Escapists! What is your kill count?

GamerAddict7796

Jun 2, 2010
Yes, this thread has been done a million times before but as it's nearly Christmas, I felt there was no better way of celebrating than thinking about all the digital lives who won't be celebrating because of you, you monster!

Mine would probably be around 800,000 thanks to Arrival that I've played through twice. That's a lot of Batarians who won't be celebrating (If they did). Also, my adventures in Los Santos of late have left a few empty stockings.

Edit: Thinking about all the games I've played and forgotten about, it may be over 1 mil. From someone who doesn't play RTSs. I kinda feel bad now. :-(

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I know I had a combined kill count of over 20,000 in Medal of Honor Frontline and Allied Assault alone, due to the stats pages that tell you how many kills you have (and that was campaign only stats - yes, I played those two quite a lot)

Aside from that, my kill count is probably in the tens of millions when you factor in RTS games; Hundreds of little pixelated sprites meeting their digital makers at the hands of my autonomous base defences and superweapons, And the games where you destroy an entire planetsworth of people through blowing up installations full of enemies (destroying the flood infested rings in Halo, the Starforge in KOTOR, blowing up the capital ships in Battlefront 2 etc.)

Good times.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Well, I know I got the 'Zombie Genocidest' achievement from Left 4 Dead (which entails killing 53595 of the infected) and logged over 1,200 hours in that game and its sequel alone. I've killed over 1,000 various enemies (humanoid and otherwise) in Borderlands 2 and countless genetic experiments have met their end at my hands in Killing Floor.

In the Mojave Wasteland I am known as "Lord Death", while in the Capital Wasteland I've killed every enemy I've seen, sweeping all areas I could gain access to in the D.C. ruins and presented over a hundred fingers to the Regulators. In Skyrim I held the barricades at Whiterun and decimated the Stormcloak attackers, scattering the demoralised survivors to the hills before hunting them down in their camps and killing them to a man. I stormed Windhelm and cut the pretender down from his throne of arrogance.

I've put the armies of Mordor to fire and sword, trampling them under the multitudinous hooves of the Rohirrim and felling them with storms of arrows. I've rained fire and death down on the armoured ranks of Isengard and left the mountain ranges of Middle-Earth littered with goblin corpses. I burned the Corsairs of Umbar in their ships and turned away the Mumakil charge at the Pelennor Fields. That probably amounts to around 50,000 dead soldiers.

The largest numbers are probably in RTS games. I blew up whole fleets of ships in Empire at War and its expansion, which probably means several million more casualties. Now that I think about it, there was that planet that I-...Aaargh, this is going to complicate things.

All right, as a wild guess, maybe around 591,015,209,345?

[small][sub]Am I a bad person?[/sub][/small]

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Billions upon billions, possibly trillions. This is of course thanks to wiping out Earth population more then once with various plagues, nuking planets from orbit in Sins of a Solar Empire, and similar mass killings in strategy games. These make my exploits in games like Halo and the like quite small potatoes.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Like Shock and Awe, I've spent most of my killing time destroying cities, nations and planets at a time, so yeah hundreds of Billions sounds about right.

Wraith

Oct 11, 2011
Within 100 to 200 million. Anything from human to animal to orc to demon to even gods have been killed by my hands.... errr... thumbs. And to think, my path of murder started with a little red Italian plumber on a rectangle that had only two buttons on it. My hands are dirty. The dirt won't come off.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I can't even begin to guess. In WoT I've destroyed 15,076 tanks with crew sizes from 2-6. So I've killed between 30,152 and 80,000+ digital men since I started in 2011. Wow... That's just that game and I can't even begin to guess how many Nazis, stormtroopers, pilots, naval personal and aliens have died due to my hand.

And the Goombas, think of the Goombas!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I have killed countless creatures and other human (bandits and other players) alike in Guild Wars 2 in the name of loots and now I am slaying any creatures that get in my way in Legend of Zelda: A like between worlds.
I certainly hoped that St Peter won't judge my video games action when I reach the gate-

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Shock and Awe said:
Billions upon billions, possibly trillions. This is of course thanks to wiping out Earth population more then once with various plagues, nuking planets from orbit in Sins of a Solar Empire, and similar mass killings in strategy games. These make my exploits in games like Halo and the like quite small potatoes.
Yeah, same. I'll reach many billions with Defcon alone. I don't even want to think about all the games that include true world-ending weapons, like SoaSE or Empire at War.

