Escapists! Post your rides!

farscythe

Dec 8, 2010

my daily ride. archive pic tho.. unfortunately mines at the shop now... snapped the chain yesterday so now its waiting for a new chain + rear cassette and also new brake pads as im on the metal now.. hooray for unexpected expenses..

but meh i guess after almost 8000km it was a matter of time till the chain went

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
This isn't a picture of my actual car but this is the exact kind of car that I have...same color too! And rims or whatever the things are called...

Got it from my step-dad who got it from my aunt. I could really use a new car considering this thing is older than 2 of my siblings and most of the house pets. It's reliable though and should last me a while longer.

Mikoi

Sep 29, 2010
MV Agusta F4 2012.
She's a great handling bike and fun to ride. Yes there are Kangaroos in the picture, 3 Guesses what country I live, lol

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Talaris said:
MetalMagpie said:
Talaris said:
MetalMagpie said:

It's fast, comfortable and I can play tablet games on my way to work. :D

My current fix is Majesty.
Heh I rode that Desiro 450 on my way to work, do you live/work in south-west London too?
Yay! Another Londoner! :D

Yep, I work near Chiswick.
Nice, that's a lovely area. Yeh I work in Richmond, and come in from Streatham Common; I've lived in South West London most of my life, and honestly sometimes feel nervous when venturing into other parts of London like the North East. Anime Con within Arsenal back in February was cool though.
Lots of good restaurants. If my team is having a bad week, lunches start to get expensive!

The rest of London is a bit scary. Better stay in the South West.

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
an annoyed writer said:
Hello Escapists, Val here today. I find myself in a better-than average mood as of late since I got a new vehicle today! It is one of these:

2000 Chevy Blazer. Fantastic vehicle, and when it's done with the tune-up and customizations it will be even better. So Escapists, I've got a question for you people: What do you use to get around, if anything? Do you use a normal sedan or SUV? Or do you use an Imperial AT-AT Walker or a TARDIS? Post what you use to get from point A to B and beyond!
And now I dont feel bad for Driving a pickup truck :D And you have the same car as my bro (his is silver and doesnt have any mods except aftermarket radio/speakers).

As for me, at the moment I drive a GMC Sonoma with the ZR-2 package. What that means is that it is the Off-Road sport model, and compared to the stock model, the ZR-2 comes with a forward skid plate (to protect the transmission from rocks), taller suspension and off-road tires with wider suspension (its not monster truck tall, but it is still taller than normal. I find it better than the normal), and a sport tuned engine and transmission allowing for a higher top speed (100 mph compared to 85 mph. Much better on the highway), an'd Fender Flares, . All of this with a little V6 engine that gets me 22 mpg, which might as well be measured in lightyears compared to other pickup trucks, and due to a small 10 gallon tank, Its only $40 per fill up (but thats every week). Unfortuantly, I cant link pictures on my I-pad, so you may have to look it up. Just know that whatever you find, mine is Fire Engine Red (with rims that are the same color and look butt ugly D:) with a regular cab. My dad also put a leather bed cover on it, which I dont really like, but whatever.

However, this truck is just to get me through college. Its WAY too small, hates the interstate, and only has 2 seats. When I am done with college, I would love to have a 1998 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra and get some mods on it [footnote]1: Bull bar on the front
2: Roll bar in the bed with KC lights on it
3: 3" lift kit and mud tires, same as the truck I have now.
4: American flag across the back windshield, with some choice bumper stickers (I dont want to turn it into a rolling billboard)
5: "Warning: These colors dont run!" forward decrative plate[/footnote] and then either a 2000's Chevy Blazer/GMC Jimmy or a 2000's Chevy Suburban (depending on how many kids I have). Then I would have a 1964 Chevy C-10, 1965 Ford Mustang, or 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner "for fun." And if I go into trucking, I would try to get a Kenworth T-800 or Peterbilt 379 with a sleeper cab.

Silvianoshei

May 26, 2011
Looks like I'm not the only one with this ride:

I also have a backup ride:

Great car, only 26k with some bells and whistles, 28 if you want the automatic version(...)

Now if only they had a diesel version...

