Escape to the Movies: Wrath of the Titans

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Just seen it, my overriding thought whilst watching it was "my god one of the writers must have serious daddy issues".

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Agent Larkin said:
Will probably go see it anyway. Liam Neeson alone is usually a good reason to see a movie.

Except for that version of Les Mis.

And "Anchorman 2?" REALLY? Come on that movie did not deserve a sequel. One or two funny moments at most.
Humor is subjective therefore people would disagree with you and much more. It warrants a sequel to some because a comedy basically can't be bad because one person will find it funny, kind like how theres a fetish for everyone.

------------------------------

Whoever said that he was going to bash on Retake Mass Effect in this episode needs to pay up. Honestly, The Raid looked kinda boring. I'd rather watch Jackie Chan then this since it just doesn't look that interesting.

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
Aw c'mon moviebob. If you have a good movie you want us to see, how about reviewing THAT one (especially if it is less well known) rather than giving a 5 minute review on a sequel movie that, lets face it, will probably not sway the opinions of too many ppl about watching it or not.

And then teasing us at the end with the better movie.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Wait, what's The Raid about?
It looks like a SWAT/police movie set in China/Japan, with the karate deliberately played up to create some kind of action, self-aware comedy hybrid.
... hold on a sec. I just need to write that idea down.

Ashley Blalock

Sep 25, 2011
Abandon4093 said:
Why doesn't someone just make a God of War movie already? The first ones plot is exciting enough for it to make an epic action movie but not too far out there to confuse people who don't know anything about Greek mythology.

Also Kratos > Perseus. Just saying.
Just a guess but if they made a God of War movie that managed to capture the feel of the games then it would be a rated R film. Kind of tough to get a studio to invest in a rated R film with a large effects budget since they usually want to shoot for the PG 13 rating to make more money.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
All I took from this: THERE'S GOING TO BE AN ANCHORMAN 2?? WHOA. SIGN ME UP.

Maybe I'll see it on the premise that it might be even 1/8th as interesting as God of War. That's about all that I'll take from the review of the actual movie.

eljawa

Nov 20, 2009
I mean, to say a movie feels like a video game isnt saying video games are bad. The two are very different art forms. it generally means that the movie doesnt feel real, despite having been billed as a Live action movie. Similarly, people were critical of "Heavy Rain" for feeling to much like a movie, and Yahtzee was critical of Mass Effect 1 for being too much like a book. To say it feels like another art form is not to say the art form is bad.

Other than that, good review?

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Bob, you are losing all credibility you had previously.

You said that Immortals was good compared to this? Immortals was a joke of a movie that butchered Greek Mythology to play some "here's the movie 300 with Greek Gods" thing. It really ruined the basis of the lore behind Zeus and the rest of Mount Olympus. Also, where the hell was Hates? Overall a complete bull**** that was more of this instant-action dribble meant into mediocrity.

And the Titans of Immortals? Comparing those to the Titans of Wrath of the Titans and it's just very easy to see the winner. Immortal's are just grey-skinned, half naked humans. Titans' looked core to the mythological writing of being living representations of huge natural disasters.

And last week you made fun of the Hunger Games movie because of character naems, when it was book based?

Oh, Bob, what kind of brain damage has happened to you?

flare100

Sep 20, 2010
The first was one of the laziest, most generic pieces of garbage I've ever seen. I think I'll be giving this a miss somehow.

DeaDRabbiT

Sep 25, 2010
"Hey go see The Raid instead" because it has guys doing kung fu and shooting rifles?... Umm I'd rather watch Perseus fight fucking Cerberus to be honest.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Speaking of "looks like a video game" comparisons...

The Raid looks like an arcade Beat-em-up. With guns!

Jellly

Sep 22, 2010
I'm hoping others noted the irony when Bob said he advises us to see the raid based on what seems like just about any generic fight scene. Looks pretty boring to me.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
DVS BSTrD said:
A month or two from now, all anyone will remember from this review is
"Anchorman Two"
Really? I for one will certainly never forget that MovieBob recommended a movie with Dane Cook in it.
Yeah, not something a whole lot of people will forget to be honest. I don't care if the movie is up for an Oscar, it's just not gonna happen.

OT: I saw the first one expecting to see crap and I was right, but to be honest it was the Rifftrax version, so at least I was entertained in that regard. This sequel? I don't know, I might catch this just before it leaves the theatre.

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
Yeah, I'm sorry....what? Bob, you might not have any memories of the first movie because you watch so many movies, but I have a very, very distinct memory of it sucking so hard it created a fucking black hole in the universe.

AdmiralCheez

Nov 9, 2009
Clash/Wrath of the Titans/Immortals all just looked like generic action movies to me. Though to be honest, the few seconds of The Raid footage gets the same reaction from me. For some reason, I actually like movies with some kind of story, not just action scene orgies. Oh well, everyone has their own tastes. But telling me to seek out a movie solely based on a few seconds of people beating each other up isn't an easy sell.

Oh, and Mirror, Mirror wasn't that bad. Forgettable, yes, but not the bottom of the "worst films of the year" lists.

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
sorry to disapoint you bob, but i actually really did enjoy clash of the titans and i remember nearly all of it, it followed the original mostly,tweaked it here and there, but it was really good, i love it

Eric Morales

Dec 6, 2011
I actually DO remember Clash of the titans, but only because I thought the "let's declare war on the gods" was the stupidest premise I'd ever heard.