinking they can just do what the Justice League animated series did - you have Superman, and you have Batman, then you introduce the other guys right there at the start of the Justice League. [

rampantcreature

sticky-fingered filcher
Apr 14, 2009
When I first saw ads for Warm Bodies, it reminded me of Fido, with an obviously current setting in place if the Stepford-esque one of Fido. Are there further parallels or is this just imagined on my part?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Im not seeing the big deal on entourage getting a movie. ive seen a few episodes, feel indifferent towards it.

I wonder if Green Lantern is going to be like the hulk and get a new actor every movie hes in cause they cant seem to fathom the idea of getting someone consistent.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
Gizmo1990 said:
5 out of 6 is not bad for the JL movie but I would love it if they were to add the Manhunter in their. At least their is no Aquaman.
Not surprised Manhunter isn't there. Too many similarities with Superman, being the "last" of a dead alien race.

And what the hell is wrong with Aquaman? He's a badass in the comics. Seriously, the "Aquaman sucks" joke has gotten old.

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
erttheking said:
Mcoffey said:
Actually, everything. Mcoffey is wrong to call it a fad - unless he's spefically referring to teen fiction. Vampire stories have always dealt with romance (in a rapey kind of way), as have Witches, Frankentsein, Wolf-Man, you name it. Though I'll admit it seems like a new thing for zombies.

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
Sylveria said:
It's gonna be really funny if the first thing the JL movie does is undo what happened in TDKR
If the writers are smart, it won't even be the same canonical Batman. But I'm guessing, because of $$$, there's a good chance they won't be that smart.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Can someone explain to a stupid foreigner what Entourage is and why Bob is so shocked about it being made into a movie?

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
This movie really reminds me of that one sketch from Family Guy..."Bigger Jaws"...

"I don't like you Zombies!"

"We don't like you, humans!"

"Oh know, there are bonies coming to get us!"

"Looks like it's time to team up against our equal enemies!