Lucyfer86

Jun 30, 2011
More than one, that's for sure. How much more, can't say.. can't count that far most likely.

mindfaQ

Dec 6, 2013
Hmm, hard to tell.
DotA/Dota 2 alone should be somewhere at about 1.3 mio. creeps and heroes.
Diablo 2 and various tower defenses add a lot, too.
Shooters like Unreal Tournament also add a bit
Some shmups also add to the number.
So if I needed to guess, I'd say 2.5 mio, maybe more.

Not counting story kills that are a result of destroying a planet and similar stuff (not that I did that), but only units that can be seen in the game.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Shock and Awe said:
This, between the Novalith superpoweapon and Marza Dreadnought's I've sterilized hundreds of planets in Sins of a Solar Empire, I've even blown a few up Death Star style (and even a couple with the Death Star).

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Between the Sniper Elite series, Dead Rising, Modern Warfare 2, Quake 1 2 and 3 and various other deathmatch/arena games alone I've probably killed off whole nations of people/zombies/aliens/whatever. Wow thats a lot of folk who won't be celebrating the holidays.

Atrocious Joystick

May 5, 2011
Some girls in the apartment uptown, some homeless people maybe 5 or 10, some NYU girl I met in central park, and some ****** with a dog in an alley. Killed another girl with a chainsaw, I mean I had to, she almost got away. I guess I´ve killed something like 20, maybe 40 people. I tried to eat some of their brains, and uh, I even tried to cook a little.
So uh, I mean I guess I´m a pretty sick guy.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
I've committed mass-genocide on the other races in Master of Orion 2, so billions, if not trillions, for me.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Shock and Awe said:
Yeah even one playthrough of Master of Orion 2 results in me destroying planets killing billions in an instant. Then you factor in a few other games like Star Wars Empire at War (modified with a ton of new units and planets), Sins of a Solar Empire, the Civilization series, the total war series, it's gotta be in the trillions. I even played Master of Orion 3 long enough to get planet destroying weapons which end up burning a planet till it looks like Char from Starcraft. Speaking of Starcraft just the first game has you unleashing the zerg on a heavily populated planet so that adds (according to the starcraft wiki) 2 billion in one mission.

Disturbed-Hell

Shas'la
Mar 18, 2010
Well, I've played pandemic 2 once and had everywhere but Canada and Madagascar reduced to graveyards, so that's, what..? 7 billion from just that one game? Combine that with thousands of hours in areas, campaigns, skirmishes, backalleys, alien worlds, pits of hell and whatever else I've played, that number would rise to somewhere around 8 billion.

EDIT: Wait! I forgot about Master of Orion. So 8 billion plus 4 entire alien races spread out over about 70 star systems makes... (assuming ~ 1 billion per system) somewhere around 80 billion?

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I regularly bombard planets in various strategy games, completely wiping out entire populations on earthlike planets (with futuristic societies allowing for tens if not hundreds of billions of people to live on a single earthlike planet. Never was clear on population counts in some games. 400 for a terran planet... is that 40 billion? 400 billion? Only 400 million? Because at early 21st century tech, Earth itself can support around 13 billion). Sometimes several hundred times in a single game.

...mine's at least in the trillions, possibly the quadrillions.

IRL: somewhere between 2 and 30 (honestly unsure, they were usually pretty far away).

Simonism451

Oct 27, 2008
Well, there was that college kid, then the investment banker...Oh, you mean in videogames (I am Hee-larious, I know). Well, even if you leave out deaths that aren't explicitly shown (i.e. nuking a city in Civ IV) and deaths that happen due to my incompetence (i.e. failing to stop the alien kill ray) the figures would still be safely in the millions, considering that I got an achievment for killing 10,000 zombies in Atom Zombie Smasher with artillery alone, and I didn't even put that many hours into that.