Escape to the Movies: Zombieland

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I'm sensing after watching both this and the Brutal Legend video they've got something in common.

They've found something we all love (most of us, then),but has admittedly been done many times before, and while not being hugely original, managed to distill it down to such a pure form, and present it so stylishly, that you can't help but love it, I'll be on the phone asking my friend if she's up for a couple of hours zombie murder at the weekend now. If not, maybe we'll go see this movie.

GrandAm

Aug 8, 2009
I saw this movie today. Real review.

I agree the best part in the movie takes part in the second act and it is worth seeing the movie for. Plus all the rest of the movie.

I read elswhere this movie cost only $24mil to produce. Given some of the known talent, they made the most of it.

Some have compared it to Shaun of the Dead. I agree. But it is nice to watch this story with Americans making fun of the genre. I am American and enjoyed the British take on the genre with SOTD. I hope Britians enjoy this as well.

The acting was great and all the actors seemed to have fun instead of just dialing it in.

Their are some predictible scenes. But it was still fun to watch them pass.

Again all the principal acting was great given the source material and satirical script.

I look forward to Emma Stone in anything. I hope this brings WoodyH into more movies as well.

If you ever liked any zombie movie and have a sense of humor, this is a good movie to see.

Overall I agree with Bob.

Mr Nathan

Sep 13, 2008
After you explained your theory on why we love zombies I had to pause this review so I could finish laughing, anyone else had that?

Bob you rock

Galaxy613

Apr 6, 2008
Man, I saw this movie before I saw ANY reviews, only a trailer a few weeks back. I am SOO glad it turned out well, it seemed to be O.K. by judging from the trailers, but the trailers does NOT do this movie justice. All throughout the movie "AWESOME" is written on it.

GO SEE IT IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
hmmm interesting moral theory, considering all the hatred towards other humans, but for me it's more because i can take out the annoyance on the undead punching bags that makes me like them

Vect

Jul 22, 2009
arkwright said:
well thats convinced me to go and see it but will it be as good as shaun of the dead?
It's like Shaun of the Dead with Hot Fuzz's level of Action. At least, that's how I can best put it...

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Just got done watching Zombieland.....HOLY FUCKING GOD it is now my favorite zombie movie, and I have seen a fuck-ton of zombie movies.

I just feel so bad though.....I suck at Rule #1.......

Oh yeah, and is it a crazy idea to have Valve and the filmmakers get together and do a Left 4 Dead DLC level featuring Tallahasee, Columbus, Wichita and Little Rock?

It's like printing money.

daedrick

Jul 23, 2008
Best movie for me this year, unless there is a master piece coming out these last months that I dont know of, this movie is the best movie for me this year. Pure winsauce... <3 <3 <3

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Having seen this movie today, I agree 100% with you don't want to know the best part about Zombieland. Honestly, I don't often like reviewers, but you are an exception. Your reviews are great. Please keep them coming. Forever.

Skandalouz

May 31, 2009
I went to it on release day and i would have to say it is one of the better zombie movies.. i guess its like shawn of the dead, but i hated Shawn of the dead.. I would give it 9.5 out of 10 cuz its funny as hell and pretty awesome

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Well, that is a relief. Since first reading about Zombieland and then seeing the trailer, I really wanted it to work. Now I'm glad to hear it does, so will just need to check the local cinema times!

Kingtrue

Jul 30, 2009
I've seen it already and trust me, you should definately go watch this movie at your local theater. You will not be disapointed.