Escape to the Movies: Wrath of the Titans

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorman 2, huh? My brother will like that.

As for Wrath, I don't know. Maybe I'll go see it, but I'm not exactly sold on it.

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
Okay, please tell me I wasn't the only one who looked at the The Raid teaser footage and thought, "Wow. World of Warcraft is a lot more hardcore than I remember."

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
I'll go see 'The Raid' just for the sheer novelty of seeing a man dribble another man's head down a wall like a basketball!

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
I am so looking forward to The Raid, or the Raid Redemption as its now known for some reason. I love the way that when people get shot all to fuck that the camaera doesnt pan away. Awesome! Looks to be the best film out the Indonesia for ages

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I don't remember Clash, but I do remember my thoughts on it. I watched it on a plane, and afterwards I felt that my time would have been better spent looking out the window at clouds for 3 hours.
I'm glad the sequel is apparently better, but there's no way I'm gonna see it. Maybe the next time I'm on a plane...

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
Well, for me, the most memorable aspect of this review was DuckTales, Battle of Olympus, AND Athena all in the same review.

Well, that and final confirmation (thanks to the Raid) that my tastes in movies are a lot different than Bob's. I don't consider this a negative though, I enjoy the reviews even if I don't agree with them. It's good entertainment. (Often moreso than the movies would be themselves.)

Good review Bob, thanks for reaffirming the unfair spot judgement I made of Wrath after seeing a single 30-second commercial spot. (And yes I mean that, I'm not proud of my sarcastic jaded cynicism.)

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
I'll probably see this. Yeah, I'm sure its gonna be more of a generic action movie, but it will be nice to see some titans that, you know, ARE ACTUALLY TITANS!!

Seriously, I watched immortals and, as huge Greek mythology buff, I had to restrain myself from throwing something at the tv. It was a decent action flick as far as the general movie went, but as for the mythology, I think that might of been the worst movie I've seen as far as ruthlessly butchering the source material. I'm sure this movie won't do it as bad as immortals.

Now, rant over, I enjoyed the remake of clash. Yeah the original was better, but it was a decent action movie that did its job as entertainment, so this will probably be the same. Also, I need to see some actual Greek mythological monsters, not some guy wearing a bull shaped helmet.

Sorry about my rant, I needed to get that out of my system

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
I also don't like how "It looks like a video game" automatically means it looks bad. When I saw Monsters vs. Aliens on Blu-ray, I said it looked like a video game, because it didn't look pre-rendered, it looked like the characters were moving free and spontaneously, like you see in... some video games... yeah.

djthedrummer

Jul 14, 2009
Does anyone know if the Raid movie is in english? Or is it subtitled?

It doesn't particularly bother me, but the people I would bring with me wouldn't be able to handle a non-english movie.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I hated the Clash remake. It's one thing to remake a cult classic by ignoring most of it. It's a whole other thing to remake a cult classic while actively shitting on the original. It felt like two 15-year-old XBLA douchebags had been told to rewrite the script of the original and they not only excised anything that was "faggy", they actively called it out. I wasn't even that big a fan of the original, but the remake seemed to bring together every current movie trend I despise in one film, including, being forced to watch it in 3D.

I'm resolved to never watch a film based on Greek mythology where Hades is portrayed as Satan ever again. Though Immortals was bad too. A gorgeous-looking movie with a really stupid script.

Time to track down a screening of The Raid.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I saw the first one and thought 'this looks awful effects wise' and then thought 'wow this was a pretty rubbish film'. The effects still look bad on this. Just the how visual thing is boring

I have no plans for seeing this. The other Snow White looks good though

Ashley Blalock

Sep 25, 2011
Does this mean that we can give up a certain shelled movie now since director Jonathan Liebesman has given us more eh film making? Some people said don't give up on Turtles until you see how he revives the Clash of the Titans franchise so his revival skills don't seem that great.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
A month or two from now, all anyone will remember from this review is
"Anchorman Two"
Really? I for one will certainly never forget that MovieBob recommended a movie with Dane Cook in it.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I'd probably bother watching it if they explained why Hades would want to release Cronus... I should imagine releasing your paranoid and insanely powerful father would be counter productive to getting your godly powers back, especially considering that to even take the titans down in the first place the Olympians needed help. After being imprisoned, the scorned Cronus would release his comrades, beat down and imprison his now weakened children and restore the Golden Age of man...

Now I'd watch that movie.

moviedork

Mar 25, 2011
I doubt there will be a lot of bottom 10 lists with Mirror Mirror. Critics seemed to enjoy it more than expected. It's actually garnering better reviews than Wrath of the Titans. Though if you're theory is correct shouldn't both be in a lot of bottom 10 lists?

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Is anyone else kind of fed up of reviews for mediocre movies with references to better movies that have just come out. I might more inclined to see those movies if I perhaps knew a little bit more about them such as, say, an Escape to the Movies episode about them. Why waste episodes on forgettable rubbish if there are more interesting things to write about?