Escapist User Guide to Posting Commands

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Claymorez said:
Found out about another code that comes in handy.

You can post videos that are on the Escapist (like this week's ZP) by using this code:

[*video=4763]

*remove

[video=4763]

VOILA! :D

[sub]You can find the video number in the url on the video page. Enjoy![/sub]

THORNY68

Sep 30, 2012
hELLO...i AM NEW TO THIS SITE AND i CAN NOT SEEM TO FIND WHERE TO POST REGARDING A GAME i USED TO PLAY. pLEASE DIRECT ME TO THE RIGHT PLACE. tHANK YOU

THORNY68

Sep 30, 2012
hELLO...i AM NEW TO THIS SITE AND i CAN NOT SEEM TO FIND WHERE TO POST REGARDING A GAME i USED TO PLAY. pLEASE DIRECT ME TO THE RIGHT PLACE. tHANK YOU

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Thank you for making customizing forum posts easy to understand. I will definitely be visiting this page whenever I need help.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
Heres a tip, when you want to make a post with fancy formatting than before you press the post button hit the preview first. It will show you what your post will look like. I know it sounds a bit patronising but it'll save you lots of time if you are posting images and video because you can check to see if they are working properly and if not then edit the code on the fly.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I found out how to make a video stop and start at a certain time. Maybe you could add this to your video codes:

You can add these to the end of a youtube link: "&start=75&end=80"

That way, a video will start playing at 75 seconds in (1:15) and stop again at 80 seconds in (1:20).

Video example, for which I have typed [*youtube=uKhGI_-tcmU&start=75&end=80] (Remove asterisk):

This took me an age to figure out, but hopefully it will allow people to link short sections of relevant videos with a great deal more ease.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Barbas said:
I found out how to make a video stop and start at a certain time. Maybe you could add this to your video codes:

You can add these to the end of a youtube link: "&start=75&end=80"

That way, a video will start playing at 75 seconds in (1:15) and stop again at 80 seconds in (1:20).

Video example, for which I have typed [*youtube=uKhGI_-tcmU&start=75&end=80] (Remove asterisk):

This took me an age to figure out, but hopefully it will allow people to link short sections of relevant videos with a great deal more ease.
Awesome! I've been wondering how to do that for some time as well.

Jun 11, 2014
[ youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU ]

I dont find it to be too much of a problem and I know I look like a dunce but what am I doing wrong here.

[ youtube=?v=7Pq-S557XQU]

[ youtube=7Pq-S557XQU]

[ youtube=?v=7Pq-S557XQU ]

[ youtube=7Pq-S557XQU ]

youtube=7Pq-S557XQU

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
FolloweroftheApoetic said:

I dont find it to be too much of a problem and I know I look like a dunce but what am I doing wrong here.

[ youtube=7Pq-S557XQU]

[ youtube=7Pq-S557XQU ]

youtube=7Pq-S557XQU
Out of the ones you posted in that list, the second one is closest. You just needed to remove the space and it should work.

Khanht Cope said:
How do you write a spoiler in a black box that the user can then read by highlighting?
I don't know if someone else told you or if you figured it out for yourself, but you can't do that on this site. I don't know why, but it's not a feature here.

Jun 11, 2014
Fijiman said:
FolloweroftheApoetic said:

[ youtube=7Pq-S557XQU]

[ youtube=7Pq-S557XQU ]

youtube=7Pq-S557XQU
Out of the ones you posted in that list, the second one is closest. You just needed to remove the space and it should work.
thank yee

Jun 11, 2014
[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler]

[ spoiler Lord of the dingdongs ] [ title patato/spoiler]

[dingdong/spoiler]

[ spoiler ]
apple fritter taco new for your pleasure

[Frankferter codpeice/spoiler]

In the beguuurandarwur spuiluur whim puks dem on ar carz inartornoop spuok uz une grot thong

[ And this is how we spoiler/spoiler AND THIS IS HOW WE SPOIL HER DONNA FOR THE LOVE OF GLICON how many of these dam... THINGS. Does she need if I catch that brat listening to AKB48 there is going to be hell to pay for (snake lord glicon's or religions figure of your choosing) sake is that the impact you want to make on the youth culture; make your members shave their head out of "shame" for not winning a cuteness contest gaijin goombas hatsunimiku hate video was hilarious I mean I can understand how he feel about synthetic relationships but hatsunimiki has nothing on AKB48 I mean I've never really followed them or took more than a second to listen to music but they pop up in my news feeds and god dam it DONNA we are not raising another otaku burn that! give me her CD this goes in the trash It is a freaking tempting issue to address I mean personally I think that a synthetic relationship is a legitimate life style choice I mean population size decreasing in japan is something thats constantly in the news feeds I read sometimes maybe DONNA are you listening. DONNA! This is important. Do you want grand children. Good me neither.... geez Donna. I'm so close to leaving you for my Waifu. Is that cheating. I dont know. Please stop crying your making me feel like I can't even watch spice and wolf in front of you. I came for the midevil agricultural economics but I came for... well.. I came. Donna..... donna.]

[dingdong/spoiler]

Erect this upon thine wall. [dingdong/spoiler]

[ragnorprop/spoiler]

[dance dance wear your pants and make local games on your computers and instal them at a community arcade be cool place need a membership got to like pass this test where you I dont know freaking successfully do a triple summersalt and swan dive into a re-purposed UNUSED trash can filled with water. or freaking..... Anacondas./spoiler]

RICHIERICAN

Sep 18, 2014
I'm new to this forum Can you please give me a example on how to post a youtube video? thanks I so use just clicking a youtube icon on some forum I'm in!