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
BOOM headshot65 said:
And now I dont feel bad for Driving a pickup truck :D And you have the same car as my bro (his is silver and doesnt have any mods except aftermarket radio/speakers).

As for me, at the moment I drive a GMC Sonoma with the ZR-2 package. What that means is that it is the Off-Road sport model, and compared to the stock model, the ZR-2 comes with a forward skid plate (to protect the transmission from rocks), taller suspension and off-road tires with wider suspension (its not monster truck tall, but it is still taller than normal. I find it better than the normal), and a sport tuned engine and transmission allowing for a higher top speed (100 mph compared to 85 mph. Much better on the highway), an'd Fender Flares, . All of this with a little V6 engine that gets me 22 mpg, which might as well be measured in lightyears compared to other pickup trucks, and due to a small 10 gallon tank, Its only $40 per fill up (but thats every week). Unfortuantly, I cant link pictures on my I-pad, so you may have to look it up. Just know that whatever you find, mine is Fire Engine Red (with rims that are the same color and look butt ugly D:) with a regular cab. My dad also put a leather bed cover on it, which I dont really like, but whatever.

However, this truck is just to get me through college. Its WAY too small, hates the interstate, and only has 2 seats. When I am done with college, I would love to have a 1998 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra and get some mods on it [footnote]1: Bull bar on the front
2: Roll bar in the bed with KC lights on it
3: 3" lift kit and mud tires, same as the truck I have now.
4: American flag across the back windshield, with some choice bumper stickers (I dont want to turn it into a rolling billboard)
5: "Warning: These colors dont run!" forward decrative plate[/footnote] and then either a 2000's Chevy Blazer/GMC Jimmy or a 2000's Chevy Suburban (depending on how many kids I have). Then I would have a 1964 Chevy C-10, 1965 Ford Mustang, or 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner "for fun." And if I go into trucking, I would try to get a Kenworth T-800 or Peterbilt 379 with a sleeper cab.
So you've got something similar to this, but in red? :

Very nice choice for a truck. I actually chatted with a guy who had the same kind of truck not too long ago, and I have a friend that might get one. The Vortec V6 that powers both of our vehicles is one of the reasons I bought my Blazer: it has pretty good fuel economy (the same as the loaner Buick I've been using up until this point) plus it has much more space and a comfortable driving dynamic. They also have a lot of great aftermarket parts, a plus for someone who like to personalize their vehicle to a significant degree. Hell, I plan to do some significant mods myself: a new paint job(Space Blue Metallic), new headlights and grille, a new set of speakers(I already have an aftermarket head unit) and some neons placed behind the seams of the doors and hood, as well as the interior, to give it Tron-esque light lines at night. I plan to keep my Blazer around for much longer than you do your Sonoma, and I plan to keep it as my daily driver when I get a newer car, like the aforementioned Aspen.

ChemicalAlia

Apr 4, 2010
I got a 2013 Audi A3. I'm also super glad I got it when I did, since they've already stopped production of the hatchback cars for the US, and beginning next year the A3 is going to be a sedan.

My previous car was a big Mitsubishi sedan and was like driving a boat, I love how much easier it is to park, do U-turns, etc.

Diamante Jr.:

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
ChemicalAlia said:
I got a 2013 Audi A3. I'm also super glad I got it when I did, since they've already stopped production of the hatchback cars for the US, and beginning next year the A3 is going to be a sedan.

My previous car was a big Mitsubishi sedan and was like driving a boat, I love how much easier it is to park, do U-turns, etc.

Diamante Jr.:

Pretty slick ride you've got there, and I'm betting that it hugs corners real tight. I hope the maintenance isn't too costly for you: I've been around a few car forums here and there and it seems that the general consensus about newer European cars is that while they look really pretty and drive really well, they're fairly high-maintenance vehicles if you intend to keep them working like new for a considerable amount of time. Still though very nice car. Make sure you take good care of it!

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
Kennetic said:

She's my baby and that's a real picture.
To be honest, I prefer older bikes, the new ones don't look aggressive enough! Those R's are razor sharp on the handling though eh.

1991 GSX-R1100. ZX-7R front end & both wheels, full yoshi system, k&n's and too much other stuff to list.

If a bike can't be heard from five miles away, it's not loud enough!

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
Private Custard said:
Kennetic said:

She's my baby and that's a real picture.
To be honest, I prefer older bikes, the new ones don't look aggressive enough! Those R's are razor sharp on the handling though eh.

1991 GSX-R1100. ZX-7R front end & both wheels, full yoshi system, k&n's and too much other stuff to list.

If a bike can't be heard from five miles away, it's not loud enough!
Good to see fellow riders here. My first bike was a ZX-7R and I loved that beast. However, I do prefer Yamaha's current styling over any other.

Mikoi

Sep 29, 2010
Kennetic said:
Good to see fellow riders here. My first bike was a ZX-7R and I loved that beast. However, I do prefer Yamaha's current styling over any other.
My first ever bike was a GPX-250, as in Australia we are limited to 250cc or 650cc (Limited) while Learning for a year.
After that I got myself a ZX6R, then a Triumph Daytona 675, crashed that into a tree, had a Hyosung GT650R for awhile due to not working, and then now moved up to my current bike (MV Agusta F4)

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
This is my car.

The color is right, but it's a four door car. I love that thing, and I'm almost done paying it off! :D

I think I'm gonna keep it until the damn thing falls apart.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Your mother.

In all seriousness, me and my sister got our licenses around the same time we co-brought my mums car when she got a new one.

R3dF41c0n

Feb 11, 2009

I drive a 2002 Honda Accord. Decent gas mileage (around 30 MPG), 5 speed manual transmission, and it's pretty easy to work on (for a Honda).

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Jim Trailerpark said:
http://www.beograd.rs/beoinfo/1257127_Autobus_GSP_v.jpg

bet you never saw one of these
Bendy bus for the ... the ...
I don't know actually. Pretty sure it's not "win", but so long as it's not (yet) on fire it's not "fail" either.

Bendy bus for the difference?

Talaris said:
You guys have awesome rides ! The options in London aren't that cool, but here's what I commute with.

Are you kidding me? "Not that cool", with that sick paintjob?

Anyway, my slammin' whip is this little beaut

Renault Clio 1.5DCi-80 Privelege, 2003
...well, something very much like it anyway. I'm not crazy suicidal enough to post an actual photo of my actual car here.

10 years old, mid-spec turbodiesel, pretty nice car in the scheme of all the ones I've had. Be nice if the AC worked, and it was the slightly plusher version (with cruise control, better stereo etc), and would prefer to not be staring down the thick end of a £500-600 turbocharger replacement in the next couple months, but it's saved at least a few hundred pounds in fuel bills since I bought it so that is at least somewhat offset. Bit of a downsize and slowdown from the previous luggage-swallowing petrol powered rocketship, but I needed something that would fit my tiny garage and be less horrendously expensive to run.

Even with the problems I've had with it so far (mainly revolving around the French being worldwide icons of electrical reliability and solid engineering... oh wait, sorry, I meant the exact opposite), I still feel bad for the guy aspiring to a Nissan Almera on the first page. I know any car's better than no car, and your first will always be loved almost as if it's a child (cf. Vannelope and the kart Ralph helped her make), but damn, son... shit's nasty ;-)

And there's also this towering icon of two-wheeled power

Honda CG125 ES-4, 2006
Or again one very much like it, with hotgrips, DIY handlebar wind deflectors and an XR125 bottom end in place of a knackered original.

Can't you just hear it roar from the picture alone?

Just waiting for the weather to wake up and realise it's March already, not January, so I can safely set out on it again. I've even happily ridden in snow, and on cleared main roads in icy conditions, but I draw the line at the multitude of backstreets that are my route to work when they get regularly iced over and rarely if ever cleared. The car slithering a bit is fine, but if that happens on the bike you're most likely going to fall off. I can take the fall, and so can the bike, but I'd rather not have the delay, repair bills, and potential broken bones.

I tell you what, it's crazy difficult trying to find online pictures for those two models for some reason, at least the ones vaguely representative of my own, inamongst a hundred of bogstandard model shots (e.g. 3-doors for the Clio...). I had no idea they were so rare, particularly when even at my own workplace (employing, what, a couple hundred people?) there's someone else with a red CG, and another with a navy blue Clio, and I've confused each one for my own once each already.